• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about State

Started by MelB, April 26, 2013, 02:01:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MelB

Josh finished 1st in the 400m, 3rd in the 200m and 4th in the 100m at the 5A South Conference meet last night. 

Does everyone that places at conference go to state or just a certain amount of the top finishers?  I've had a brain cramp and can't remember.

AT

Quote from: MelB on April 26, 2013, 02:01:41 pm
Josh finished 1st in the 400m, 3rd in the 200m and 4th in the 100m at the 5A South Conference meet last night. 

Does everyone that places at conference go to state or just a certain amount of the top finishers?  I've had a brain cramp and can't remember.

Top 4 in each event for 5A. Josh will be able to run the 400, 200, and 100 if he chooses.

MelB

Thanks so much.  That was what I was thinking.  Since they only ran the one meet in Monticello before conference he didn't have much of a chance to make it. 

That 100 bites him in the butt out of the blocks.  He catches and begins to pass the others in the last 20m or so.  If he had someone who could work with him on his out of the block technique I'm sure he could shave almost a second off his time.

He won the 400 by about 10m or so with his pb of 50.18.  Now blow you out of the water time and he said he could have ran faster.  As long as he gets a good lane at state I look for him to do good things.

By the time he got to the 200m he wasn't feeling very well.  He has a bad case of some kind of stomach thing today, throwing up with a headache and back pain which started in the wee hours of the night.

He will run all three at state.

sevenof400

Though it is rare not too, there is no requirement for a runner to use blocks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas