• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 chatter thread

Started by HorseFeathers, October 23, 2017, 02:41:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigleague

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigleague on October 27, 2017, 04:14:23 pm
Yeah.   Houston and LA

Lakers and Rockets? Could be a decent one

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 27, 2017, 04:10:01 pm
Anyone watching a good game tonight?
World Series for this guy with a couple of cold brews

BigLion10

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 27, 2017, 04:19:20 pm
Lakers and Rockets? Could be a decent one
Ill take Lavar and Lonzo by 3

BannerMountainMan

Shirley Nemo...but may not be too good

thebigman3

All in favor of firing Bilema say I..

BannerMountainMan

Go on hogville and look..it's ugly

thebigman3

Just watched the video of the potential game winner Charter tried to hit on MVE and the ball went in and out and hung on the rim.. Charter I believe may be on the come up. They're defiantly the most improved team I've seen this year so far..

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 27, 2017, 04:27:50 pm
Ill take Lavar and Lonzo by 3
And that's why Lion is in the Inner Circle

thebigman3

I'm starting to think UCA men's basketball is on the come up this year.. They beat a team 100-51 the other night and tonight they just went into OT with UCLA and only lost by 5. Idc that they didn't have Ball and the other 2 players, still something to pay attention too.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 16, 2017, 12:26:05 am
I'm starting to think UCA men's basketball is on the come up this year.. They beat a team 100-51 the other night and tonight they just went into OT with UCLA and only lost by 5. Idc that they didn't have Ball and the other 2 players, still something to pay attention too.
This ^^^^^^^^ What??????

BannerMountainMan

What does Sack think about Mike Anderson's (Nolans) coaching style?? Like it or not? JW

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 16, 2017, 09:12:52 am
This ^^^^^^^^ What??????
It's just a chatter thread and I keep up with UCA basketball, so I thought I'd post it.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 16, 2017, 09:26:12 am
What does Sack think about Mike Anderson's (Nolans) coaching style?? Like it or not? JW
I think the UA could do much much better than Mike Anderson there are many things about him I do not like. #1 he passed on the best available(Monk and kid at fla not avilable) player in Arkansas two years ago in the Reeves kid at Cedar Ridge. His staff is terrible! That system is flawed in todays game and you will see it soon enough. Okay thats enough for now!

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 16, 2017, 11:32:00 am
I think the UA could do much much better than Mike Anderson there are many things about him I do not like. #1 he passed on the best available(Monk and kid at fla not avilable) player in Arkansas two years ago in the Reeves kid at Cedar Ridge. His staff is terrible! That system is flawed in todays game and you will see it soon enough. Okay thats enough for now!
I don't see how he "passed" on them when Arkansas was in the top 2. I think he is a good coach, just not recruiter. Maybe we just need good ole Coach Brady up there!

Midland.Mustang

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 24, 2017, 11:21:04 pm
Y'all keep talking. I hope they do meet this year. That way y'all will shut up with all this. Guy had their heads way too big tonight and Charter played good. What y'all aren't understanding is Guy is defending State Champs. Charter isn't or anyone else will not come out with the same attitude as they would for Guy, Bay, Shirley, and i'll even throw MVE in the mix. Just cause they beat them that bad and Guy beat them by 9 does not mean a thing.
How much is Hutchcraft paying for players? i can talk to a couple of good players from our conference who might move over there and help yall out.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 16, 2017, 12:52:36 pm
I don't see how he "passed" on them when Arkansas was in the top 2. I think he is a good coach, just not recruiter. Maybe we just need good ole Coach Brady up there!
You are reading my plain English wrong seeing what you want to see once again. Anderson did not pass on Monk and Fla kid. He passed on Reeves which will prove to be a big big mistake!  Who is Coach Brady?? That system is outdated and past its prime!

lavarball

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 16, 2017, 01:27:39 pm
You are reading my plain English wrong seeing what you want to see once again. Anderson did not pass on Monk and Fla kid. He passed on Reeves which will prove to be a big big mistake!  Who is Coach Brady?? That system is outdated and past its prime!
I actually agree with you for once.. I thought we should've went after him as well.. don't know why we didn't..

dentist15

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 16, 2017, 12:26:05 am

They beat a mediocre-at-best NCAA DIII team (University of the Ozarks) 100-51, so not too impressive there. But the game with UCLA was impressive.

thebigman3

Quote from: dentist15 on November 16, 2017, 02:40:09 pm

They beat a mediocre-at-best NCAA DIII team (University of the Ozarks) 100-51, so not too impressive there. But the game with UCLA was impressive.
They had it won if the boy would'nt have fouled

thechampchamp

And UCA didn't have their center. A 6'9, very strong and athletic player who would have helped them win the game. Yall probably dont even know about ole SK do you...

dentist15

SK Shittu, played at Providence Academy in Rogers.....Yeah, watched SK and Providence get beat by County Line last year at the Greenwood tournament.

thechampchamp

Are you saying hes not a very good player??

dentist15

Quote from: thechampchamp on November 17, 2017, 09:17:59 am
Are you saying hes not a very good player??

No, where did you get that from my statement. Being on the 1A board, I was just highlighting a 1A team to relate to the discussion about SK, as that's the only time I've seen him play in person (but highlights show that he has plenty of skill). And he's playing at a D1 school, that speaks for itself about how good he is.

thechampchamp

I just wanted to make sure. He has an insane wingspan of 86' and is very athletic. I would like to see him try to dominate more with his scoring. His defense and rebounding are strong. But I think if he would score the basketball a lot more, it would help him a lot. I don't think he is gonna play for a while. I heard he had heart problems and possibly had a heartattack on the court.

BigLion10

Quote from: thechampchamp on November 17, 2017, 09:25:11 am
I just wanted to make sure. He has an insane wingspan of 86' and is very athletic. I would like to see him try to dominate more with his scoring. His defense and rebounding are strong. But I think if he would score the basketball a lot more, it would help him a lot. I don't think he is gonna play for a while. I heard he had heart problems and possibly had a heartattack on the court.
You sure are very defensive about him, must be a cousin

thebigman3

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 17, 2017, 09:26:26 am
You sure are very defensive about him, must be a cousin
Or a girlfriend.

thechampchamp

dentist15

Quote from: thechampchamp on November 17, 2017, 09:25:11 am

I seem to remember reading that he didn't start playing until 13 or 14, so it's still somewhat of a new game to him. Was kind of learning on the fly at Providence Academy. And you can't teach height and wingspan, and to some extent, athleticism. Definitely a good project for small D1 like UCA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas