• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolest mascots in the state?

Started by MarionBlueDevil, April 13, 2014, 01:06:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Legend

Maynard G Krebs

In the late 60's, early 70's, location, the abandoned Grandview School playground in the Mt. Tabor community, just east of Glenwwod on US Hwy 70:  Impromptu touch football games on Sunday's would feature the local boys who dubbed themselves the "Tabor Tech Turd Tumblers".  Local legend is they were undefeated. 😀

AirWarren

Back when I was at The hospital I heard a few ladies discussing football games in the great metropolis of banks, Arkansas. It was said that they were known as the Banks "cornbread eatin, pulpwood drivin, fine Mens". This according to a local from the Ivan community near fordyce haha.

bigchief72455

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 03, 2015, 10:06:05 am
In the late 60's, early 70's, location, the abandoned Grandview School playground in the Mt. Tabor community, just east of Glenwwod on US Hwy 70:  Impromptu touch football games on Sunday's would feature the local boys who dubbed themselves the "Tabor Tech Turd Tumblers".  Local legend is they were undefeated. 😀
Nice was you on that team?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on November 07, 2015, 02:56:32 am
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 03, 2015, 10:06:05 am
Nice was you on that team?
No, as I was a little younger than those guys.  I remember them wearing their Tabor Tech t-shirts around town.

Legend

What about the make believe school featured in Hootens this year

maxswine

Quote from: Legend on November 07, 2015, 08:50:56 am

I'm late to this.  What happened?

OB11

Quote from: Legend on November 07, 2015, 08:50:56 am

That was hilarious!  With 24/7 media and the internet, I don't think anything like that could happen today. 

Legend

These guys created a fake school and wrote articles in the Ar Democrat Gazette and it held up for a long time

1-Adam-12

Something like that happened in the early 40s in New Jersey, only at the small college level.  It even fooled the New York Times.  It took the famous columnist Red Smith to find it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plainfield_Teacher%27s_College

http://hoaxes.org/archive/permalink/plainfield_teachers

1-Adam-12

Not in Arkansas, but here's one I thought was unique:

Our volleyball team had camp in Branson this past week and one of the teams we played was Aurora, Missouri.  They're the Houn'Dawgs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas