• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs EC$.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, March 01, 2016, 01:05:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Smackover.
16 (51.6%)
ECS.
15 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Proud Buckaroo

I added the money sign just for you, CD.

Thoughts on this game?

cdelaney

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 01, 2016, 01:05:36 pm
I added the money sign just for you, CD.

Thoughts on this game?
Thank$. Depends on field conditions like always.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cdelaney on March 01, 2016, 01:07:34 pm
Thank$. Depends on field conditions like always.

I think it just depends on how well we can guard Robinson/Freeman and how well you guys can contain Manning and our two big men. (lowery and Collins.)

Lowery is averaging around 10.5 rebounds a game while Collins is averaging 8 a game. Manning is a sight to see. He is a big addition to our starting lineup.

BigMan15

Excited to follow this game today

Longfellow

Didn't realize who Manning was until yesterday. My team played against his in the semifinals or finals of almost every AAU tournament we went to this summer. Heckuva player

BigMan15

To me I think hes about like Kelvin the way he plays. Not as good as Kelvin but same style.

Proud Buckaroo

Jimbo Morphis

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on March 02, 2016, 02:31:35 pm
you going?

I made plans to, but I ended up having to work. I will be watching the stream/listening to it from work though. I will keep updates posted. I'm going there Friday. If we win or not.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 02, 2016, 02:34:19 pm
I made plans to, but I ended up having to work. I will be watching the stream/listening to it from work though. I will keep updates posted. I'm going there Friday. If we win or not.

Making a 2.5 hour drive to watch someone other than your favorite high school(possibly)....have I started rubbing off on you, finally? Hha

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on March 02, 2016, 07:46:04 pm
Making a 2.5 hour drive to watch someone other than your favorite high school(possibly)....have I started rubbing off on you, finally? Hha

Maybe... Maybe so.

neds

thabeast428

Radiotalker

neds

Thanks Radio. Nice half by the Wildcats

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on March 02, 2016, 09:04:31 pm
Thanks Radio. Nice half by the Wildcats

Yeah, especially after the buckaroos scored the first 5 points of the game

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 02, 2016, 09:05:54 pm
Yeah, especially after the buckaroos scored the first 5 points of the game

I lost the live stream.. But ECS has 3 fouls and Smackover seems to have a lot of fouls.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 02, 2016, 09:09:02 pm
I lost the live stream.. But ECS has 3 fouls and Smackover seems to have a lot of fouls.

Actually 5 fouls. Smack was at least 10

neds

ECS is taught not to foul in school  :)

Ice Water

Too often the game in the south is played overly physical. Things that should be a foul simply aren't called. When the state tournament rolls around, and the game is officiated closer to how it's supposed to be, the southern teams often have trouble adjusting. I don't know if this is the case tonight, but I've seen it happen a number of times.

Proud Buckaroo

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on March 02, 2016, 09:14:35 pm
ECS is taught not to foul in school  :)
[/quote

Smackover must learn well. Only 1 foul in q3

Radiotalker

Proud Buckaroo

They just calmed down some.

NEark tigers

Seems to me that Smackover has woke up in the second half......

Radiotalker

Radiotalker

gmoff

Thanks for the updates Radiotalker!

Radiotalker

Radiotalker

60 -52 with 54 seconds left

Radiotalker

64 - 55 with 23 seconds left. It appears that the Wildcats will advance

Proud Buckaroo

Congratulations to ECS on the win. We didn't make it easy.

Congratulations to Smackover on a very good year to you boys. I'm proud of you regardless. Win or lose. You have made us all very proud. It has been fun watching you boys play. 

Radiotalker

Radiotalker

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 02, 2016, 09:48:58 pm
Congratulations to ECS on the win. We didn't make it easy.

Congratulations to Smackover on a very good year to you boys. I'm proud of you regardless. Win or lose. You have made us all very proud. It has been fun watching you boys play. 

Great season Buckaroos!

Proud Buckaroo

Of the 65 points that ECS had. I think Allie had 30+ of them. What an athelete. I thought he was good at football. Kid is even better at basketball.

Paperman

Freeman is just a greAt athlete. Period.

Radiotalker

yep, a huge challenge for the young Seminoles.

NewRecruit

I just want to say that I was at this game, and the officiating was awful.  I did not have a dog in the fight, but my question is when are these refs going to learn that the state tournament is suppose to be about the boys and their accomplishments and not about putting the spotlight on them.  I know that all refs are not like that, but this game was horribly officiated and the refs seem to be loving the attention they were getting.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 01, 2016, 01:13:52 pm
I think it just depends on how well we can guard Robinson/Freeman and how well you guys can contain Manning and our two big men. (lowery and Collins.)

Lowery is averaging around 10.5 rebounds a game while Collins is averaging 8 a game. Manning is a sight to see. He is a big addition to our starting lineup.

There were a lot of offended Knights in the Regional final when "lowery" wouldn't shake any of the basketball players' hand.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 04, 2016, 02:45:41 pm
There were a lot of offended Knights in the Regional final when "lowery" wouldn't shake any of the basketball players' hand.

This game is over with. Stop bringing posts back up because you feel the need to.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 04, 2016, 03:00:44 pm
This game is over with. Stop bringing posts back up because you feel the need to.

I never heard this particular issue discussed

Markadomous

I watched this game. And yes PB I was pulling for Smackover. I will tell you that the refs picked on Manning. If he had not sit out second quarter. Smack wins hands downs. Manning was best player on the floor.

Black and Gold

Better than Freeman and Robinson? I'm not doubting you at all, I just haven't seen him play. I have seen the other two play though and they are very talented.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas