• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sosa Agim- A must Watch

Started by FootballTime44, November 25, 2015, 03:42:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdahill

really nice! glad he is staying home!

InYoGrill

That was a really good video to watch on Agim!

VVBlazer

Thank you for posting that. Good story!

InYoGrill

If I had watched that video and then found out that he was going out of state, I think I would have been depressed for a while. LOL! So glad he committed to the Hogs! I will be watching him close. No doubt with his attitude and work ethic that he should be playing a LOT next season. What a STUD!!!

MDXPHD

FAYETTEVILLE -- Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith was curious like the rest of the Razorbacks staff to see early signee McTelvin Agim in his first college workout on Saturday.

"I skipped skelly today to go watch him in one-on-one, that's how excited I was," Smith said. "Explosion is the one word I'd use to describe him."
Agim, a 6-3, 268-pound defensive lineman from Hope, graduated high school earlier this week, signed with the Razorbacks on Thursday and couldn't wait to get on the practice field on Saturday.

"He was here three hours ahead of time to get taped, so I know I've got a guy that loves it," Arkansas Coach Bret Bielema said. "He's very quick, very sudden, hard, hard, hard worker."

Bielema said the Razorbacks had to go through a lot of red tape to get Agim eligible to practice. He also speculated Agim might be the first player ever to graduate early, go through bowl practices and play in the Under Armour All-America game.
Agim can practice on campus, but not when the Razorbacks travel to Memphis on Dec. 28 for the Liberty Bowl. The Under Armour game will be held in Orlando on Jan. 2, the same day the Razorbacks face Kansas State.

"He's been waiting to get here for the longest time," defensive line coach Rory Segrest said. "We just kind of threw him into the fire today to watch him move around a little bit and kind of coach him on the run. He's obviously, as far as a physical talent standpoint, going to bring a lot to the table. ... I think he's going to have a great career here at Arkansas."

MDXPHD

For all of you fans against Hope who said he was lazy and wasn't very good, c'mon man. He's the real deal!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 21, 2015, 08:41:04 am
For all of you fans against Hope who said he was lazy and wasn't very good, c'mon man. He's the real deal!
I never read on here that he was lazy or not very good. Against PA, be either wasn't in good conditioning or he didn't try very hard. Either problem will be fixed on the Hill.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 21, 2015, 08:51:29 am
I never read on here that he was lazy or not very good. Against PA, be either wasn't in good conditioning or he didn't try very hard. Either problem will be fixed on the Hill.

I equate not trying very hard to being lazy, even though you might not. I also remember people saying he was overrated and other nonsense.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 21, 2015, 08:59:04 am
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 21, 2015, 08:51:29 am

I equate not trying very hard to being lazy, even though you might not. I also remember people saying he was overrated and other nonsense.
Maybe he was hurt, who knows. When he tried he was dominant. When he didn't he was not a problem.  About half the time he was a problem for PA.

MDXPHD

Not calling you two out, but just proving to Red Devil that I wasn't making stuff  up.

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 20, 2015, 08:09:20 pm
#33 for Hope is gassed and is not SEC material

Not that good (overrated)

Quote from: PA Dad on November 20, 2015, 08:11:21 pm
He doesn't play but 2 out of 4 plays.  He  just stands there.

lazy

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 20, 2015, 08:16:01 pm
I hope he goes to Bama

You don't want that lol. He would be dominating us for four years just like their defense has been since Saban took over.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 21, 2015, 09:07:16 am
Not calling you two out, but just proving to Red Devil that I wasn't making stuff  up.

lazy

I hope he goes to Bama

You don't want that lol. He would be dominating us for four years just like their defense has been since Saban took over.
The Bama comment was foolish on my part. I'm glad he's at Arkansas. On that one night, I couldn't believe how out of the game be was.

I read on here that 2-4 DI players is enough to win a state championship if everyone else is average. Well the 9th best player in the country should be able to prevent 78
Points if he was completely trying.

Maynard G Krebs

I hope he proves to be the real thing and wish him nothing but the best.  My comment was based on when I saw him play in the playoffs.  I was really looking forward to seeing him play and was disappointed by his effort.  When he put forth effort that night, he was great, but unfortunately it was infrequent.  Like another poster said, maybe something was wrong with him that night.

I was encouraged by what I read in the paper about him since he went up the hill.  Again, I hope he is a repeat All -SEC player and is able to help his family situation with his career.

MDXPHD

I understand. Plus, with all the Hope hype on here by their fans, it is hard not to say anything when you're blowing them out. I was just wanting to reassure everyone that Arkansas is the right place for the kid. Hog fans complain when we don't keep the in state talent, so we should be happy with this one.

the voice

December 21, 2015, 09:45:38 am #14 Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:47:17 am by the voice
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 21, 2015, 09:20:09 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on December 21, 2015, 09:07:16 am

lazy

I hope he goes to Bama

The Bama comment was foolish on my part. I'm glad he's at Arkansas. On that one night, I couldn't believe how out of the game be was.

I read on here that 2-4 DI players is enough to win a state championship if everyone else is average. Well the 9th best player in the country should be able to prevent 78
Points if he was completely trying.

Actually what was said was they'll be in contention, which they were where they were in large part because of him. I saw some games where he either disappeared or just flat out wasn't trying , it sad that many with that God given talent don't always play hard. It's always easy to notice also because they are usually watched every play. And yes I agree he probably could have had a bigger hand in preventing those points

PA Dad

I actually regret the comment I made because I shouldn't be criticizing any player by name.  But, my comment was accurate.  Just go watch the film of the game.

On the other hand, he is a heck of an athlete, and I know the coaches at UA won't let him get by just on talent.  They'll make him work.  I'm glad he's a HOG.

InYoGrill

I saw some stats on him on tv the other night. I thought I saw where he ran 5  kickoffs for TD's! Did I see that right?? Geez!!!!

Dude looks fluid running out there on the field. Fast acceleration.

FootballTime44

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 21, 2015, 09:33:22 am
I hope he proves to be the real thing and wish him nothing but the best.  My comment was based on when I saw him play in the playoffs.  I was really looking forward to seeing him play and was disappointed by his effort.  When he put forth effort that night, he was great, but unfortunately it was infrequent.  Like another poster said, maybe something was wrong with him that night.

I was encouraged by what I read in the paper about him since he went up the hill.  Again, I hope he is a repeat All -SEC player and is able to help his family situation with his career.
I understand what you're saying but how many times have you seen a DE have to go field an onside kick and return it and get hit then have to play RB then go out and give it all on his natural position. Come on now. Of course he was gassed. I guarantee in Arkansas he won't be asked to return many kicks

Yellowcake

I was guilty of talking about his conditioning, either on here or in an email thread with friends. I don't recall. I saw him play 3 times this year, and the PA game was his worst outing. But I promise you, it was likely a conditioning issue. He was asked to do everything in that game, and trying to just play PA on defense only is exhausting enough. Throw in the fact that PA was rolling that night, and I understand why he got gassed early and never fully recovered. I think he will be a great Hog.

Yellowcake

Oops, I meant 2 times, not 3. Lakeside and PA. He did return the opening KO for a TD in the Lakeside game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas