• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 3A BOYS FINAL (Sat 2:30)Charleston vs Cedar Ridge

Started by xadboy, March 05, 2016, 09:38:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Charleston
32 (25.2%)
Cedar Ridge
95 (74.8%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:36:18 pm

xadboy

Congrats to both teams. This should be a good one. Can Charleston slow down Reaves? Can Cedar Ridge slow down Fenner? Can't wait to see this one.

Ctucker

pioneers

I'm setting the over under on reaves and fenner points scored at 70

Ctucker

xadboy

Proud Buckaroo

Black and Gold

Couldn't have been too many. They dogged him all night

Bigtimebasketballfan

Don't put fenner and reaves in the same category. That's a joke

Black and Gold

Two great players. Two different styles. It's not really a joke

ZoneBuster

@CurryLegion

Proud Buckaroo

Baller_34

Quote from: Black and Gold on March 05, 2016, 10:23:54 pm
Two great players. Two different styles. It's not really a joke

Fenner is good but that is a joke!! No where close to each other!!

ReddieKnightTrojan

Black and Gold

I never said they were in the same category. In 3A, they are by far the best at what they do. It'll be interesting

mtindian42

Reaves plays out of his mind on the big stage...he turns in to a beast... And becomes a monster! What he did in the NEA still leaves me puzzled...😮🙃😀🤔

@CurryLegion

I'm sick of people talking about Reaves and the refs. Please STOP. The refs don't average 43 points a game.

Ned_Flanders

Lack of defense averages 43 points per game. 🙀

Longfellow

They're either complaining about Reaves and the refs or Fenner shooting to deep

mtindian42

@CurryLegion

Timberwolf08

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on March 05, 2016, 11:37:13 pm
I'm sick of people talking about Reaves and the refs. Please STOP. The refs don't average 43 points a game.

PREACH! Though I'm sure that people will say the refs just let him go to the foul line...in reality, people can't guard him and they hack him...and those fouls get called maybe 1/4 times. The reality re:Austin and the refs is that they let it go until he's been fouled the full length of the court.

mtindian42

43 ppg lol that's the averages of 2 players 😮

ReddieKnightTrojan

34 of Reaves' 59 came from the strip against McGehee. I wonder how many came after the 1st McGehee player fouled out.

mtindian42

Lol. I'm sure refs don't get together and say well we got reaves tonight. Let's see to it he gets all the calls!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 what a joke! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@CurryLegion

Reaves is averaging 43 PPG this State Tournament, and his season average is probably not much less.

mtindian42

He can't be stopped on this level. Just to good! I heard someone say reaves gets fouled allmost every play... The refs can't call them all or he would shoot a 100 FTs a game.😮 that's how much he gets fouled.

@CurryLegion

He has scored 130 points in this tournament. 42 of those have came from the free throw line. He is shooting 42/48 for 88 percent. You guys can complain all you want about the refs and give credit to them for Reaves' success, but the refs don't shoot the FT for him. Also, to anyone mentioning the McGehee game, Reaves had 26 at half with NO FT's. Cedar Ridge was ahead 44-29 and Reaves hadn't attempted a FT, so please, give credit where credit is due, and shut up about the refs.

@CurryLegion

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 06, 2016, 12:01:09 am
34 of Reaves' 59 came from the strip against McGehee. I wonder how many came after the 1st McGehee player fouled out.
This is wrong... He shot 12 FT's, lol. Were you there? Oh by the way he made all 12.

Longfellow

@CurryLegion

xadboy

Just an FYI that I found interesting

Cedar Ridge has attempted 94 free throws in their 3 playoff games.

Cedar Ridge 3 opponents have attempted 35 combined.

Cedar Ridge 42 fouls in 3 games
Opponents 78 fouls combined in 3 games

strongandsteady

Majority of the time if the refs know your going Division 1 and really good they will give you an edge. Watched Malik Monk play last year and he got every foul call everytime he went to the hoop even if it was a clean block just so he didn't look bad

MDXPHD

Quote from: xadboy on March 06, 2016, 05:24:39 am

Cedar ridge didn't have to foul a lot because they could slow the other team down. Nobody can slow them down unless they foul him. Y'all are terrible losers. It's not like your team had a chance against him, you lost by over 20! Man up, stop being a little girl, and accept the loss. Reaves and cedar ridge owned you.

Let's just keep the thread about the current game. It should be a pretty good game and I'm sure Charleston will have a good game plan to try and limit Reaves. Anybody know what day this one is on yet?

pioneers

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 06, 2016, 12:01:09 am
Wrong again. He had 12 free throws 15 2's and 5 3's that game.

bdog32

Quote from: xadboy on March 06, 2016, 05:24:39 am

my advice to other teams would be stop fouling

HorseFeathers

So....yall expect the winning team to have more fouls, when losing teams foul at the end of the game in an attempt to extend the game?

What's in the water this year that is making everyone cry about everything, I've seen more crying about stuff on here this year than my 3 daughters have some in their short lifes....

Radiotalker

BigMan15

NEA Razorback olfan

March 06, 2016, 09:43:38 am #39 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:46:43 am by NEA Razorback olfan
CR by 8 at Half
CR by 14 F

Reaves around 29

ZoneBuster

From what I've seen of highlight clips, reaves is gonna get his one way or the other.

If you play without fouling, he will just slice and dice until he gets to the rim and scores. If teams try and play physical he will go to the line a ton.

I remember people saying teams were playing terrible defense in the NEA tournament. They were probably just trying to play without fouling so he just got to the rim at ease.

Seems like there's just a few guys who can match up with him athletically on the defensive side. Would love to see he and monk go at it.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 06, 2016, 09:52:19 am
From what I've seen of highlight clips, reaves is gonna get his one way or the other.

If you play without fouling, he will just slice and dice until he gets to the rim and scores. If teams try and play physical he will go to the line a ton.

I remember people saying teams were playing terrible defense in the NEA tournament. They were probably just trying to play without fouling so he just got to the rim at ease.

Seems like there's just a few guys who can match up with him athletically on the defensive side. Would love to see he and monk go at it.

Watched him in warm ups at the NEA tourney, he was knocking everything down, 8-12 ft behind the arc , made 12 in a row at one point. He's not only good but he is consistent !!

The Dynasty

I love it. People will give Charleston 0% chance to win this game and that's just the way we want it. See you guys later this week. I e read enough about Reaves greatness already.

bdog32

I anticipate a great game.  Hard to pick a winner and a loser after a great year by both teams.  I hope it's back and forth the entire game and the refs let the teams play.  Could be one of the top match ups or of the 14 games.  Good luck to both teams.

The Dynasty

Don't get me wrong Reaves is really good. But let's be honest when comparing him and Fenner. Say what you want fact is Fenner is doing something Reaves couldn't do his Junior year.... Take his team to the dance. To me that says a lot.

Should be a great game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 06, 2016, 11:17:15 am
Don't get me wrong Reaves is really good. But let's be honest when comparing him and Fenner. Say what you want fact is Fenner is doing something Reaves couldn't do his Junior year.... Take his team to the dance. To me that says a lot.

Should be a great game.

Fenner played the weakest district in state for his regional tournament

Longfellow

That's a good point HF. TR beat the 1 seed from that conference by 10 points in the first round

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 06, 2016, 11:17:15 am

Should be a great game.

I think Reaves has been there before though.

Head Lion

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is Charleston year. A very solid coach with a good team and a week to prepare to basically stop 2 players, I will say Charleston takes it in a mild upset. I would put the line at 6.5 tho CR favored.

Longfellow

I could see that. Both times I saw CR, they completely controlled the offensive glass. That won't happen against Charleston. I definitely don't think they will stop Reaves, but I think Fenner will have a big game. Neither team is very deep, so that could have some effect on the outcome

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas