• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way too early top 10

Started by PA Dad, December 23, 2015, 10:40:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

December 23, 2015, 10:40:38 pm Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:49:23 pm by PA Dad
I know the season has just concluded .  But I thought it would be fun to predict our top 10 for next year.

Here's mine:

1.  PA -  until someone beats them
2.  Mc Clellan -  young team which will probably be better next year.
3.  Batesville -  always top 4.
4.   Alma- based on Trackster's analysis, which is always good
5.   Wynne - always a contender.  Young this year and may be formidable next year
6.   Morrilton - gave McClellan a great game
7.  LRC- great coaching staff will have them in contention
8.  Lakeside - not sure who they have coming back, but great year
9.  Hope - just because they have such confidence
10.  Blytheville -  probably much better than 10 with Clark returning.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on December 23, 2015, 10:40:38 pm
I know the season has just concluded .  But I thought it would be fun to predict our top 10 for next year.

Here's mine:

5.   Wynne - always a contender.  Young this year and may be formidable next year

I'd put Batesville at #2 (of course:), and would move Blytheville to 6 and scoot the other down a spot.  Otherwise, a fair projection.  The East should have 3 very real contenders next year. 

the voice

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 24, 2015, 02:23:25 am

Here's mine:

I'd put Batesville at #2 (of course:), and would move Blytheville to 6 and scoot the other down a spot.  Otherwise, a fair projection.  The East should have 3 very real contenders next year. 

Ha ha move the west down for all the east teams , yeah I was kinda thinking I'd had them ahead of Wynne anyway , after all in common opponents the score was the same and most agree later in season teams play better. So in my opinion I think we were better than Wynne, ha , I'll no doubt hear about that from my buddies and relatives there.

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on December 24, 2015, 06:48:00 am

Here's mine:

Ha ha move the west down for all the east teams , yeah I was kinda thinking I'd had them ahead of Wynne anyway , after all in common opponents the score was the same and most agree later in season teams play better. So in my opinion I think we were better than Wynne, ha , I'll no doubt hear about that from my buddies and relatives there.

So you would put Morrilton at 5?  What about the other teams?  Did I miss a team that obviously should be in the top 10?

Grond

Here's mine:

As far as the 5A East, I agree with the teams, but at different spots:

#3. Blytheville - This may be THE team in the East: Smarts + talent + work. Their experience at Hope in November will leave this team HIGHLY MOTIVATED.

#5. Batesville - Possibly the best coaching staff in the state. Not sure they have the talent to win the conference, although Batesville always has the Best Group Talent of any team in the conference. (I better shut-up before I talk myself into moving Batesville back to #3....  :-[)

#9 Wynne - I like their move to the Flexbone offense, but Wynne didn't seem to improve throughout the season like I thought they would. The Wynne Jr. High ran the Flexbone very well,and will put pressure on the juniors and seniors to get better.

For Wynne to win the conference, they must do two things:

A) Improve o-line technique. Pulling o-linemen did a bad job of picking targets once they passed the run gap; this meant PA and Batesville LB's simply moved out of the way of the linemen, then attacked from the side to stop the RB. If the Wynne o-line coach doesn't figure this out, Wynne will be 3rd again.

B) SOME passing game. The Flexbone is mainly a run offense, but you have to be capable of a moderate passing game to compete for a conference title.

Gonna be interesting!  ;D

And shouldn't LRC be moved up?

the voice

Quote from: PA Dad on December 24, 2015, 11:17:08 am

Here's mine:

So you would put Morrilton at 5?  What about the other teams?  Did I miss a team that obviously should be in the top 10?

No dad it's your poll, I'm fine with it. My ties to Wynne will give me heck over it , my comments were because an east poster wanted Blytheville where Morrilton was and Morrilton moved down ,  I found it funny.

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on December 24, 2015, 01:10:03 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on December 24, 2015, 11:17:08 am

Here's mine:

No dad it's your poll, I'm fine with it. My ties to Wynne will give me heck over it , my comments were because an east poster wanted Blytheville where Morrilton was and Morrilton moved down ,  I found it funny.

I'd like to see everyone's top 10.  It's always fun to look back and see how wrong we were!

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on December 24, 2015, 12:53:31 pm

Here's mine:

As far as the 5A East, I agree with the teams, but at different spots:

#3. Blytheville - This may be THE team in the East: Smarts + talent + work. Their experience at Hope in November will leave this team HIGHLY MOTIVATED.

#5. Batesville - Possibly the best coaching staff in the state. Not sure they have the talent to win the conference, although Batesville always has the Best Group Talent of any team in the conference. (I better shut-up before I talk myself into moving Batesville back to #3....  :-[)

#9 Wynne - I like their move to the Flexbone offense, but Wynne didn't seem to improve throughout the season like I thought they would. The Wynne Jr. High ran the Flexbone very well,and will put pressure on the juniors and seniors to get better.

For Wynne to win the conference, they must do two things:

A) Improve o-line technique. Pulling o-linemen did a bad job of picking targets once they passed the run gap; this meant PA and Batesville LB's simply moved out of the way of the linemen, then attacked from the side to stop the RB. If the Wynne o-line coach doesn't figure this out, Wynne will be 3rd again.

B) SOME passing game. The Flexbone is mainly a run offense, but you have to be capable of a moderate passing game to compete for a conference title.

Gonna be interesting!  ;D

And shouldn't LRC be moved up?

You may well be right about the East, but it's hard for me not to put Batesville first.  But, I agree that I probably have Blytheville ranked too low.

I don't know about LRC.  They lost 25 seniors including a lot of their skill players.

The Future

Looks good PADad. The only thing I'd change would be Alma over Batesville

GuvHog

December 26, 2015, 05:16:24 pm #9 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:28:32 pm by GuvHog
It's way to early all right but I'll give it a shot:

3.  Alma -  always top 4
4.   Wynne - Always a contender
5.   Batesville - I still believe they aren't as good as some think.
6.   Morrilton - Did very well this year
9.  Hope - How good are they without Agim?
10.  WC - A lot of starters returning including the QB and a new DC

PA Dad

December 26, 2015, 06:35:19 pm #10 Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:54:02 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: GuvHog on December 26, 2015, 05:16:24 pm

3.  Batesville -  always top 4.Alma

I assume you mean Alma 3rd and Batesville 5th?

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on December 26, 2015, 06:35:19 pm

s

Batesville would be number one on his list if they played at home every game.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 26, 2015, 07:41:35 pm

s

Dang refs!

Chip

Chip

heres the rest of my post, hit the wrong button!
1. PA
2. Alma
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. LRC
6. McClellan
7. Blytheville
8. Hope
9. Lakeside
10. Watson Chapel

the voice

Quote from: Chip on December 28, 2015, 01:52:41 pm
heres the rest of my post, hit the wrong button!
1. PA
2. Alma
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. LRC
6. McClellan
7. Blytheville
8. Hope
9. Lakeside
10. Watson Chapel

Dang Chip , that's disappointing , no love for devil dogs, they were better than you think and will be next year.

FD4

Voice, I would likely slip Lakeside to 10 and put the Devil Dogs in at 9 while leaving WC on the outside looking in, a dangerous place to be for a spoiler.

the voice

I agree it's dangerous to be a spoiler , that was chips poll, I had to rib him about a little.

Yellowcake

LRC had 25 seniors. They lose everyone. They will get slapped around by any good teams they play. Not a top ten contender, in my humble opinion.

GuvHog

February 22, 2016, 03:27:24 pm #19 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:29:09 pm by GuvHog

Yeah. Misprint.

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 26, 2015, 07:41:35 pm
s

I do indeed still believe WC had a better team than Batesville in 2015. Unfortunately the Wildcats left everything on the field in their close loss to Lakeside and had nothing left the rest of the way. They were still the best team in their first round playoff game against Batesville even though they didn't win it.

Chin Music

Quote from: Yellowcake on January 07, 2016, 10:23:51 pm
LRC had 25 seniors. They lose everyone. They will get slapped around by any good teams they play. Not a top ten contender, in my humble opinion.

Yes, LRCA lost a ton and their current junior class is not very deep at all.  They will be forced to rely on a very talented group that will be sophomores.  That group has promise, but I don't see it next year.  I would not have them in my Top 10.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chin Music on February 23, 2016, 12:48:56 pm
Yes, LRCA lost a ton and their current junior class is not very deep at all.  They will be forced to rely on a very talented group that will be sophomores.  That group has promise, but I don't see it next year.  I would not have them in my Top 10.

You may well be right.  I know very little about what the teams will look like next year.  My top ten was really based on 2015 performance and the quality and traditions of the programs.  I suspect the final top 10 in 2016 won't look like my guesses here at all.

FD4

Being an Eastie, I agree on putting Batesville at the top over here.  Sort of like PA, until someone in the East steps up and knocks them off.  As for Wynne, Certainly #3 or better, but dont count out the Chicks either.  All they have to do is better the line technique and you have a beast to contend with.  Wynne will have a very much imporved run game.  We enter the season with a veteran backfield that will likely set school records for single season and career rushing by one of our RB's.  QB will be much improved, and I personally look to see a lot of what I like to see, traps and dives until your sucked in, then wide open passing to a couple of the best receivers in the East. But, we have to wait and see how spring goes.  Right now as the East goes....1. Batesville
2. Wynne, 3. Blytheville, 4. Forrest City.   I think Dad has the state thing pretty well pictured as of now.

PA Dad

The East will certainly be very interesting to watch this year.

No one has Camden Fairview in contention.  Are they really that far down?  The have been perennial contenders for years.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: FD4 on March 28, 2016, 04:11:45 pm
Being an Eastie, I agree on putting Batesville at the top over here.  Sort of like PA, until someone in the East steps up and knocks them off.  As for Wynne, Certainly #3 or better, but dont count out the Chicks either.  All they have to do is better the line technique and you have a beast to contend with.  Wynne will have a very much imporved run game.  We enter the season with a veteran backfield that will likely set school records for single season and career rushing by one of our RB's.  QB will be much improved, and I personally look to see a lot of what I like to see, traps and dives until your sucked in, then wide open passing to a couple of the best receivers in the East. But, we have to wait and see how spring goes.  Right now as the East goes....1. Batesville
2. Wynne, 3. Blytheville, 4. Forrest City.   I think Dad has the state thing pretty well pictured as of now.
Blytheville's line should be way better they were mostly 10th graders last year.  It will be lead by Larry Clark 6-5 280 class of 2018 getting interest from Ark, Bama, FSU, Tenn, Kansas, Oklahoma, and LSU have all contacted him. He was offered by UCA as a 9th grader.  Demekko Clark the RB is a freak went to the Nike Opening in Dallas and finished 3rd he is currently 14th in the country. I just watched a video of him easily benching 225 19 times. Crazy.  Blytheville lost a lot of skill guys last year but luckily we have a abundance of those here in Blytheville and it won't matter much it will be a lot of hand the ball to Clark and run behind Clark (not related lol)

Chief-Chickasaw

I personally think Blytheville will be the number two team in the East this year no 3-way tie this year.  I figure we will beat Wynne at home but lose at Batesville.  Batesville seems to have Wynne's number the past two years so I think Batesville beats Wynne.  I figure it will be 1. Batesville, 2. Chicks, 3. Wynne, 4. Forest City or Valley View who will be a lot better.

FD4

You could be right Chick. Blytheville has never been short on athletes. The coaching staff is pretty salty up there as well.  Got to get that good old discipline thing in place though.  Sounds like the weight program is getting through to the guys as well.  For a Yellowjacket fan, I do hope your wrong, in a nice way.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: FD4 on April 05, 2016, 03:31:08 pm
You could be right Chick. Blytheville has never been short on athletes. The coaching staff is pretty salty up there as well.  Got to get that good old discipline thing in place though.  Sounds like the weight program is getting through to the guys as well.  For a Yellowjacket fan, I do hope your wrong, in a nice way.
I really think it will be a dog fight for the top of the East this year.  I feel like we have 3 very legit teams this year. It's gonna be a fight at the bottom too. Forest City should be about the same as always.  I was impressed with Nettleton's 9th grade last year and I just feel like Valley View will be better this year.  It should be a fun year.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on March 31, 2016, 11:33:51 am
Batesville seems to have Wynne's number the past two years so I think Batesville beats Wynne.

Just the last 2 years??

#1jacketfan

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: The_Pioneer on April 07, 2016, 03:26:40 pm
Just the last 2 years??
LOL I didn't feel like doing any research and I didn't want to step on anyone's toes so I stuck with what I know.  If I would've went any farther back someone would've got the all time records and the total scores then I would have started a big argument.

FD4

Just heard an update on the progress of our team in Wynne.  They clocked our tailback in the 40 or at least tried to.  It seemed when he took off a worm hole opened up and they guy disappeared into a vortex.  Then some one was looking at an old newspaper from the 60's and there he was holding up a sign saying "be back soon".  So time travel is possible.  Then the offensive line was competing in the weight room, one of the guys dropped his weights after a lift.  It was recorded as a magnitude 3.7 in St Louis.  We should be OK this season.

The_Pioneer

Have they learned how to grow green grass on your cow pasture stadium field yet?

walkingguy72396

Wynne has artificial turf.  When it was grass back when the General took care of it.  One of the best looking High School Natural Turf Fields.  I've seen.  Year in and year out.

sevenof400

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on April 16, 2016, 10:51:22 am
Wynne has artificial turf.  When it was grass back when the General took care of it.  One of the best looking High School Natural Turf Fields.  I've seen.  Year in and year out.

Was the General there in the 60's?  There is no way he (the General) was around in the final few years of (having absolutely no) natural grass. 

The_Pioneer

So what you are saying is no?  I recall most of our visits to Wynne in the recent past and playing on a yellow, dead grass field. 

sevenof400

And to add to what The Pioneer said, the pitch running through that field was excessive...  It is hard to image that field ever looking good.

walkingguy72396

Batesville game almost always came after the first frost.  The field did change to a crisp golden color after a frost.  The field for the most part was in great shape at the beginning of each season and stayed in good shape all season long
Took a bunch of rain to turn it into a mud pit.  Like the Alma and Hope play-off games

D1rty_r3d

How can you put batesville at #2 when Mcclellan beat them at they house in the 3rd round of the playoffs?????????????????????????????

MDXPHD

Quote from: D1rty_r3d on August 19, 2016, 03:36:03 pm

How can you put batesville at #2 when Mcclellan beat them at they house in the 3rd round of the playoffs?????????????????????????????

I think you are confused. That was last year. These rankings pertain to the upcoming season.

D1rty_r3d

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 19, 2016, 04:34:03 pm
I think you are confused. That was last year. These rankings pertain to the upcoming season.
No I'm not confused lol McClellan lost practically no one except 2-3 line men and a running back, their whole team is back they return 17 or 18 starters and will be way better than last year so you think Batesville would beat them this year????

MDXPHD

Quote from: D1rty_r3d on August 20, 2016, 10:46:25 am
No I'm not confused lol McClellan lost practically no one except 2-3 line men and a running back, their whole team is back they return 17 or 18 starters and will be way better than last year so you think Batesville would beat them this year????

Yes.

the voice

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 20, 2016, 02:23:43 pm
Yes.

Rumor is batesville may be as good as they've ever been. Add that to the tradition of success they have built and watch out. They aren't a one year wonder. LRM has to prove they aren't.

GuvHog

Quote from: the voice on August 20, 2016, 06:07:39 pm
Rumor is batesville may be as good as they've ever been. Add that to the tradition of success they have built and watch out. They aren't a one year wonder. LRM has to prove they aren't.

There are several teams in the 5A division that will be better than they were last year and Alma comes back down from 6A. The 5A division will no doubt be stronger over all but I would still put PA in the top spot in the polls until someone beats them. After PA though, it's pretty well a guessing game as to who will finish where.

Lumberjackfan1978

agree PA is#1 and I think they will be hard to beat again this year

SWAT524

August 23, 2016, 07:29:59 am #46 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:31:32 am by SWAT524
The Batesville O line this year is huge! And they are deep on each positions. Returning Sr. QB is on fire.
My Top 5
1.Batesville
2.Alma
3.PA
4. Blythville ( I am really excited to see this running back fly this year, former Pioneer-now coach staff  helping turn this program around. )
5.Still out on this one

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas