• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 5A West...

Started by Go Postal, March 02, 2015, 11:51:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbert

May 02, 2015, 09:38:29 am #50 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:03:40 am by hogbert
Quote from: Sir Alex on May 01, 2015, 09:51:53 pm
I don't think that any team can count on anything playing at Hope.  The beauty of the state tournament is that every game is elimination and anything can happen at anytime, Weather, officials, loss of key players etc etc...  Should be interesting to see how things unfold.  The predictions may be correct and on paper they probably are.  In the end you have to beat good teams to win a state title no matter what classification it is.

completely agree with this. LRCA VB have been playing the last three games without two starters. A senior forward and a winger. Should get the forward back, but winger is gone for the season. Like that they are still winning and haven't given up a goal is last 7 or so games. That always tends to keep you in a game.

sevenof400

While we are looking at this, what are we to make of the Maumelle Hornets?  They really are about the most unimpressive boys team I have seen this year from the standpoint of putting one on the edge of their seat (not a lot of flash in these Hornets). 

What they do well is move the ball, and take care of the little things so that they do not become big problems.  They maintain their shape quite well too.  A team that can be very much described as a 'lunch pail' sort of team.  In the two games with us this year, one really struggles to put a finger on any one player who really beats you until you realize that a lot of solid (if not outstanding) performances across the board just took you to the woodshed.

Maumelle will be a tough out because they are quite balanced.  If they get ahead of you, good luck breaking them down.  Now how will Maumelle react if they get behind? 

Their final game of the conference season is against LRCA and that should be a dandy.

HP14

This Friday's final game between Maumelle and LRCA is getting interesting with the weather outlook currently.  Should be a very good game between two very good teams. 

Go Postal

Quote from: HP14 on May 06, 2015, 10:50:17 am
This Friday's final game between Maumelle and LRCA is getting interesting with the weather outlook currently.  Should be a very good game between two very good teams.
see my comment on this game on this thread...

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=141556.msg3158306#new

;D  No matter the outcome, GO WEST in the playoffs!

Go Postal

Congratulations to Maumelle boys and LRCA girls for going undefeated this season.  Getting the West conference Champs.  Now we turn to 5A playoffs.  There is also some good teams out there.  Single elimination.  Don't be fooled by the underdogs, because they fought their way here in conference play, to get to the playoffs.

I'm a Harrison/West conference/Arkansas 5A fan.  Do the best that you can do, Prove that you're worthy and make the other team think about next year. ;)

GO 5A WEST!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas