• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stadium Renovations at Mills

Started by UncleRico, April 18, 2016, 09:59:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleRico

April 18, 2016, 09:59:07 am Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:07:40 pm by UncleRico
A Bulldozer was on the football field this morning. They're getting turf, new track, new bleachers, new press box, and a new scoreboard! Suppose to be done with it all in July.

The_Pioneer

I just knew this post would read, a bulldozer ran into Mills stadium this morning and did a million dollars of improvements.

tmycjy

Got any pictures of the renovations

AirWarren

millsalum14

The Mills Alumni Association has pictures of the renovations on their Facebook page. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/mushsaa/

Also worth noting: in addition to a completely renovated stadium, a new field house/indoor facility with a 50 yard turf field is also being built. The new baseball field will have a turf infield and will be adjacent to the football stadium.

MDXPHD

BigLion10

Overdahill

Maynard G Krebs

sevenof400

On a serious note, where is the money source for these improvements?  PCSSD isn't exactly cash flush these days (or so I thought....) 

AirWarren

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 30, 2016, 08:20:45 pm
On a serious note, where is the money source for these improvements?  PCSSD isn't exactly cash flush these days (or so I thought....) 

Mills is now in academic distress too.

http://mills.pcssd.org/mills-academic-distress-2016

blue4hire

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 30, 2016, 08:20:45 pm
This is the last of the deseg money that is renovating the athletic facilities, turning the high school into a middle school and building a brand new high school. This is the attempt to gain unitary status in the federal courts in the area of facilities. BTW, it's the same reason PCSSD let Jax go so easily, the facilities were terrible and now the county doesn't have to fix them or have them count against the court ruling. There are just a few areas the county is lacking in unitary status, until this all areas are met, there will be no Sherwood or Maumelle school districts per federal court order.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: blue4hire on July 31, 2016, 10:15:06 am
This is the last of the deseg money that is renovating the athletic facilities, turning the high school into a middle school and building a brand new high school. This is the attempt to gain unitary status in the federal courts in the area of facilities. BTW, it's the same reason PCSSD let Jax go so easily, the facilities were terrible and now the county doesn't have to fix them or have them count against the court ruling. There are just a few areas the county is lacking in unitary status, until this all areas are met, there will be no Sherwood or Maumelle school districts per federal court order.

And I'm longing for that day.  Then we can finally get visitor bleachers and we can finish the on-campus baseball and softball fields.

Chief_Osceola™

GuvHog

Quote from: blue4hire on July 31, 2016, 10:15:06 am

I sense an appeal to an Appellate court coming.

tmycjy

Overdahill

Quote from: tmycjy on August 01, 2016, 07:03:26 pm
Got any pictures of it

from Millsalum posted earlier

The Mills Alumni Association has pictures of the renovations on their Facebook page. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/mushsaa/

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 01, 2016, 04:02:33 pm
And I'm longing for that day.  Then we can finally get visitor bleachers and we can finish the on-campus baseball and softball fields.

Maumelle and Sherwood must break away.

millsalum14

https://www.facebook.com/mushsaa/posts/1612595262367200

The new scoreboard has arrived (the link above will let you see it.) The field itself is complete, and the only things left are the bleachers, track, and long jump/pole vault surfacing. First game in the new stadium will be September 9th.

Mills and Joe T. Robinson will also be getting a luxury that no other Little Rock public school has: an indoor facility. Groundbreaking for the Mills facility is set to begin next month.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas