• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Division 1 recruits

Started by PA Dad, February 03, 2016, 02:54:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

There has been a lot of talk about D-1 athletes on this board this year.  I thought it would be enlightening for each of us to list the D-1 athletes this year from our schools.  Here is PA's:

Robert Ator – Air Force (DE)
Tre Bruce – Army (athlete)
Caden Haws – BYU (center)
Justin Cherette – Old Miss (played DB at PA but was recruited as a PK)

PA also had:

Zack Kelly – OBU
Corbin Witham – SAU

I wonder if any other school had that many players going on to play college ball next year.

WPWells

PA Dad

WPWells

I saw a list of seven signing on Twitter. None of them were signing D1 though

Intelligentsia

Two Pioneers signed today (I'm not sure any others have signed):
Dillon Daniels TE. Austin Peay D-I (FCS)
Chris Robinson, WR/Safety? UAPB D-1 (FCS)

Couple of very bright and outstanding young men! 

ricepig

Quote from: PA Dad on February 03, 2016, 02:54:16 pm
There has been a lot of talk about D-1 athletes on this board this year.  I thought it would be enlightening for each of us to list the D-1 athletes this year from our schools.  Here is PA's:

PA also had:

Zack Kelly – OBU
Corbin Witham – SAU

I wonder if any other school had that many players going on to play college ball next year.

The PK isn't listed on OM's signees on the recruiting services, walk on?

Chief-Chickasaw

February 04, 2016, 09:14:13 am #6 Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:55:39 am by Chief-Chickasaw
Blytheville has a bunch
D1
Eastern Illionis-    DB/WR Jordan Jackson
D2
Ouachita Baptist-  OT       Josh Plunkett
JUCO
Arkansas Baptist- Ath.      Terry Northern
                         LB/WR  Timarcus Bohannon
                         WR/K    Waltarius Daniels
                         WR/S    Tyrel King
                         DE/FB    D'Arik Haley

Offered but undecided DB Henry Lucas (Henre Toliver plays DB for the Hogs sorry lol), DL DerJay Jackson
Has football offers but is waiting on basketball before making a decision WR/S Issac Kelly

PA Dad

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2016, 08:48:10 am

PA also had:

Zack Kelly – OBU
Corbin Witham – SAU

The PK isn't listed on OM's signees on the recruiting services, walk on?

I thought he got a scholarship, but I may be wrong.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on February 03, 2016, 10:47:02 pm

And I thought Batesville had no D-1 talent!

Congrats to those young men.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on February 04, 2016, 09:14:13 am
Blytheville has a bunch
D1
D2
JUCO
                         LB/WR  Timarcus Bohannon
                         WR/S    Tyrel King
                         DE/FB    D'Arik Haley

Offered but undecided DB Henry Toliver, DL DerJay Jackson
Has football offers but is waiting on basketball before making a decision WR/S Issac Kelly

That's impressive.  No mystery why Blytheville had such a good season.

OB11

Quote from: PA Dad on February 04, 2016, 10:12:08 am
Blytheville has a bunch
D1
D2
JUCO
                         LB/WR  Timarcus Bohannon
                         WR/S    Tyrel King
                         DE/FB    D'Arik Haley

I don't know Blytheville's coach personally but have heard a lot of good things about him.  I'd be willing to bet he really worked hard for these kids and contacted college coaches so they would have a shot at playing at the next level.  Congrats to them!

Missco

He did. Ben is a great coach and cares deeply for his player's.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on February 04, 2016, 10:18:12 am
Quote from: PA Dad on February 04, 2016, 10:12:08 am
Blytheville has a bunch
D1
D2
JUCO
                         LB/WR  Timarcus Bohannon
                         WR/S    Tyrel King
                         DE/FB    D'Arik Haley

I don't know Blytheville's coach personally but have heard a lot of good things about him.  I'd be willing to bet he really worked hard for these kids and contacted college coaches so they would have a shot at playing at the next level.  Congrats to them!
Whole hartedly Coach Fisher and the staff love these boys, we should have a D-1 kid in RB Demekko Clark in 2017 and a few sleepers like LB/RB Malik Smith 6-2 215 and would start at RB at 90% of schools just has a freak playing with him.  2018 has probably our biggest recruit in OL Larry Clark had 60+ pancakes as a 10th grader this kid will be heavily recruited, the 2018 class has several college level kids in it with Sleepers in LB Corey Chun and OL Josh Clay.

Chief_Osceola™

February 04, 2016, 01:52:55 pm #13 Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:19:22 pm by Chief_Osceola™
I think we had 5 or 6 at Maumelle.  OT Tyler Hall is going to Arkansas as a preferred walk-on, WR DJ Johnson signed with UAM, LB Dekalen Lambert signed with Fond du Lac CC (juco), WR/FS Peyton Stevens is going to Houston as a preferred walk-on, and I think RB/WR Gabe Jones and RB Jacob Acklin have signed or will sign, I'm just not sure where.

PA Dad

It's pretty impressive that 5A had so many players going to play on Saturday, and I'm sure there are many more that we don't know about.

Chief_Osceola™

LR Christian had 3 I think sign with D1 schools.

Crockett signed with Mizzou, Hampton signed with UCA, and their center signed with Arkansas.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on February 04, 2016, 10:11:08 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on February 03, 2016, 10:47:02 pm

And I thought Batesville had no D-1 talent!

Congrats to those young men.

They were on my D-1 watch list.  We have a couple more that might FCS schools next year, and one who may go major college a WR 6'3" 4.66 40, with great hands and great routes.  If he stays healthy and keeps his head screwed on straight, he could have a very big year for the Pioneers!!

the voice

February 05, 2016, 08:43:54 am #17 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:02:26 am by the voice
Isn't Arkansas Baptist a non scholarship school? I think its maybe academic scholarships only and the coaches try and get players ready for transfer to other schools to play. That was what one of their coaches told me a couple of years ago at a camp. Its like or is a junior college I'm pretty sure. I think its great the boys in the state have an opportunity to continue playing if they choose to.

Also I went to the signing of Morriltons Jordan Toland to attend Harding University. To my knowledge the only player from last years team to play college.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: the voice on February 05, 2016, 08:43:54 am
Isn't Arkansas Baptist a non scholarship school? I think its maybe academic scholarships only and the coaches try and get players ready for transfer to other schools to play. That was what one of their coaches told me a couple of years ago at a camp. Its like or is a junior college I'm pretty sure. I think its great the boys in the state have an opportunity to continue playing if they choose to.
Yeah it's a JUCO.  I'm just happy our boys are going somewhere.  They are very good players they just have to get a few things in order.  If they go work hard and take care of business they have bigger things in their future. 

the voice

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on February 05, 2016, 08:50:13 am
Quote from: the voice on February 05, 2016, 08:43:54 am
Yeah it's a JUCO.  I'm just happy our boys are going somewhere.  They are very good players they just have to get a few things in order.  If they go work hard and take care of business they have bigger things in their future. 

Thanks much ! congrats to all !

RamFan06

Lakeside had 3 total sign, 1 D1.

Mo Bradford   Cornell
Colt Housley   Henderson
Kennedy King  Hendrix

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on February 05, 2016, 11:41:50 am
Lakeside had 3 total sign, 1 D1.

Mo Bradford   Cornell
Colt Housley   Henderson
Kennedy King  Hendrix

I don't know how good they are as players, but they're obviously smart if they're going to Cornell and Hendrix!

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 04, 2016, 01:52:55 pm
I think we had 5 or 6 at Maumelle.  OT Tyler Hall is going to Arkansas as a preferred walk-on, WR DJ Johnson signed with UAM, LB Dekalen Lambert signed with Fond du Lac CC (juco), WR/FS Peyton Stevens is going to Houston as a preferred walk-on, and I think RB/WR Gabe Jones and RB Jacob Acklin have signed or will sign, I'm just not sure where.

Welcome aboard DJ

Go weevils!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on February 05, 2016, 01:15:36 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 04, 2016, 01:52:55 pm

Welcome aboard DJ

Go weevils!

Jacob Acklin may end up there as well.  I know he took a visit there, along with Akron, GA Southern, and maybe Eastern Michigan?

airitout

the AAA site has PA at 301 students which is 200 less than the smallest 5A school not playing up (Morrilton 502).  yet they have as many or more D1 kids as the "big" schools in the state...nothing here to see people, just keep moving.

PA also had:

Zack Kelly – OBU
Corbin Witham – SAU

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas