• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel football ?

Started by MrThunder2004, January 31, 2006, 10:42:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Juice-Man

Quote from: amehr36 on April 08, 2006, 01:19:48 am
CheersĀ  ;D......besides...they would actually have to know something about football before they could get on here and talk about it...
You're a man amongst boys amehr.  ;D

amehr36

kav

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: Chamillionaire on April 06, 2006, 02:26:32 pm
Quote from: amehr36 on April 06, 2006, 10:42:13 am
I know the PERFECT way to get this back on subject

PARKERS CHAPEL COULD BEAT THE LOWLY WILDCATS IN FOOTBALL!!!!

Do i really believe this ?  no...but oh well.
Oh great. Now watch them come back with "we're 6A and they're 2A, we'll beat them a dur dur dur".

Our JV beat y'all last year, SHERIDAN... We had a terrible season last year and were one of the worst teams in 5A and we killed y'all... I do not think you could beat a 4A team

DragonDT06

The coach at PC is going to have to lock the doors to keep his guys from trying to run away at halftime after junction's freshman have drug them around the field.

thebigshot

Quote from: RisonWildcat4 on April 11, 2006, 03:16:38 pm
Quote from: Kaleb_FS8 on April 11, 2006, 10:14:04 am
Quote from: Chamillionaire on April 06, 2006, 02:26:32 pm
Quote from: amehr36 on April 06, 2006, 10:42:13 am
I know the PERFECT way to get this back on subject

PARKERS CHAPEL COULD BEAT THE LOWLY WILDCATS IN FOOTBALL!!!!

Do i really believe this ? no...but oh well.
Oh great. Now watch them come back with "we're 6A and they're 2A, we'll beat them a dur dur dur".

Our JV beat y'all last year, SHERIDAN... We had a terrible season last year and were one of the worst teams in 5A and we killed y'all... I do not think you could beat a 4A team

See...I HATE when someone talks about "our jr high beat your jr high so were better' that is BS! Look at Rison..quite frankly our jr high team SUCKS..but look at them boys when they get to the 10th-13th grade's...Come on now..let's be real..Jr high cant be compared to Varsity.

13th grade ?!??! Now, Anit That Something. hahahaha

amehr36

Just for the record, JCs jr high does quite well and then continues the process in Sr high  8).

gatecrasher

Quote from: MrThunder2004 on February 23, 2006, 10:13:43 am
Quote from: kav on February 22, 2006, 11:50:56 am
El Dorado has never had a good coach or team and probably won't because of two simple reasons: parents and administration. When I attended El Dorado what determined whether you were a starter or not at the skill positions was who your parents were and how often they had the coach over for dinner. There were a few exceptions but by and large that was the rule. You have too many people with their fingers in the pie trying to get their kid this or that and an administration that kowtows to them. To quote something my chemistry teacher and a math teacher told me several years after graduation "You were always a good student, it always bugged me that you made a good grade but , ,, got their grades handed to them. They all had F's in my class but the administration told me to either give them B's or my contract would not be renewed."

That right there is why El Dorado will never be very good.

What in the heck ?!?!

Scooter Register was head coach from 1995 to 2003. He lead El Dorado to two conference titles 1998, 2000. Led El Dorado to the 5A state championship in 2001. We did what any other team couldn't do. We lost 6 games in 2001. We didn't give up we still made it to the state championship game. Can you say that ? Maybe not.

El Dorado has had a lot of good teams that came through.

If you knew something about it. You would know. If Coach Register was still here in El Dorado, you wouldn't be saying crap like this.

El Dorado has had a couple bad years since 2003 when Register left.

Jeff Williams was head coach in 2003 and he resigned in 2005.

I played for El Do in 85-86....went 21-4 during that span, including a win over Ruston, LA in 85...they were nationally ranked...#12, #1 in Louisiana.  Back-to-back conference championships.  the '91 team made it to #17 in USA Today's Super 25 b4 Barry Lunney, Jr.  took their pants down in the quarterfinals.  And, of course, Scooter Register willed the 2001 team to a state runner-up finish after entering the playoffs at 5-5.  As for 2006, the talent is there to make some serious noise...can the coaching staff do the job is the million-dollar question.

gatecrasher

Quote from: Wilson on February 26, 2006, 11:20:09 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 24, 2006, 03:43:12 am

I have always maintained that 3 differant coaches in four years is hard on any team. I will bet you a c-note that ED will be in the top 10 for the next three years. Coach Grey has learned from his mistakes and that will add three victories to the win column alone.

Considering that there will only be 16 teams in 7A next year thats not that big of a deal now is it?.......Kinda like saying I bet a C note that Tuesday follows Monday every week?............Come on and dazzle us with something a little more out on a limb than that.
El Do is 6A dude...check the facts b4 you post!

gatecrasher

Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 27, 2006, 12:19:19 pm

I have always maintained that 3 differant coaches in four years is hard on any team. I will bet you a c-note that ED will be in the top 10 for the next three years. Coach Grey has learned from his mistakes and that will add three victories to the win column alone.

Considering that there will only be 16 teams in 7A next year thats not that big of a deal now is it?.......Kinda like saying I bet a C note that Tuesday follows Monday every week?............Come on and dazzle us with something a little more out on a limb than that.

I was against the new division, however, I believe ED would have been a top ten team contending for a state championship if they had left things the way they were. All I know is ED will play SS, PB, and that powerhouse from LA, in the preconference. That will tell you if we would have been able to compete on the higher level. Are you saying ED will suck next year or win but if won't mean crap because they are in a watered down division. Hey remember, people said for years that JC was overrated because they were from a weak conference. I always said that all the conferences around the state are the same. One very good team, a couple of decent teams, and several not so good teams. ED will be a very good team for several years in the future. You come up with a measuring stick and I will bet you on that criteria.
El Do plays Camden Fairview, Bryant, and Magnolia in non-conference.

The-Bookie

El Dorado, what have you done for me lately :-*

Wilson

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on April 18, 2006, 01:04:22 pm

6A or 7A....its all a bit of a joke the way they split it up .....there are not many teams in either class one way or the other.     

The-Bookie

Yeah, that really doesn't make any sense.  Arkansas doesn't have that big of schools to have 6 classifications in football plz.

gatecrasher

Quote from: Wilson on April 19, 2006, 12:25:28 am
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on April 18, 2006, 01:04:22 pm

6A or 7A....its all a bit of a joke the way they split it up .....there are not many teams in either class one way or the other.
You are right about that.  Maybe the AAA will grow a brain and reclassify in a couple of years, but I really do not see that happening.

gatecrasher

Quote from: The-Bookie on April 18, 2006, 08:57:45 pm
El Dorado, what have you done for me lately :-*
I have to agree with you there man...Things have gone awry since 2001.  Had Guerin not missed that kick against Russellville in 2002, who knows what would have happened that year?  I think we can be good in '06 if the defense gels.  Offensively we will be dangerous.  If Jeremy Gill would have started at QB last year from the outset we would have been playing past week 10.

The-Bookie

I saw that against Russleville.  I have to admit, when Norphlet isn't still around, I have been spotted at an El Dog game or two ;)

gatecrasher

Quote from: The-Bookie on April 19, 2006, 06:23:39 pm
I saw that against Russleville. I have to admit, when Norphlet isn't still around, I have been spotted at an El Dog game or two ;)
Speaking of Norphlet, you guys have back-to back playoff appearances!  What's '06 looking like?  I'm an El Do fan, but I keep up with all the other area teams, and the entire state for that matter.

back to Back playoff appearances is a little deceiving. A 5 loss season and finishing in the bottom half of your conference does not equal a good season at most schools. Back to original thread on PC. I predict that after a few years they will be real competitive. I base this on the fact that they are competetive in all other sports and usually schools that do this do it in all sports.

kav

Just a thought, but maybe PC has been so competitive in other sports because they didn't have football taking away from the practice of those sports?

nickel

wrong! The only other sport it might hurt is basketball, but that also depends on how good the kids are. If they know bb, it will not matter.

RisonRacingFan

This is hillarious...Im so bored I just read this entire post....Here's a point's Id like to make..

Junction City will now be a powerhouse in AA.I always enjoyed playing them.Great team..good rivalry between them and Rison..both teams are always pumped.

I cant remember who..but someone said something about thier team being the only team the know of to take a knee when another player is injured from the other team...Rison does it..as well as several other teams.

The Sheridan dude trying to brag...that's the funniest thing Ive read tonight..please...spare us..we all know how you guy's are in football..we appreciate the comedy though!

And last...best of luck to everyone in AA..gonna miss you all..but we've gotta make a name for ourselve's in AAA now!

The-Bookie

Quoteback to Back playoff appearances is a little deceiving. A 5 loss season and finishing in the bottom half of your conference does not equal a good season at most schools
Yeah, deceiving in the fact that we have actually been 3 years in a row :-\

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas