• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jobs Coming Open

Started by reggiebushfan, February 12, 2013, 09:50:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: Bwana on May 31, 2013, 02:00:45 pm
She took a job at ECS..
wow. Not really an upgrade, and staying in the same conference. Weird.

rheddhoss

Bald Knob is in Rose Bud, Riverview, Harding Academy and Barton. Episcopal is not in that conference.

thefan

Im sure it has more to do with being closer to home then the school.

NEASPORTSFAN

Episcopal was in that conference for many years. Who are they with now?

Bwana

ECS is with 3a-2 in football, golf and 3a-5 in basketball, baseball..

Sportsfan302

Who did Bald Knob hire?  Anyone yet?

3A-2 Fan

Quote from: Sportsfan302 on June 17, 2013, 11:53:49 am
Who did Bald Knob hire?  Anyone yet?

Katie Cooper (head junior high coach at Searcy)

Sportsfan302

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldog42 on May 14, 2013, 01:22:34 pm
Quote from: Harrybear on May 14, 2013, 12:55:31 pm
Any single "A" schools around Harrison coming open?
I believe right now they are all full.  Haven't heard of any openings and I work with guys that have kids in almost all the "A" schools in the area.

Kingston Girls is open..

Quote from: HF on June 19, 2013, 10:47:24 pm
I believe right now they are all full.  Haven't heard of any openings and I work with guys that have kids in almost all the "A" schools in the area.

Kingston Girls is open..

I've heard it has been offered to Pat Summers of Lead Hill, strictly rumor, no confirmation on my end

valleytiger

Quote from: 24 on June 21, 2013, 03:23:43 pm

Kingston Girls is open..

I've heard it has been offered to Pat Summers of Lead Hill, strictly rumor, no confirmation on my end
[/quot

Good Coaches are hard to find and harder to keep.....I heard they offered to Summers today from a good source.

Baller Fan35

I hear Riverview Boys will be open again shortly...an official announcement is yet to be made, but it's pretty much a done deal unless Cude changes his mind.  He's yet to inform the school though.

Basketballfan13

Cude does a great job, I'd hate for him to leave there but I know he is making the move for his family...have to respect someone who puts his family first.

bulldog42

The Lead Hill Girls job is open

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 24 on June 21, 2013, 03:23:43 pm

Kingston Girls is open..

Summers took it which leaves the Lead Hill Job open...but I think it has the softball job tied into it as well, or could anyway...

FreeMoney

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 23, 2013, 04:59:54 pm
Cude does a great job, I'd hate for him to leave there but I know he is making the move for his family...have to respect someone who puts his family first.
Will Riverview ever get anybody to stay there for any length of time???

coach_r

Who is the Super. at Lead Hill now?

bulldog42

mockingJ

So.... Lead hill girls
Benton boys
Carlisle boys
Riverview boys

no mascot

There doesn't seem to be much movement within the coaching ranks this summer...

neds

Quote from: no mascot on July 08, 2013, 02:52:09 pm
There doesn't seem to be much movement within the coaching ranks this summer...

Getting close to the summer start in Aug. , I would expect all to be filled in the next 2 weeks

future_coach®

Eureka Springs is currently looking for a head Sr girls basketball coach. Other sport may be softball. Certification needs to be PE/Health. PM me if interested. Serious inquires only please.

thefan

bulldog42

Lead Hill hired Rocky Dodson for their girls coaching position.

coach_r

Where was Rocky Dodson at?

reggiebushfan

So they traded in a dude named after one Stallone movie for another?

bulldog42

Quote from: coach_r on July 16, 2013, 12:29:01 pm
Where was Rocky Dodson at?
He was at Cotter prior to last year and did not coach anywhere last year

FreeMoney

Good coach and person. Lucky to have him

Sportsfan302

Why did he lay out a year?  What happened at Cotter?

somecoach...

seems to always be some last minute movements before school starts.... any movements out there?

WHITEchicken

I heard Eldorado had a girls job open....not sure about it though

somecoach...

ok, Im not sure why but it always comes down to the first week of school and some jobs open up for whatever reason.

coolcatdaddy

What is actually open at this point?

somecoach...

Any rumors of anyone getting the boot mid season?  Seems to happen a few times a yr.

No Name

Anyone stepping down after this year anywhere?

somecoach...

December 02, 2013, 04:48:47 pm #185 Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:59:31 am by somecoach...

somecoach...

December 11, 2013, 10:00:09 am #186 Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:50:04 am by somecoach...
Good friend of mine is a mid term grad (december) in health/p.e./ coaching certified that will soon be looking for a job.  An assistant job or smaller class head job in either basketball or baseball/softball probably.  Any one know of anything that may be open mid year??? (I realize not many come open mid yr but im just trying to help him out)

OldTimeCager

It's time for the coaches jobs to start popping.  AAA has three BB jobs listed.

Dumas - boys
Hughes - boys
Blevins - girls

What's the scoop on these jobs?

HorseFeathers

Blevins girls was pretty bad this year....

Hughes won a state title 5? years ago....Usually pretty solid....AND they drop down to 1A next year, but then again the top of 1A can usually go toe-to-toe with the top of 2A....and they'll be in the same conference as one of the most dominant teams in 1A(Bay)....

OldTimeCager

Geez, just looked at the conference on Google maps.  That's a brutal conference road schedule if you are in Hughes.  Bay is closest game at 1 hour 15 minutes.  All conference games are about 2 hour drive or more.

OldTimeCager

Quote from: HF on February 18, 2014, 10:00:13 pm

Wow!  Just looked at maxpreps and it looks like Blevins girls are losing by 40, 50 and 60 points per game.  Ouch!  Anyone know what their Jr. High girls look like?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: OldTimeCager on February 19, 2014, 09:19:04 am

Wow!  Just looked at maxpreps and it looks like Blevins girls are losing by 40, 50 and 60 points per game.  Ouch!  Anyone know what their Jr. High girls look like?
I don't believe there is a whole lot coming up with the younger age groups either. It will be a tough job, they haven't been successful in a long time. Someone will have to be willing to put in a few years of hard work to even get them back to a competitive level again.

bulldog42

The Yellville boys job is going to be open.  It was in the Baxter Bulletin that Wallace is retiring.

Sportsfan302

If it was the BB then it's probably actually a girls job at Flippin, they don't usually get their stories right

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on February 19, 2014, 09:23:32 am

I don't believe there is a whole lot coming up with the younger age groups either. It will be a tough job, they haven't been successful in a long time. Someone will have to be willing to put in a few years of hard work to even get them back to a competitive level again.

08 I believe they made state....Lost in the Region finals at Guy at Poyen that year...Might have been 09. I'll always remember that game, cause there was a "fan" from Poyen yelling so loudly that they could probably hear him on the other end of the gym, "Make them go Left, They'll give the ball to you, they can't go left...over and over..." Even after Blevins drilled a few threes after going left....

Basketballfan13

Quote from: HF on February 19, 2014, 09:15:03 pm
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on February 19, 2014, 09:23:32 am

08 I believe they made state....Lost in the Region finals at Guy at Poyen that year...Might have been 09. I'll always remember that game, cause there was a "fan" from Poyen yelling so loudly that they could probably hear him on the other end of the gym, "Make them go Left, They'll give the ball to you, they can't go left...over and over..." Even after Blevins drilled a few threes after going left....
I believe it was the 08-09 season, if I remember right the next year Blevins best post player and guard both moved to Bradley and it was all down hill from there!

Oldref

Hughes won a state title 5? years ago....Usually pretty solid....AND they drop down to 1A next year, but then again the top of 1A can usually go toe-to-toe with the top of 2A....and they'll be in the same conference as one of the most dominant teams in 1A(Bay)....
I was told over the weekend that Hughes is having all kinds of issues both financial and student numbers. They were only AA in the past because they had football. They no longer have football and that is why they have moved to 1A this cycle. They have been close to the 350 number and may not make it much longer because of that and finances. Sad....lots of good teams there over the past years.

HorseFeathers

Hughes went under the 350 number in 2012-13, they went back above it in 2013-14....Can't tell you about the financial issues...might check into it tomorrow if I get bored(Happens often lol)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas