• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Standings as of 01/09/19

Started by Gray lizard, January 09, 2019, 10:50:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Boys
                                   Conf                 Over all
Dardanelle                    4-1                   14-2
Pottsville                      4-1                    13-3
Ozark                           3-2                    10-6
Subiaco                        2-2                    10-5
Morriliton                      2-3                    8-9
Clarksville                     2-3                    5-12
Heber Springs               1-3                     6-10
Dover                           1-4                     8-9

Gray lizard

Girls
                                   Conf                    Over all
Clarksville                     5-0                     16-4
Pottsville                       4-1                      9-7
Morriliton                       3-2                     12-5
Heber Springs                1-2                      8-6
Ozark                            1-3                      8-10
Dover                            1-3                      8-9
Dardanelle                     0-3                      6-8

athletic supporter

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 09, 2019, 10:50:22 am
Boys
                                   Conf                 Over all
Dardanelle                    4-1                   14-2
Pottsville                      4-1                    13-3
Ozark                           3-2                    10-6
Subiaco                        2-2                    10-5
Morriliton                      2-3                    8-9
Clarksville                     2-3                    5-12
Heber Springs               1-3                     6-10
Dover                           1-4                     8-9

Dover's lone conference win was @ Morrilton 😳

(((Subi2Sweet)))

So far this has been a conference season full of parity. When I first saw Mo-Town joining the 4-4A I thought they would run away with it or at least Pottsville and them would be at the top.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Interesting game tonight with Ozark @ Dardanelle. I think this is the 3rd time they have played. 

Livewire

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on January 09, 2019, 12:26:53 pm
So far this has been a conference season full of parity. When I first saw Mo-Town joining the 4-4A I thought they would run away with it or at least Pottsville and them would be at the top.
It would appear that your first thoughts were correct.

friscokid

DFL (Dover Found Last).  :-\ I figured this would be a tough district for them, although at least they're in some games.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: friscokid on January 11, 2019, 01:38:43 pm
DFL (Dover Found Last).  :-\ I figured this would be a tough district for them, although at least they're in some games.
Dover is an alright team from what I saw Tuesday at Subi. #2 and #10 are tough opponents if they get going. I can see how on a good night they could beat most teams in the conference.

Gray lizard

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on January 11, 2019, 01:03:02 pm
Interesting game tonight with Ozark @ Dardanelle. I think this is the 3rd time they have played.
I saw that Dardanelle has won prior two games and Maxpreps has Ozark favored in this game at Dardanelle.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 11, 2019, 03:19:22 pm
I saw that Dardanelle has won prior two games and Maxpreps has Ozark favored in this game at Dardanelle.

Maxpreps picks games? Or are you going by their state rankings?

Gray lizard

If you click on the game preview they have a chart that shows point expected in each teams color. Also shows common teams played and scores.  Fun to look at but we all know anything can happen on a given night in high school basketball.

The Coach

Dardanelle won the Girls game vs Ozark 47-30 I believe, and Dardanelle won the boys game 34-29.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: The Coach on January 11, 2019, 09:19:02 pm
Dardanelle won the Girls game vs Ozark 47-30 I believe, and Dardanelle won the boys game 34-29.
Wow, low scoring game for boys, but Dardy may be starting to convince the naysayers.

HorseFeathers

Don't have a score....but Dover upset pottsville

Sigmund Sauer

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 11, 2019, 10:56:44 pm
53-52

Used my noggin and checked Dovers Twitter account....Loveless with the buzzer beater for the pirates...

Sigmund Sauer

January 11, 2019, 11:13:48 pm #16 Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:33:59 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 11, 2019, 10:57:26 pm
Used my noggin and checked Dovers Twitter account....Loveless with the buzzer beater for the pirates...
Dardy went to Dover and took care of business easily last week. Just can't make much sense of anything at this point. Turning into a well matched conf. Pirates also beat Morrilton.  Maybe the Pirates are the up and coming conf. sleeper?

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Morrilton beat Subi 59-52.
In the 2nd quarter, we had a player go down with an apparent knee injury. Morrilton's coach came out on to the floor to check on our player and helped our coach get him to the bench. After they got him to the bench Subi used a full timeout, the Morrilton coach called a 30 immediately after the full timeout. He is a class act in my book. After the game, he came over and talked to the injured player twice, along with several Morrilton fans. It was touching and a nice gesture.

athletic supporter

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on January 12, 2019, 01:51:08 pm
Morrilton beat Subi 59-52.
In the 2nd quarter, we had a player go down with an apparent knee injury. Morrilton's coach came out on to the floor to check on our player and helped our coach get him to the bench. After they got him to the bench Subi used a full timeout, the Morrilton coach called a 30 immediately after the full timeout. He is a class act in my book. After the game, he came over and talked to the injured player twice, along with several Morrilton fans. It was touching and a nice gesture.

I don't know the Morrilton coach personally. It have heard from a good friend who coaches in the SCCSD that he is salt of the earth

Sigmund Sauer

January 12, 2019, 09:21:02 pm #19 Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:08:02 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: athletic supporter on January 12, 2019, 07:12:16 pm
I don't know the Morrilton coach personally. It have heard from a good friend who coaches in the SCCSD that he is salt of the earth
Everyone speaks highly of him, it's the girl's coach that we tend to hear negativity about.

HorseFeathers

Dardanelle wins the Yell County Invitational tobight

Gray lizard

It will be a big game when Dardanelle comes to Pottsville tomorrow night.  Dardanelle has stacked up a lot of wins.  I did not get to go to the Dover game Friday.  Hope Pottsville shoots well at home.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas