• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW GOOD WILL THE BISONS BE NEXT YEAR?

Started by trapdownumouth, January 19, 2006, 11:14:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trapdownumouth

Looking at the new conferences, Carlisle should sweep those teams next year.  Even if they lose one game, they would be in great shape.  With reclassifying some of the larger A teams to 3A, some doors should open for Carlisle to get back in their winning ways.  Anyone know much about their returners?  I know the Jr. high was fairly good, but can this coach turn this team around?

Lions84

Have you gone soft in the head ? DA, Earle, Hazen and Clarendon were all Playoff teams last fall while the Bison were done by week 6 of the regular season.  If the Bison go 5-5 it would be a VAST improvement over the past few years

The Infidel

I have not heard much about Carlisle lately other than they were returning several starters. Some friends in that area are not happy with the way things have been going lately though. I hope they get back on track.

trapdownumouth

Lions84, you have listed some good teams.  Earle is always tough.  Expect DesArc to be the same.  Carlisle and DesArc used to have some good games in the 70's and 80's.  I don't know about Hazen, though.  They do get up for the Carlisle game, since they are the rival team (now since Carlisle and Lonoke quit playing years ago).  I can't help but read that people aren't too cozy at Hazen, so I didn't think they would be that tough next year.  As far as Clarendon, who knows about them.  One year they are great, then you don't hear anything.  It will be hard for the Bisons to pull out as a 3 or 4 seed, at best.  I changed my mind....

Bleedgreen

Quote from: trapdownumouth on January 19, 2006, 11:14:15 am
Looking at the new conferences, Carlisle should sweep those teams next year. Even if they lose one game, they would be in great shape. With reclassifying some of the larger A teams to 3A, some doors should open for Carlisle to get back in their winning ways. Anyone know much about their returners? I know the Jr. high was fairly good, but can this coach turn this team around?
Quote from: trapdownumouth on January 19, 2006, 02:15:01 pm
Lions84, you have listed some good teams. Earle is always tough. Expect DesArc to be the same. Carlisle and DesArc used to have some good games in the 70's and 80's. I don't know about Hazen, though. They do get up for the Carlisle game, since they are the rival team (now since Carlisle and Lonoke quit playing years ago). I can't help but read that people aren't too cozy at Hazen, so I didn't think they would be that tough next year. As far as Clarendon, who knows about them. One year they are great, then you don't hear anything. It will be hard for the Bisons to pull out as a 3 or 4 seed, at best. I changed my mind....
With just six teams if you pull off a couple of upsets you're playoff bound.  But with the teams in the NEW 6AA it'll be hard to pull off those upsets 'cause you have four playoff teams from this season ahead of you.  Plus you can never tell what will happen at P/W.  Carlisle is a traditionally tough game and they could make a come back.  Good luck in 06.

HorseFeathers

Carlisle's main problem was lack of players. They had talent last season, just nothing went right. Barton and Carlisle missing the playoffs in the same season, its bad times for the delta powers.

green-eagle

carlisle will be fine, they just need to win half of their conference games and they are in, unless there's a tie, then some of these non-conference will start to count.

Since there will be a reduction in conference games (5), then maybe we will see some good non-conference games. Maybe then the 6AA can flex it's muscles.

Bleedgreen

With six teams in the conference a team could go 3-7 and make the playoffs, as long as the 3 wins are conference wins.  But on the other hand it gives you the opportunity to play playoff quality teams in non conference.  Get er done 6AA.     

Lions84

Good luck to all our 6AA teams in 06. It hurt to see Barton and Carlisle do so bad last year.

trapdownumouth

Very sad to drive thru Bison land and know that the traffic jams were not going to happen last year.  Sure hope they get every thing back to par, b/c it's not right if Carlisle and Barton miss the playoffs.  There's too many posters that remember those 80's and  90's games.

football

I think that the Bison wont be too bad next year.  They are returning 6 starters on offense and i think 5 or 6 on defense plus a very strong 9th grade class.  And there were i think 4 of those 9th graders that got to see lots of playing time when they moved up for the last couple games.  Coach told me the other day that there are around 30 kids in offseason (including upcoming 9th graders)  So the numbers will be bigger as well.  Depth killed us last year along with attitude problems.  So I wish the Bison the best of luck and hope to see them back in the playoffs next year.

loudmouth

the bison will be good this upcoming season. the only problem they had was lack of players(they only had 17), and the few players they had, they all got injured or were inexperienced... but they have so many more players and are working extremely hard now. their spirits are better and i feel like they will go a long way this next season...good luck you guys!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas