• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW GOOD WAS MTN.PINE?

Started by boatboy, December 28, 2005, 11:38:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boatboy

December 28, 2005, 11:38:33 pm Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 11:40:35 pm by boatboy
COMING IN TO THE SEASON WE HAD HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR OURSELVES BECAUSE WE LOOKED GOOD IN THE SPRING AND WE HAD GOOD SR. LEADERSHIP. THIS SEASON WE LOST 3 GAMES BY 1 POINT(JESSIEVILLE,MT.IDA,AND OLA) AND ANOTHER BY 7(SPRINGHILL). AND IN THE SCRIMMAGE GAME DEIREKS BEAT US BY 1. WE ENDED UP 5-5 JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS. SO I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT THE PUBLIC THOUGHT OF US.

ronmexico

What happend against Magnet Cove? That game kept you out of the playoffs, didn't it?

snooplaw

No doubt the Red Devils were the hard luck team of '05, a break here or there and you guys could have easily been 8-2 or 9-1, I was impressed by you in our scrimmage, and thought you would do well this past season.  Playing in a tough league didn't help, but your team should be proud of your season, you were really a pretty darn good team.

monster_island

I was impressed with the intensity that Mountain Pine played with. The Mt. Ida game was an emotional rollercoaster. Some of the Pine players took the loss very hard. The emotion following the game was a tribute to Pine's desire to win.

mc

Magnet Cove knew the potential that Mt Pine had, after all that team won the district in Jr High when they were 9th graders, but we had a good gameplan.  We thought if we could contain Blees and run the ball effectively we would win.  We did just that

Coach Jones

Mt Pine never played a complete game.  It was always a great half.  Never put 2 halves together

RedDevil12

Quote from: Dicken's Road 4Life on January 04, 2006, 07:53:25 am
Mt Pine never played a complete game. It was always a great half. Never put 2 halves together

Yep

Fearless44

Mt.Pine was a really good team when they needed to be.  When they played us(Jessieville) they had their backs to the wall and really played a great football game.  They will be a great team next year and I am looking forward to playing them again!  Great season boys!

baller99

This year i was a senior for Mountain Pine. I played guard and Defense End. Everyone thought this was are year to shine and when we played dierks in the Scrimmage game we were looking good. The starter played first and beat them 13-7 and then 2nd string got in they won by 13-14. Our season had hard times for me and for all the rest of the Senior class. Lost 4 games by 1 point. That hard! The funniest game that i played for this year was Jessieville, it went right down to the last play and they won. Even tho i wish we could went to the playoffs, I couldn't ask for a better team then i had this year. They were my brothers. Good luck to the 11th and 10th next year and hope y'all make it to the playoffs.      Devils Pride #68

RedDevil12

boatboy

AR07

Now that I look back, I think Mt Pine was as good as Anthony Blees, which is why they could get the job done because he is great.  But if you stop him you stop them

Perry_Mc

No doubt he is a great athlete but he cant do it all by himself. He did keep the devils going when they needed to go though.

boatboy

thats what leaders are supposed to do

Stealth23

The Red Devils had a chance but just couldn't go on...But its alright because next year i might look at them for a sleeper in the Playoffs

boatboy

we have the potential to shock lots of people

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas