• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A boys state bracket.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, February 27, 2016, 09:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

February 27, 2016, 09:25:00 pm Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:49:03 am by Proud Buckaroo
BOYS BRACKET

All boys seeds:

Region 1:

1. Charleston.
2. Lamar.
3. Paris.
4. Two Rivers.

Region 2:

1. Cedar ridge.
2. Harding.
3. ECS.
4. Jessieville.

Region 3:

1. Osceola.
2. Marshall.
3. Valley springs.
4. Piggott.

Region 4:

1. Centerpoint.
2. Smackover.
3. Prescott.
4. Mcgehee.

neds

Thanks for the brackets
I like the way things are lined up

Proud Buckaroo

You are welcome. I'm considering taking vacation to be there for the ECS/Smackover game.

neds

That should be worth the price of admission. The Village people will be cheering for ECS (3A 5 thing). It will be packed
Nice to have Reeves and co. on the other side

Proud Buckaroo

Manning vs Robinson. That's going to be a good one.

neds

Short bench for ECS this year
But they know the gym well from conf play, slight advantage there.

Ctucker

How far is Jessivile from Hot springs village.

neds

Ctucker

Really  I think I will come down there how does there gym compare to cedars size wise.

neds

I don't know, never been to Cedar's
It is good size and most all the chairs have backs which is nice.
Parking is good too
Not many places to eat, Subway is down the street. Concession stand is a pretty good memory.

teachers pet

teachers pet

3 Mexican restaurants, 1 American food restaurant, 2 pizza eateries. 1 Chinese, 1 Sonic and whatever you want in Hot Springs.

Ponca

neds

Black and Gold

Region 1 and 2 are absolutely loaded

sportsguy80

Centerpoint vs Jessieville and ECS vs Smackover are the two first round games I'm most looking forward to.

Ctucker

I think region 2 is more loaded.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: sportsguy80 on February 28, 2016, 05:07:23 am
Centerpoint vs Jessieville and ECS vs Smackover are the two first round games I'm most looking forward to.

You and me both, dude. I'm ready for Wednesday already.

3 Dollar

I'll have to predict Round 1 as such:

Charleston v Piggott = Charleston
Harding Academy v Prescott = Harding Academy
Osceola v Two Rivers = Osceola
Smackover v Episcopal = Smackover
Cedar Ridge v McGehee = Cedar Ridge
Lamar v Valley Springs = Valley Springs
CenterPoint v Jessieville = Jessieville
Marshall v Paris = Paris

Round 2:

Charleston v Harding Academy = Harding Academy
Osceola v Smackover = Smackover
Cedar Ridge v Valley Springs = Cedar Ridge
Jessieville v Paris = Jessieville

Semi-Finals:

Harding Academy v Smackover = Harding Academy
Cedar Ridge v Jessieville = Cedar Ridge

Finals:

Harding Academy v Cedar Ridge = Cedar Ridge

Clara Allen

Proud Buckaroo

neds

Proud Buckaroo

It would look good to you if ECS was in the semi-finals as well.

neds

ZoneBuster

The question of the tournament, will any team stay within 20 of Cedar? Lol

neds

That is legit
I do wonder if they are 10pts worse outside of their own gym. Not sure it matters , but I think Jessieville is +10 at least

Clara Allen

Lamar has the capibility to surprise some folks, but they have to be consistent.   Something that they have had problems with all year.  From what I heard from last night they were in the gym but not in the game.

cdelaney

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 27, 2016, 09:37:48 pm
You are welcome. I'm considering taking vacation to be there for the ECS/Smackover game.
I hear they are going to run the fire sprinklers in the gym all week to make the Bucks feel at home.

neds

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on February 28, 2016, 09:33:29 am
Lamar has the capibility to surprise some folks, but they have to be consistent.   Something that they have had problems with all year.  From what I heard from last night they were in the gym but not in the game.

The lights get brighter this time of year so that may prove to be a problem for them

Proud Buckaroo

They better get extra support on those goals. Dunk fest 2.0.

Radiotalker

I wish there were resumes about each team. There are some I don't know much about.

Black and Gold

Don't let Two Rivers 4th seed fool you. They are a Dang good team. They have problems with consistency though

neds

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 28, 2016, 10:10:34 am
I wish there were resumes about each team. There are some I don't know much about.

Back in the day each team had someone close to their program post their teams resume. That was back in the day , 2-3 yrs ago

BigMan15

Ned's let's start by you saying ECS first

Radiotalker

Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 28, 2016, 08:41:48 am
The question of the tournament, will any team stay within 20 of Cedar? Lol

Heard the same talk in football about Smackover.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 28, 2016, 11:47:35 am

So you're saying there's a chance.... Lol

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 28, 2016, 11:47:35 am

Ohhhh. That burns. Not. Lol. Good try though. 😂

Radiotalker

No disrespect intended. You know what I'm saying is true.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 28, 2016, 12:16:28 pm
No disrespect intended. You know what I'm saying is true.

I know what you mean. Anything is possible on any given day/night.

neds

February 28, 2016, 12:46:09 pm #39 Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:06:03 pm by neds
Quote from: BigMan15 on February 28, 2016, 11:20:02 am
Ned's let's start by you saying ECS first

I would take that on , but I truly am not close enough any longer to do that cd is better this year to offer that insight

WhiteRiverMonster

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 28, 2016, 10:02:56 am
They better get extra support on those goals. Dunk fest 2.0.

+1, I think the only real question is, how am I supposed to get any work done today (Monday) when I have this many awesome games coming late in the week.

Batman44

Work, work? You talkin bout work? I mean, it's only work.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WhiteRiverMonster on February 29, 2016, 08:32:20 am
+1, I think the only real question is, how am I supposed to get any work done today (Monday) when I have this many awesome games coming late in the week.

Sounds like the predicament that I am in. Our game is Wednesday night and I am scheduled Wednesday night for work. No coverage for this guy. So I will be listening to it. Unless ECS decides to stream the game.

cdelaney

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 29, 2016, 08:57:48 am
Sounds like the predicament that I am in. Our game is Wednesday night and I am scheduled Wednesday night for work. No coverage for this guy. So I will be listening to it. Unless ECS decides to stream the game.
It will be streamed. Sometimes it's great quality and sometimes it's iffy. It worked great last Thursday and bad Friday (maybe correlates with how bad the Wildcats are playing?). Just Google episcopalcollegiate livestream. Or get Buck Fever to work for you. I don't think he's a basketball fan.

Proud Buckaroo

Thanks, CD. But.... I'm not sure that would be a good idea. Considering the field of work I am in. We wouldn't want this place to blow up or anything. I'll check it out and see if it works. If not. I will listen to it on 92.7. If anyone else wants to listen. If the stream won't work. You can download the "freed am sports app" on the App Store. Once you get the app open. Scroll to the bottom of the stations and click on the "Fox sports Camden." You can also go to the foxsportscamden website and scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the play button on the audio player.

cdelaney

Quote from: neds on February 28, 2016, 12:46:09 pm
I would take that on , but I truly and not close enough any longer to do that cd is better this year to offer that insight
This is pretty easy, I think everybody knows more about ECS  than most of the other teams, based on what they lost from past 2 years. They rely on their two stars to carry the load on scoring, defending the other team's scorers, and about half of their rebounds. When Freeman and Robinson are hitting outside shots, the Wildcats are tough; when they aren't, they lose. There are two other guards who can shoot, both have had good scoring games at times, but they haven't played well in post-season yet. Their inside game is the biggest weakness, and they have consistently been killed on the boards.
They can beat any other team on their side of the bracket, but they could go home in any round. I'm not sure what happened when they beat Jessieville on Saturday, but otherwise they have not been playing well the past 2 weeks.

BigMan15

February 29, 2016, 10:14:51 am #46 Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:53:36 am by BigMan15
Charleston Tigers 23-6

BIG Wins
Lincoln x2          Paris x3
Two Rivers       Southside
Arkadelphia       Lamar x4

Big Losses
Van Buren          LR Hall
Bryant                Two Rivers
Paris                   Pottsville

Players Lost from Last year
Taylor King Starter
Hayden Newhart
Andrew Smith  All State
Matthew Ward All State x3
Dylan Lenihan
Tyler Skeets  Starter

Charleston Starters
Phillip Hampton 6'3 JR Post  6 PPG 4 RPG 0.5 APG 0.5 SPG 
Chase Ewing 6'2 Sophomore Guard  11 PPG 2.9 RPG 1.8 APG        39 Three Pointers
Brandon Fenner 6'4 JR Guard  25.0 PPG 5.7 RPG  2.5 APG 1.4 SPG 0.4 BPG   105 Three Pointers
Wade Gerlick 6'2 SR Post 3.0 PPG 4.5 RPG 1.8 APG 0.6 SPG
Michael Ward 6'5 SR Post  8.0 PPG 4.5 RPG 0.9 APG 0.7 SPG 0.4 BPG

Bench
Jackson Rowland 6'1 JR Guard 5.0 PPG 2.1 RPG 1.2 APG   38 Three Pointers
Justin Haney 6'4 JR Guard  2.0 PPG 1.4 RPG 0.8 APG

Coach
BJ Ross  Two State Semis, State Runner up
Ryan Meyers
Dylan Lenihan

ReddieKnightTrojan

The best thing that Jessieville has going for them is that Wednesday's game is at 2:30 when most Centerpoint fans are at work. I like the Knight's chances against a team that is coming off of two losses. Also, Daley, Cox, and Brunt have played summer ball together since who knows when so they know each other very well. I love the fact that no one is giving Centerpoint a chance...3A-8 people said they would struggle with Lakeside - 66-44 They said we didn't have a chance against McGehee - 50-36 They said Smackover would run us out of our own gym - 64-61 Please keep saying that Centerpoint doesn't have a chance!

Proud Buckaroo

February 29, 2016, 10:28:22 am #48 Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:48:06 am by Proud Buckaroo
I said you would struggle with lake village because of their big man. I never said you wouldn't beat McGehee. One person said that. I knew the Smackover game was a good one. They were 8 seconds and a potential made shot away from losing that game. The difference in those three games is you are playing on Jessiville's home court. Yes, those three have played summer ball together... That just means they know how to stop one another. Which starter was it that was hurt for Centerpoint in the bonfire accident?

strongandsteady

Prescott's Starters:PG #1 Brandon Walker 5'9 Senior
SG #2 Derrick Thompson 5'11 Sophmore
SF #4 Bralyn Wilson 6'2 Junior
PF #5  Deonte Jamison 6'3 Junior
C #11 Ryan Johnson 6'4 Freshman
Heavy Subs: C #22 Kadarius Pearson 6'2 Sophmore PG #10 James Tidwell 5'7 Senior  PF #21 Nikkell Davis 6'2 JR

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas