• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolest mascots in the state?

Started by MarionBlueDevil, April 13, 2014, 01:06:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on June 12, 2014, 02:45:17 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on April 22, 2014, 08:11:59 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 22, 2014, 07:16:11 pm
I've got to add that most Jr. High teams follow with the high school as Jr. Jacks or Jr. Hornets or Jr. Panthers.  The Miners have the Crushers as the 8th and 9th grade team and Drillers as the 7th grade team.  You drill, then crush, then mine.
That's pretty cool there
lake village sr. high are the beavers. jr high the tigers. makes perfect sense.
Wouldn't expect anything more from Chicot Co

Hoghead

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 12, 2014, 03:00:31 pm
Quote from: Oldman on June 12, 2014, 02:45:17 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on April 22, 2014, 08:11:59 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 22, 2014, 07:16:11 pm
I've got to add that most Jr. High teams follow with the high school as Jr. Jacks or Jr. Hornets or Jr. Panthers.  The Miners have the Crushers as the 8th and 9th grade team and Drillers as the 7th grade team.  You drill, then crush, then mine.
That's pretty cool there
lake village sr. high are the beavers. jr high the tigers. makes perfect sense.
Wouldn't expect anything more from Chicot Co

After combining Eudora with Lake Village didn't they fight each other after a game one night ? The Beaver Badger rivalry was still intact.

RyanLR

FBfan79

September 20, 2014, 10:25:14 am #103 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:26:39 pm by FBfan79
Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 16, 2014, 12:08:18 pm
Quote from: tmycjy on April 15, 2014, 07:09:57 pm
Fountain Lake Cobras Name after a snake what can I say
If I was in charge of the Fountain Lake Cobras it'd be all I could do not to make constant GI Joe references, refer to myself as the Cobra Commander, etc.  COBRA ATTAAAAACK!

Lions84 used to always call FL the Cobra Kai.  Strike first,  Strike hard,  Show no mercy!  Kinda liked it,  hence my avatar.  Probably my fav... the Golden Goblins.

Lions84

Quote from: hawgrule on April 29, 2014, 10:06:06 am
I think the Elks are pretty unique, especially now since the AGFC is working an elk population in that area.  Rose Bud Ramblers, LV Beavers, Magazine Rattlers, Blythville Chick(asaw)s, Pokie and Piggot (for now) Robinson Senators, and my favorite as far as uniqueness goes has to be the Bombers of MH, so much to do with that mascot.

Burleson Texas is the Elks too.

youngGUN

Seems like you have never heard of the DeWitt Dragons.  The Wonderview Dare Devils should also be on the list. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: youngGUN on October 10, 2014, 01:24:11 pm
Seems like you have never heard of the DeWitt Dragons.  The Wonderview Dare Devils should also be on the list.
Junction city are the dragons too so not very unique in the state

phdefense

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 10, 2014, 03:10:38 pm
Quote from: youngGUN on October 10, 2014, 01:24:11 pm
Junction city are the dragons too so not very unique in the state
I believe Genoa is the dragons as well.

BrianfromCarlisle

There is only one Bison.  And the only other Ricebirds mascot in the U.S. is in El Campo, TX, so that is very unique.  I'm sure there are Bison in other places.  But the name came from all of the Bison that roamed the Grand Prairie back in the day.

Lionheart88

Who had it first, Carlisle or Harding?

BrianfromCarlisle

Not sure.  But Bisons is Harding.  And that isn't even grammatically correct. Lol.  Bison is correct

Legend

Ozark use to be the Bulldogs before becoming the Hillbillies and yes I am partial to my alma mater but USA TODAY did a hs mascot contest and I am really shocked no one mentioned this but the Arkansas School for the Deaf mascot is the Leopards. the Def Leopards.

Lionheart88

Though they had the mascot years before the band was formed, or so I've heard.

SantaHog

The original "Razorback" is Texarkana's Arkansas High School.

Uncle Ivan

I've always wanted to see how a six-legged cat grooms itself.

neverwaz

#1   Cave City     Cavemen                                                                                                                               #2   Deer           Antlers                                                                                                                              #3   Hermitage    Hermits

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 16, 2014, 06:11:24 pm

I saw a Wampus Cat down in Bois D' Arc one night ! As it crossed Bass Street it waved at me with a fish in it's mouth !

Googlymoogly

Finally someone got around to mentioning the Cave City Cavemen/Cavewomen and the Arkansas School of the Deaf Leopards.
Throw in Melbourne Bearkatz only because they spell it wrong.
And there is only one Bombers in the state as well

STUNNA

What about the mighty hermitage hermits?? Lol

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on October 21, 2014, 09:04:29 am
What about the mighty hermitage hermits?? Lol

Hermits. Sounds very threatening.

Dr. Defense

anyone mentioned the Thunderbirds of Cross County? Thats a different one

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 20, 2014, 12:39:17 am

I saw a Wampus Cat down in Bois D' Arc one night ! As it crossed Bass Street it waved at me with a fish in it's mouth !

After how many bottles of Thunderbird did this occur?

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 22, 2014, 11:23:56 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on October 20, 2014, 12:39:17 am

After how many bottles of Thunderbird did this occur?

No it was a Wednesday night after church and some MD 20/20. It stood about 6'3 on it's hind legs and waved at me ! Then it came down on all 6's and ran off into some woods along the bank. It's spiked club tail ripped a trail in the road down there. It's Bois D'Arc man, strange things happen in Bois D'Arc !

Lions84

1-Adam-12

October 27, 2014, 07:35:42 pm #124 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:41:30 pm by 1-Adam-12
Just remembered this one from the past:

Lockesburg Blue Darters. That is pretty cool.

And I have a Winslow baseball jersey among my possessions.

Also, in some dark corner of my mind, wasn't DeValls Bluff called the Scrappers when they were around? I may be wrong but I seem to remember reading this somewhere when I lived in Stuttgart lo those many years ago.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on October 27, 2014, 07:35:42 pm
Just remembered this one from the past:

Lockesburg Blue Darters. That is pretty cool.

And I have a Winslow baseball jersey among my possessions.

Also, in some dark corner of my mind, wasn't DeValls Bluff called the Scrappers when they were around? I may be wrong but I seem to remember reading this somewhere when I lived in Stuttgart lo those many years ago.

Devalls BLuff was the scrappers...that's why some folks call Hazen the Scrapper-Hornets.

Hoghead

Arkadelphia Peake High Buffaloes
Pine Bluff Coleman High Blue Jays/Bears

Made

2. Fordyce Redbugs here is no other school with this mascots in the NATION

had to fix that

Wolfpack68

Best ever is the Prescotr Curley Wolves!!  ;D
The should be best ever would be the Flippin Frogs or the Bearden Beards.
#2 is the Hermits of Hermitage.

HorseFeathers

No love for the Cave City Cavemen and Cavewomen?

Lionheart88

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 10, 2014, 09:40:34 pm
"Curly Wolf" sounds like a feral poodle, but they do get major style points for uniqueness.

Lions84

Quote from: FBfan79 on September 20, 2014, 10:25:14 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 16, 2014, 12:08:18 pm
Fountain Lake Cobras Name after a snake what can I say
If I was in charge of the Fountain Lake Cobras it'd be all I could do not to make constant GI Joe references, refer to myself as the Cobra Commander, etc.  COBRA ATTAAAAACK!

Lions84 used to always call FL the Cobra Kai.  Strike first,  Strike hard,  Show no mercy!  Kinda liked it,  hence my avatar.  Probably my fav... the Golden Goblins.

Yes I love using that Karate Kid reference with them.

Lionheart88

Does FL's head coach wear a mask and have a raspy voice?  When the team loses, is it because no one saw the simply flaw in his grandiose plan?

1-Adam-12

While I was at Branson volleyball camp the team from Hesston, Kansas caught my eye for their nickname.  They are the Swathers.

ghoti

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 11, 2014, 07:27:37 pm
Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 10, 2014, 09:40:34 pm
"Curly Wolf" sounds like a feral poodle, but they do get major style points for uniqueness.
curly(the orignal spelling) has nothing to do with hair. it was in refrence to the toughness/bad attitude etc... of said wolf

Jabali

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 29, 2014, 01:30:19 pm
If we ever get into a situation where schools with Indian mascots are forced to come up with a new one, I have the first suggestion ... The Osceola Ocelots!
Instead of Warriors, the Lamar Lemurs. I would buy all their gear.

Burks

October 13, 2015, 09:56:31 pm #136 Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:58:53 pm by Burks
In State, Mills Comets. My favorite out of state Mascots, Frankfort Hot Dogs (IN) and Logansport Berries (IN).

Legend

PrivateLesson

lol!  You couldn't resist being the first to declare that on this thread, could you? 

Legend

I am biased about Ozark Hillbillies though. It is a pretty cool mascot!

thedirtye

Legend

You know with all the REBELS having to change their mascots. I think Harrison should have to change their mascot. Goblins in Harrison?

Lions84

Yes DVB was the Scrappers  Ie the poor folk who picked the scraps of cotton after the cotton Picker machine went through.

maxswine

8. Jonesboro Hurricanes there no other school name after a storm

What about the Russellville Cyclones?

Legend

Out in South Carolina Easley is the Green Wave and their Rival Pickens is the Blue Flame

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Lions84 on October 28, 2015, 03:13:37 pm
Yes DVB was the Scrappers  Ie the poor folk who picked the scraps of cotton after the cotton Picker machine went through.
I always wondered how they got their name. 

AT

Alma is the only school with an Airedale mascot in the nation. I'm not exactly sure why we went with it other then maybe the alliteration. I've always liked it, though.

Legend

Im surprised Alma mascot isnt the Popeyes

phdefense

swissroll101

Redbugs!!!

Even made the Jay Leno top 10 a few years back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas