• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking The New Hires

Started by athletic supporter, December 08, 2012, 08:39:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

athletic supporter

It was debated as to which job was the best in the SEC with a coaching vacancy. After looking at the hires made by each team, I think it's obvious as to which job is the best. Here's my ranking:

1. Arkansas - Bret Bielema...established winner who led Wisconsin for the past 7 years, winning Big 10 championships the last 3 years.

2. Tennessee - Butch Jones...won at Cincinnati in his 3 years there. Followed Brian Kelly and kept the ball rolling.

3. Auburn - Gus Malzahn...1 year as a head coach at the college level. He won at Arkansas State who had the best player in the conference (Ryan Aplin) returning. Has proven he can win with other people's players. I hope he does well at Auburn.

4. Kentucky - Mark Stoops...never been a head coach at the collegiate level. His last name got him the job (see brother Mike at Arizona). When he gets fired in 2 years, lucky for him his brother, Bob, will hire him at Oklahoma just like he did Mike after getting the axe at Arizona.

Remember, each of these teams went after the coach they wanted or thought they could get. If you think my ranking of the jobs is crazy, please rank them yourself and make points as to why you feel differently.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas