• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Short list for Bearden Job:

Started by Jesus Saves, March 28, 2006, 09:23:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus Saves

Heard today that Bearden had  7 applicants.  Start interviewing next week and narrow it down to 3 for the board to vote on in April.  Rumors are ( and you know how rumors are) Mike Cox - Career Junior High Coach at Camden Fairview with Bearden Ties, Jason Gill - DC at Rison, and you guessed it Jimmy "Red" Parker - My sources tell me that he has contacted Bearden twice in the last week and really wants to come back.  Coach Parker put his Chevrolet dealership up for sale this morning. He doesn't need the money and knows how to deal with the administration and parents in Bearden.  I guess we will know in about 6 weeks who it will be.   Good luck to whomever gets the job. 

P.S.  If any of this is inaccurate I do apoligize.  Although my source, I think, is very reliable.  If anyone else has any information please let me know.

SLICK

Dont know if Red would apply since his grandson has applied.  Maybe calling for his grandson

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: SLICK on March 29, 2006, 09:14:06 am
Dont know if Red would apply since his grandson has applied. Maybe calling for his grandson

Which grandson is that?

Jesus Saves

Parker never applied at Fordyce.......He told me that he had approx. 25 people meet him at his dealership one particular Sat. morning and told him for his business sake that he might ought to consider coming to Fordyce. Business owners and bank presidents and that sort of people. That's why he came to Fordyce.

SLICK

And Parker just blowed smoke up your rear.  Alot of respect for Parker but not the most reliable source anymore.

Jesus Saves

Fordyce, AR has more politics than Washington DC.  Parker says the worst mistake he's made lately was leaving Bearden and going back to 2dicetwice.  I really wish we could land a coach here at Bearden that would put together a program that pushed offseason, track, and also emphasize 7th grade and Jr. High athletics.  Wait a minute, we just had one that quit because he wasn't allowed to run a clean program the way it is supposed to be ran.  Good luck to whomever gets the job and may God Bless!!

Leopard_Roar

I guess Coach Parker's Grandson would be Matt Wallace at Hermitage.

bigdaddybear

would someone post who the bears play next year

RisonShiner

Quote from: awe shoot fellas on March 31, 2006, 08:31:19 am
Fordyce, AR has more politics than Washington DC.
I know thats right.  Too big of fish and too little of pond

Jesus Saves

Jason Gill interviewed friday @ Bearden. 

Jesus Saves

I don't much about Gill's coaching qualities. Could you enlighten me on that.

Moondog

Gill has been a good defensive coordinator for Rison. I heard thru the grapevine that he's been offered the job and is seriously thinking about taking it. Probably the best candidate that interviewed for it  and Rison will miss him and the other assistants that might leave.

bigdaddybear

not true gill has not be offered the job  still talking to other coaches  coach will be named on the 13th mostlikely

Jesus Saves

The 17 that were interviewed have been narrowed to 4 and the school board will decide on a coach at their April meeting.

arkansashooper

MIKE COX, the man, the myth, the legend!!!!!

good luck with your interview, coach!!!!! ;) ;D

Sack

Cox has always done well in Camden.  He gets a lot out of his players.  Would do well as a head coach, IMO.

wildcat_x-mgr

It would be great to see Coach Gill get a head coaching job, even if we would miss him badly at Rison. Good luck, Coach!

bigdaddybear

surely someone has a hint let us know what you have heard  even if its just a rumor  whe does school board meet

bigdaddybear

really feel bearden is more interesred in a coach named cox  head jr high coach at camden fairvirw

Sack

Cox would do a great job.  Would be a major loss from the CF program, but he'd make a super head coach.

mastermind10

Having been an astute observer of south arkansas football, i believe coach gill will go above and beyond for any program lucky enough to get him.  with that in mind, i'm sure that gill or anyone else who has the ability to think for himself will become frustrated by bearden's micro-managing superintendent and leave the program before he can bild any continuity

bearpapa

I heard Bearden was going after Chris Erstine.      ;D

wildcat_x-mgr

April 11, 2006, 05:37:44 pm #22 Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 05:45:55 pm by wildcat_x-mgr
Now that's funny right there! ;D ;D ;D

bigdaddybear

ex mgr who is erstine  did he coach at woodlawn at one time  if so i will say no way hope i dont have to eat my words  i still say mike cox

wildcat_x-mgr

Yes, Kris Erstine was the head coach at Woodlawn untill about a year ago, preceeding Marion Glover. And don't worry, ZBEAR was only joking. 8)

Jesus Saves

The reason I would vote for Cox is that he wants to coach at Bearden.  He has applied 3 times (I think) and that to me says that he wants to be here.  Bearden isn't a very attractive place to go out and land a big name coach.  Whoever comes to Bearden will have to take the old staff along with them and be under a superintendent (micro-manager) that was one of the worst head coaches I've seen at Bearden and is a legend in his own mind.  I'm not going to get anything started by saying this but whoever comes to Bearden ought to be successful for the next 5 years.  There is a ton of talent coming up through the system although it doesn't show sometimes because Bearden doesn't take pride in 7th grade and Jr. High athletics and there isn't any emphasis put there.  The board meets in a couple of days and I'll try to find out the result asap and post the news.  Good Luck to whomever !!!

Dayton Kitchens

A coach I know that is very familiar with Bearden (but doesn't coach there) said that Bearden is "a state  championship just waiting to happen".

SLICK

Mr. Kitchens,

Why dont you write us book about Bearden  "A state champoinship waiting to happen."
Then you could have your own book store.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: SLICK on April 12, 2006, 12:16:06 pm
Mr. Kitchens,

Why dont you write us book about Bearden "A state champoinship waiting to happen."
Then you could have your own book store.

Don't have a clear idea as to what you are talking about.

Though you misspelled  "championship".

Button is there for a reason

bigdaddybear

should have coach this time  4 13  06    anyone have any thoughts on who it might be if so post it

Sack

Quote from: bigdaddybear on April 12, 2006, 08:43:10 pm

should have coach this time 4 13 06 anyone have any thoughts on who it might be if so post it
Who got the job?

bigdaddybear

mike cox new head coach
Bearden

bigdaddybear

mike cox new head coach at bearden

givemeabreak

Bearden has always had the talent, but they have never done anything with it. Good luck to Coach Coxenberg, I mean, Rosencox, whatever......

Prince Caspian

Jesus Saves

Jr. High coach at Camden Fairview.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas