• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Soccer

Started by KCShinn21, February 26, 2015, 11:57:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KCShinn21

As the season sets to kick off next week, who are the teams to watch in 4A soccer around the state? Boys? Girls?

apache_nation

Dardanelle is going to be tough.  That Holloway guy does a great job coaching.  Fun to watch.

faith

What other teams in 4A are going to be good? Hear there are a lot of teams added soccer this season, is that true?

KCShinn21

Quote from: faith on February 27, 2015, 01:22:58 pm
What other teams in 4A are going to be good? Hear there are a lot of teams added soccer this season, is that true?

In Northwest Arkansas, Prairie Grove and Lead Hill have officially added teams this year although Prairie Grove played games last year but not in a conference.

faith

Quote from: KCShinn21 on February 27, 2015, 10:01:52 pm
Quote from: faith on February 27, 2015, 01:22:58 pm

In Northwest Arkansas, Prairie Grove and Lead Hill have officially added teams this year although Prairie Grove played games last year but not in a conference.

In Southeast Arkansas, Star City and Hermitage have officially added teams this year as well.  Hermitage played games last year but not in conference.  It's great to see soccer growing so much state wide.

HeberFan

Heber has a new team this year. First-ever game is March 3.

faith

Are there any 4A games being played this week?  I'm sure some games have been canceled due to weather..  Who is playing & Where?

AirWarren

Look for warren to make another good run.

HeberFan

Heber played first games of their program on Tuesday against Lisa Academy. Lady Panthers won 4-0 and Panthers won 2-0. Rained much of the boy's game.

Arbitro

Quote from: HeberFan on March 03, 2015, 10:45:21 pm
Heber played first games of their program on Tuesday against Lisa Academy. Lady Panthers won 4-0 and Panthers won 2-0. Rained much of the boy's game.
Which teams are the panthers?

Lionheart88

Episcopal Collegiate looked very good Monday night against Catholic, winning 4-1.  It was Catholic's JV squad, but even so.  That same night ECS's girls lost 5-1 to Central's varsity girls, but the score line is deceptive; it was 2-1 with 10 minutes left in the game, once Catholic hit the 3rd one ECS kind of unraveled.

In south Arkansas, Warren has built a pretty stout program the past 3 years (especially on the boys side), if they continue building they'll be a tough out this year.

Then there's CAC, they're always good.  I heard one of the Hatcher girls is helping coach this year.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Arbitro on March 04, 2015, 08:24:59 am

Arbitro,

The Panthers hail from Heber Springs.  Congrats go out to them on their first wins in their first year!

AirWarren

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 04, 2015, 08:32:25 am
Episcopal Collegiate looked very good Monday night against Catholic, winning 4-1.  It was Catholic's JV squad, but even so.  That same night ECS's girls lost 5-1 to Central's varsity girls, but the score line is deceptive; it was 2-1 with 10 minutes left in the game, once Catholic hit the 3rd one ECS kind of unraveled.

In south Arkansas, Warren has built a pretty stout program the past 3 years (especially on the boys side), if they continue building they'll be a tough out this year.

Then there's CAC, they're always good.  I heard one of the Hatcher girls is helping coach this year.

With our Hispanic population, good coaching, and kids willing to play this sport new to south Arkansas, we have had a great turnout. Plus some kids find sports like baseball or basketball boring so they can compete at a high level with soccer. Proud of our program.

LighthouseSoccer

We are starting our first year of High School Soccer here at Lighthouse Academies Charter School in Jacksonville.  The guys are ready to get our first year going (if the weather would ever allow for that).  We're anxious to see how we match up against other schools that are much bigger than us.  I'm just looking forward to starting the program and meeting some fellow 4A coaches.  If everything goes to plan, we'll be starting our season on Monday at Heber Springs.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: LighthouseSoccer on March 04, 2015, 01:12:38 pm
We are starting our first year of High School Soccer here at Lighthouse Academies Charter School in Jacksonville.  The guys are ready to get our first year going (if the weather would ever allow for that).  We're anxious to see how we match up against other schools that are much bigger than us.  I'm just looking forward to starting the program and meeting some fellow 4A coaches.  If everything goes to plan, we'll be starting our season on Monday at Heber Springs.

Welcome to the world of high school soccer! It's always an exciting time to start the season, and it's even better when more and more schools begin their soccer programs. Good luck this season!

Arbitro

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 04, 2015, 08:34:11 am
Quote from: Arbitro on March 04, 2015, 08:24:59 am

Arbitro,

The Panthers hail from Heber Springs.  Congrats go out to them on their first wins in their first year!
I pretty much guessed that from the context.  My post was more of a subtle reminder that this message board serves the whole state, and people from more distant locales may not know the school mascots.

Congratulations to Heber Springs and good luck going forward this season.

TrackGrad

Too bad in SWARK its all about baseball..

Lionheart88

Quote from: TrackGrad on March 04, 2015, 11:17:25 pm
I see you've never been to DeQueen.

HeberFan

Weather canceled what would have been a good tournament at Greenbrier this weekend.

sevenof400

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 05, 2015, 11:10:17 am
Quote from: TrackGrad on March 04, 2015, 11:17:25 pm
I see you've never been to DeQueen.
It should be noted DeQueen is now in 5A.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on March 04, 2015, 11:58:06 am

With our Hispanic population, good coaching, and kids willing to play this sport new to south Arkansas, we have had a great turnout. Plus some kids find sports like baseball or basketball boring so they can compete at a high level with soccer. Proud of our program.

Are we playing at the old Axley Field this year?

Badger

Episcopal Collegiate looked very good Monday night against Catholic, winning 4-1. It was Catholic's JV squad, but even so. That same night ECS's girls lost 5-1 to Central's varsity girls, but the score line is deceptive; it was 2-1 with 10 minutes left in the game, once Catholic hit the 3rd one ECS kind of unraveled.

Episcopal boys should fare well in 4A, but I don't think the win against Catholic's JV is noteworthy.  7-8 out of 10 starting field players for Catholic's JV are freshman.  The entire bench, save 1, are freshman, and the Catholic coach subbed liberally.  Episcopal's goals came mainly on defensive breakdowns and taking advantage of its speed/strength advantage, not superior link-up play.  That being said, Episcopal has some quality players with tons of speed who could play at any level in the state.

The score was 4-1 at the half, and then, the freshmen seemed to settle down.  However, Episcopal's best player didn't play much, if at all, in second half, which helped Catholic.  But, poor officiating hurt Catholic in the second half - one of Catholic's wings was pulled down from behind in the box for sure, once, possibly twice, with no calls (that's 2 possible goals for Catholic).  The same player also missed inches wide on a breakaway strike.  So, this game could have easily been a one goal game/tie.

Not trying to start a fight or take anything away from Episcopal, like I said they should fare well in 4A, just trying to keep this game in its proper perspective.  They play again later in the season.

AirWarren

Romeo, I am unsure but I'll check on that.

Warren played in the 1st annual seark soccer classic this weekend hosted by the Monticello billies.

Warren took home the title going 4-0.

Match scores:
Warren 6 Hamburg 2
Warren 5 arkadelphia 1
Warren 7 Monticello 0
Warren 6 hamburg 0

Outscored opponents 24-3

Good start for the soccer jacks.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Badger on March 09, 2015, 11:19:11 am
Episcopal Collegiate looked very good Monday night against Catholic, winning 4-1. It was Catholic's JV squad, but even so. That same night ECS's girls lost 5-1 to Central's varsity girls, but the score line is deceptive; it was 2-1 with 10 minutes left in the game, once Catholic hit the 3rd one ECS kind of unraveled.

Episcopal boys should fare well in 4A, but I don't think the win against Catholic's JV is noteworthy.  7-8 out of 10 starting field players for Catholic's JV are freshman.  The entire bench, save 1, are freshman, and the Catholic coach subbed liberally.  Episcopal's goals came mainly on defensive breakdowns and taking advantage of its speed/strength advantage, not superior link-up play.  That being said, Episcopal has some quality players with tons of speed who could play at any level in the state.

The score was 4-1 at the half, and then, the freshmen seemed to settle down.  However, Episcopal's best player didn't play much, if at all, in second half, which helped Catholic. But, poor officiating hurt Catholic in the second half - one of Catholic's wings was pulled down from behind in the box for sure, once, possibly twice, with no calls (that's 2 possible goals for Catholic).  The same player also missed inches wide on a breakaway strike.  So, this game could have easily been a one goal game/tie.

Not trying to start a fight or take anything away from Episcopal, like I said they should fare well in 4A, just trying to keep this game in its proper perspective.  They play again later in the season.
::)

Badger

???

Not surprisingly, we each saw different things Monday night.  Good luck to Episcopal, I'm a fan.

Lionheart88

I'm really not, I just happened to be at the game.  But good luck to them nonetheless.

HeberFan

Heber defeated Jacksonville LC today 3-1 in a cold, steady rain. Impressed with Jacksonville's ability to handle the ball and apply pressure. Good game and both teams played hard. Heber is now 2-0 on the season.

KCShinn21

Girls
Huntsville 2
Shiloh 1

LighthouseSoccer

Quote from: HeberFan on March 09, 2015, 08:00:37 pm
Heber defeated Jacksonville LC today 3-1 in a cold, steady rain. Impressed with Jacksonville's ability to handle the ball and apply pressure. Good game and both teams played hard. Heber is now 2-0 on the season.

Really enjoyed this hard-fought game in Heber Springs.  We thorougly enjoyed playing against an obviously very disciplined team.

Because of weather cancellations, we no longer have a full schedule.  If anyone is interested, we could play next Monday or Tuesday, March 16 or 17.  If anyone has an open date and needs an extra warm up game before conference games, let me know.

HeberFan

Any games this week ?

Lionheart88

Warren is at White Hall tomorrow.

HeberFan

What was the Warren vs. White Hall score?  Heber travels to Jacksonville LC today for a 5 pm game.

AirWarren

SoccerJacks 3 white hall 2
Lady jacks 0 white hall 1

LighthouseSoccer

VB- Jacksonville Lighthouse vs. Heber Springs

2-2 draw in a closely matched non-conference game

faith

Are there any other 4A games going on anywhere?  Or is everyone's field under water?  This might be the wettest start to the season I have seen in years!

LighthouseSoccer

Quote from: faith on March 18, 2015, 01:14:36 pm
Are there any other 4A games going on anywhere?  Or is everyone's field under water?  This might be the wettest start to the season I have seen in years!

We (Jacksonville Lighthouse) have been able to play a couple of games on turf and a couple on muddy fields.  We have a game scheduled tomorrow against St. Joseph's in Conway, if today's rain doesn't change that. 

faith

Quote from: LighthouseSoccer on March 18, 2015, 01:20:07 pm

We (Jacksonville Lighthouse) have been able to play a couple of games on turf and a couple on muddy fields.  We have a game scheduled tomorrow against St. Joseph's in Conway, if today's rain doesn't change that.

I think teams with turf are the ones that are getting to play right now!! Grass fields seem to be super wet and muddy! 

LighthouseSoccer

Quote from: faith on March 18, 2015, 01:51:33 pm
Quote from: LighthouseSoccer on March 18, 2015, 01:20:07 pm

I think teams with turf are the ones that are getting to play right now!! Grass fields seem to be super wet and muddy!

The park where we play has actually been flooded.  We've been fortunate enough to find turf fields to play on.  But if you look at the bright side, the teams without turf will be more prepared for wet and muddy conditions.

Basketball13

Subiaco is 2-1

Vs. Clarksville (0-1) Loss

@ Rogers Heritage JV (6-0) Win

Vs. Academics Plus (11-0) Win

The Coach

March 20, 2015, 12:14:42 am #39 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:17:26 pm by The Coach
Dardanelle Boys are 15-0 (11-0) heading into state

Beat Clarksville 1-0, Morrilton 3-0, Vilonia 3-1, Berryville 2-0,Gentry 3-1, Green Forest 2-0, Bergman 9-0, Lead Hill 8-2, P.G. 2-1, Eureka Springs 6-1, Danville 1-0, Subiaco 2-1, Clarksville JV 4-0, Huntsville 2-0, Decatur 1-0

Dardanelle Girls Finished 5-7-1 (4-5)
Beat Morrilton 3-0,Bergman 3-1, P.G. 3-2,Eureka Springs 2-0, Danville 2-1

Lost to Clarksville 4-1, Vilonia 4-1, Berryville 1-0,Gentry 7-0, Green Forest 1-0, Shiloh 6-0, Huntsville 2-0

Tied Carksville 2-2

AnonymousFan

From what I've heard Decatur Beat Subiaco in their conference match up
Making Decatur 1-0 conference

KCShinn21

Girls
Huntsville 6
Eureka Springs 0

Boys

Huntsville 3
Eureka Springs 0

DHS#1

Danville- 1 vs berryville- 4 (G) 0-3-1
Danville- 2 vs berryville- 0 (B) 3-0-1

Leon

Danville Soccer

Girls- (0-3-1)
@Russellville 6-0 (L)
Clarksville 5-3 (L)
Conway St. Joe 3-3 (D)
*Berryville 4-1 (L)

Boys- (3-0-1)
@Russellville 2-2 (D)
Clarksville 8-1 (W)
Conway St Joe 7-4 (W)
*Berryville 2-0 (W)

Both teams play *Huntsville this Friday 4/3 @Home girls starting @5

The Coach

Quote from: Leon on April 02, 2015, 01:39:16 pm
Danville Soccer

Girls- (0-3-1)
@Russellville 6-0 (L)
Clarksville 5-3 (L)
Conway St. Joe 3-3 (D)
*Berryville 4-1 (L)

Boys- (3-0-1)
@Russellville JV 2-2 (D)
Clarksville JV 8-1 (W)
Conway St Joe 7-4 (W)
*Berryville 2-0 (W)

Leon

VS Clarksville I think I saw some Varsity or might have been a mix. Did Dardanelle play vs Clarksville Varsity?

Quote from: The Coach on April 02, 2015, 09:14:34 pm
Danville Soccer

Girls- (0-3-1)
@Russellville 6-0 (L)
Clarksville 5-3 (L)
Conway St. Joe 3-3 (D)
*Berryville 4-1 (L)

Boys- (3-0-1)
@Russellville JV 2-2 (D)
Clarksville JV 8-1 (W)
Conway St Joe 7-4 (W)
*Berryville 2-0 (W)

KCShinn21

Girls
Huntsville 6
Danville 0

Boys
Huntsville 2
Danville 4

The Coach

Quote from: Leon on April 03, 2015, 02:44:32 pm
VS Clarksville I think I saw some Varsity or might have been a mix. Did Dardanelle play vs Clarksville Varsity?

Quote from: The Coach on April 02, 2015, 09:14:34 pm
Danville Soccer

Girls- (0-3-1)
@Russellville 6-0 (L)
Clarksville 5-3 (L)
Conway St. Joe 3-3 (D)
*Berryville 4-1 (L)

Boys- (3-0-1)
@Russellville JV 2-2 (D)
Clarksville JV 8-1 (W)
Conway St Joe 7-4 (W)
*Berryville 2-0 (W)

Clarksville Varsity played Harrison the next day in a conference game so I'm sure Coach Qualls played his JV in that game. Yes Dardanelle played Clarksvilles Varsity.

Leon

Leon

Danville Soccer

Girls- (0-4-1)
@Russellville 6-0 (L)
Clarksville 5-3 (L)
Conway St. Joe 3-3 (D)
*Berryville 4-1 (L)
*Huntsville 6-0 (L)

Boys- (4-0-1)
@Russellville JV 2-2 (D)
Clarksville JV 8-1 (W)