• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serious Question

Started by amehr36, April 05, 2006, 10:46:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

amehr36

After reading some of the polls and comments on here im beginning to wonder.....

Was Rison just not the same team as usual last year?  Or was Cross County that much better?  Rison of course only beat them 6-0 and they also struggled with Norphlet in the first round. 

big E

It just proves that Toddy could motivate a turnip to play hard.

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: RisonWildcat4 on April 05, 2006, 11:17:00 am
Norphlet played Rison tough in the first half,but got wore down and Rison blew it open and won 49-20 in the second half..I believe the score was 21-20 at halftime.

Norphlet gave us a scare close to the beginning when they scored their TD and then recovered that fumble, and played very tough till halftime. But if I remember right, I don't think their offense found the 50-yard-line in the second half. I wish I could've heard Coach Totty's halftime speech.

Cross County played Rison tough as well...BOTH team's drove the ball,but it was like once they got into the redzone,they forgot how to play football.If my memory is correct,I believe Rison's score was a 40-50 yard run by Ballard.

I thought Reggie scored the TD against Cross Co.

The-Bookie

Norphlet was marred by penalties in the second half of the Rison game.  Couldn't overcome them.  Yes, Norphlet got into Rison territory but couldn't find the endzone.  Rison even intercepted a pass in the endzone.  Rison played much better pass defence in the second half and Norphlet couldn't stop the 4 yards and a cloud of dust offence with their mostly freshman and sophomore starters.

kav

But they ain't freshmen and sophomores this year...

As Jim Kramer would say "BOOYAH"

The-Bookie

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas