• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS Basketball

Started by bigdoug, March 08, 2016, 07:26:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdoug

As quiet as it is kept, ECS is gonna be back next year! Sure they are losing Freeman and Robinson but I hear that they got a good post player and some guards still. All I'm saying is don't sleep on the Wildcats at all.

smallybells

Quote from: bigdoug on March 08, 2016, 07:26:32 am
As quiet as it is kept, ECS is gonna be back next year! Sure they are losing Freeman and Robinson but I hear that they got a good post player and some guards still. All I'm saying is don't sleep on the Wildcats at all.

They must not have been in the gym the 2 times I saw them this year. I have no personal dislikes with ECS, I have watched them play some good basketball the past few years, but the current team falls off sharply after Freeman and Robinson from what I have observed.

bigdoug

Quote from: smallybells on March 08, 2016, 08:28:14 am
They must not have been in the gym the 2 times I saw them this year. I have no personal dislikes with ECS, I have watched them play some good basketball the past few years, but the current team falls off sharply after Freeman and Robinson from what I have observed.

Ive watched also and I think #4 is a player as well.

Radiotalker

Quote from: smallybells on March 08, 2016, 08:28:14 am

I agree smally. Huge drop off.  CR will be facing the same situation.

Timberwolf08

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 08, 2016, 08:49:02 am
I agree smally. Huge drop off.  CR will be facing the same situation.

The last 4 years with the Reaves/Crabtrees will definitely be the glory days stories of our area for a lonnnnnng time.

Radiotalker

I know it's off subject, but some of us were talking at the tournament last week. Mayflower, last year's runner-up, won like 3 games this season. How does that happen?

smallybells

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 08, 2016, 10:27:05 am
I know it's off subject, but some of us were talking at the tournament last week. Mayflower, last year's runner-up, won like 3 games this season. How does that happen?

They lost Jerry Perry, a pretty athletic football player, and a kid that could should around the perimeter pretty good, all starters.

neds

Mayflower has never (I can speak to the last 7 yrs) been well coached. So when you lose talent like they did last year there is only one direction.
While I expect ECS to be down next year I don't expect the drop to be dramatic. They will have probably the best post player in 3A, they have a solid guard coming back and they have a lot of young 8th graders who will move to 9th grade and play varsity.
Expect a slow start , but coach Marsh will coach them up as the year goes on.

smallybells

Quote from: neds on March 08, 2016, 10:50:48 am
Mayflower has never (I can speak to the last 7 yrs) been well coached. So when you lose talent like they did last year there is only one direction.
While I expect ECS to be down next year I don't expect the drop to be dramatic. They will have probably the best post player in 3A, they have a solid guard coming back and they have a lot of young 8th graders who will move to 9th grade and play varsity.
Expect a slow start , but coach Marsh will coach them up as the year goes on.

Is this post player you speak of the kid that wears the headbands or a new guy? I'm just curious.

neds

New fellow. Transfer from LR Christian who sat this year

BigMan15

How big is he? My younger son played with the 8th grade class at ECS. I will tell you they have alot alot of quick athletic guards!! In a few years they will be back at the top! Without a doubt they will still be in the mix next year!

smallybells

Quote from: neds on March 08, 2016, 10:57:11 am
New fellow. Transfer from LR Christian who sat this year

Ah, ok, thanks.

neds

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 08, 2016, 10:59:57 am
How big is he? My younger son played with the 8th grade class at ECS. I will tell you they have alot alot of quick athletic guards!! In a few years they will be back at the top! Without a doubt they will still be in the mix next year!

6'5" I believe
The young man with the headband is a junior and he adds some sz for next years team

smallybells

Quote from: neds on March 08, 2016, 12:53:12 pm
6'5" I believe
The young man with the headband is a junior and he adds some sz for next years team

He does have decent size. I was just curious, the times I have watched them, the ball didn't leave the main 2's hands very often, so I had no idea of his potential or skill level, but he appeared to be one of the taller ones on the current roster.

cdelaney

Quote from: neds on March 08, 2016, 12:53:12 pm
6'5" I believe
Headband is a senior but the other post who played a lot is a jr.
They will be decent next year but it's tough to rely on Freshmen. Last Freshmen to play a significant role were Martin in 2011-12 season then Freeman and Robinson in 2012-13, but they had some good experienced talent around them; next year not nearly as much.

neds

No doubt coach Marsh will be rebuilding

ReddieKnightTrojan

Can you tell us a little more about ECS baseball?

cdelaney

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 10, 2016, 12:45:22 pm
Can you tell us a little more about ECS baseball?
They have been to State once that I know of, in 2013. Beat a Manilla team with a stud pitcher 1-0 in 1st round. Other than that they are usually decent, make Regionals most years. They had a pretty good group of 9-11 graders last year so they may be due for a couple of pretty good years. Doubt they will be State title contenders. They have a very good coach in Travis Hill.

hornethigh-mhs

He sure was a stud. Handsome too.

Proud Buckaroo

hornethigh-mhs

NEark tigers

Rebuild and more Recruits.......

neds

Ctucker

Ned's some people will never get it, my girls went to public school but like I said many times I would have sent them to Harding if I could have afforded it. But I have friends that kids go to private school and people have no clue how hard some of these parents work to send there kids there but I know personally it aint all rich kids. And none of them get there school school paid for and there kids are good ball players.there parents work there butt off! It's been good listening to your comments this year!

neds

Thanks Ctucker. People are driven to hate for different reasons. Some people are driven to a life of crime and I will never figure out why someone makes that choice.
I wish you a good off season sir.

cdelaney

NEark tigers

March 12, 2016, 10:38:17 pm #26 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:39:52 pm by NEark tigers
Quote from: cdelaney on March 12, 2016, 06:28:16 pm
Follow Earle's plan?
The plan is simple:

PRIDE + HARD WORK + DISCIPLINE + SWAGGER = CHAMPIONSHIPS

9X WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
8 BOYS AND 1 GIRLS

cdelaney

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 12, 2016, 10:38:17 pm
The plan is simple:

PRIDE + HARD WORK + DISCIPLINE + SWAGGER +KIDS FROM SURROUNDING TOWNS+BAILBONDSMAN ON STAFF= CHAMPIONSHIPS

9X WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
8 BOYS AND 1 GIRLS

Batman44

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 08, 2016, 09:24:33 am
The last 4 years with the Reaves/Crabtrees will definitely be the glory days stories of our area for a lonnnnnng time.

Timberwolf, sad to say, but you are correct. Having said that, what glory years they truly were!!!!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Batman44 on March 13, 2016, 01:03:40 pm
Timberwolf, sad to say, but you are correct. Having said that, what glory years they truly were!!!!

Those four are special kids that you don't see very often come through your school. Just keep the memories!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas