• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar at Cedarville

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, September 15, 2018, 02:51:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

Lamar 3-0. Cedarville 1-2 with losses to Mtnburg and Bigelow, a pair of 2A teams.
Always risky on the road, but on paper, at least, this one ought to be Lamar's.

xadboy

Coach said Cedarville is a good team. Not as good as Danville but being on the road should be a good test for us.

MICHAELSPAPPY

By the way, this game could be very important personally for Doc.

beach bum

It all comes down to if Cedarville can run the ball on Lamar at all. Last year Lamar was way bigger than Cedarville and won with ease because both teams like to pound it and play physical and Lamar was just simply physically superior. This years Cedarville team is not big by any means, but much bigger than they were last year. So if Cedarville can run a little I think this one will be a game where Cedarville stays competitive. If Lamar proves again to be the much more physical team it may be a long night. Lamar will be the bigger and more physical team, but we'll see just how much that gap is this week.

MICHAELSPAPPY

The Warriors looked pretty physical against Danville, even if a little rough at times.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I would think Doc has to be at least fairly happy with the team's performance. Clutch road win at Danville when we were a slight underdog. Solid wins in two games we should have won.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 15, 2018, 02:51:38 pm
Lamar 3-0. Cedarville 1-2 with losses to Mtnburg and Bigelow, a pair of 2A teams.
Always risky on the road, but on paper, at least, this one ought to be Lamar's.

Mountainburg and Bigelow are not push overs even though they are a 2a teams.  Cedarville isn't bad. They run well between the tackles.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 17, 2018, 08:13:52 am
Cedarville isn't bad. They run well between the tackles.

Exactly the sort of test the Warriors need right now. Find out where we are. We should have the kinks worked out now, so no excuses.

TheTruth2010

MICHAELSPAPPY

I hope you're right. I have seen several predictions that there is a gap between Lamar, then Cedarville and everyone else. I guess we'll find out. Easy to say. Harder to do.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Hootens has Lamar by 12. Hope so, but this is on the road.

DnA Prostaff

Cedarville has a big kid that plays linebacker and he runs the ball some too.  He is tough to bring down and runs the ball well between the tackles. I'm sure Coach has seen it on film and is prepared for it. However, even if you know something is coming, you still have to stop it.  I am saying Lamar by 14

macadoshis

On the road in the pouring rain more suited to Lamar or Cedarville?

jazdill

Lamar should have no trbl with the defensive scheme Cedarville is running.

beach bum

September 20, 2018, 09:38:29 pm #14 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:46:46 pm by beach bum
Quote from: macadoshis on September 20, 2018, 07:43:30 pm
On the road in the pouring rain more suited to Lamar or Cedarville?

The paper two weeks ago said Cedarville fumbled it 7 times against Bigelow and lost 4 of them in their last game in a 25-20 loss to Bigelow. Cedarville almost doubled them in total offense and still lost the game because of their apparent inability to hold on the ball in wet weather that night. Sounds like had it been dry with those stats Cedarville probably wins by 2 scores or so.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Evening thunderstorms. Could be a late night if we have delays.

beach bum

Quote from: jazdill on September 20, 2018, 09:37:13 pm
Lamar should have no trbl with the defensive scheme Cedarville is running.

There are 3 quarters to get it turned around, but Lamar has yet to score.

Clara Allen

TheTruth2010

Quote from: beach bum on September 21, 2018, 07:33:14 pm

There are 3 quarters to get it turned around, but Lamar has yet to score.
Looks like they got it turned around.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas