• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Teams for Next Year

Started by BigMan15, March 13, 2016, 11:46:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dynasty

Quote from: xadboy on March 15, 2016, 11:34:19 am
Ok so we don't play anyone in our conference unless we schedule a game with them during regular season? So we play the teams on the other list? If so, this is a stupid thing. So you play possibly a team you haven't seen?

Charleston will not play Greenland, Elkins or Haas Hall during conference play but those teams will be in the district tournament.

RTF

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 15, 2016, 11:40:08 am
Charleston will not play Greenland, Elkins or Haas Hall during conference play but those teams will be in the district tournament.

How does that make sense?

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on March 15, 2016, 11:44:45 am
How does that make sense?

No clue. I thought the purpose was to cut out drive time and it did that for Charleston. The longest drive we have will be Waldron for conference. All the other games are all less than an hour away most being less than 30 minutes.

BigMan15

ill be honest though, I think it will make the district tournament a little more interesting!!!

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on March 14, 2016, 04:16:28 pm
Osceola
Charleston
Manila
Centerpoint
Marshall
Harding Academy
Valley Springs
Paris
Rivercrest
Greenland
These are the first ones which come to mind. Others could be, you never know though.
If Osceola can keep their team together, they will definitely be top two....

Eagle20

Quote from: Paperman on March 14, 2016, 04:12:07 pm
Or just do away with AAA and start a new association.

Best idea to date! AAA is a useless organization in my opinion.
What you have to remember is the schools propose and vote on these issues.  AAA just carries out the day to day duties of running things.  Bark at your superintendents.  That is where the blame lies.

bobcats

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 15, 2016, 09:31:49 pm
What you have to remember is the schools propose and vote on these issues.  AAA just carries out the day to day duties of running things.  Bark at your superintendents.  That is where the blame lies.

Actually their is a group of about 15 administrators who do all this wonderful stuff.  This is the brain child of the genius from Mtn Home.

skittles1438

Perryville is a team to watch out for. Started 5 sophomores this season and made it to regionals. They could be a salty team that could surprise some people!

Eagle20

Quote from: bobcats on March 15, 2016, 10:15:18 pm
Actually their is a group of about 15 administrators who do all this wonderful stuff.  This is the brain child of the genius from Mtn Home.
The other schools still have to vote on it no matter where the proposal comes from. 

The Dynasty

Quote from: ISU7 on March 15, 2016, 04:53:00 pm
If Osceola can keep their team together, they will definitely be top two....

If they can keep their team together? They move around a lot from school to school?

BoxNOne

Quote from: xadboy on March 15, 2016, 11:34:19 am
Ok so we don't play anyone in our conference unless we schedule a game with them during regular season? So we play the teams on the other list? If so, this is a stupid thing. So you play possibly a team you haven't seen?

Xadboy, its true and as you said it's stupid IMO. Most casual fans don't even know this is going to be in effect next year. And when you try to explain to someone who doesn't know they look at you like you must be crazy. The regular season won't mean much.

ISU7

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 16, 2016, 08:39:32 am
If they can keep their team together? They move around a lot from school to school?
NO. They have key players that play football, and we all know injuries do happen. Ok I'll say if they stay healthy, how is that.

Radiotalker

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 16, 2016, 08:39:32 am

Kinda like Paris and Charleston

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on March 16, 2016, 03:57:09 pm
NO. They have key players that play football, and we all know injuries do happen. Ok I'll say if they stay healthy, how is that.
I think I could read between the lines and know what you were referring to.

Badapa

Longfellow quit talkin to yourself

Eagle20

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 16, 2016, 09:28:22 am
Xadboy, its true and as you said it's stupid IMO. Most casual fans don't even know this is going to be in effect next year. And when you try to explain to someone who doesn't know they look at you like you must be crazy. The regular season won't mean much.
You play everyone in your conference during the regular season.  However, You play no one that is in your district unless you schedule them as a non-conference opponent. 

bobcats

March 19, 2016, 04:16:32 pm #66 Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:18:05 pm by bobcats
Quote from: Eagle20 on March 19, 2016, 08:33:59 am
You play everyone in your conference during the regular season.  However, You play no one that is in your district unless you schedule them as a non-conference opponent.

And how are you going to seed that district tournament?  There should be no bye to the semi finals as in the past.

NEA Razorback olfan

Eagle20

Quote from: bobcats on March 19, 2016, 04:16:32 pm
And how are you going to seed that district tournament?  There should be no bye to the semi finals as in the past.
Actually, there are a few teams that bleed into both your conference and district.  Random

RTF

ballmember

AAA(Superintendents) :    that is how they relate to basketball, and how most relate to the public as a whole.   All this was done to satisfy Mtn Home.    a 6A school.   however, they do things with no explanations, dont have to  ,  they are superintendents.   See why many dont stay in one place very long.  However, there are some that do a good job.    They probably dont gravitate to the AAA.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on March 16, 2016, 07:25:11 pm
I think I could read between the lines and know what you were referring to.
Oh behave Head Lion..lol ;) 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas