• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great season Clarendon Lions

Started by MomaLion, March 07, 2015, 07:33:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

I'm proud of my kiddos win, lose or draw. We didn't play well and Mineral Springs wanted it more. Good game to all and good luck to the teams still playing. God Bless  :)

amehr36

THA TRUTH

WPWells

Donnie Jamon

Well said. Still have many memories with that reg season. No shame here

NEAsupporter

Very great season to yall. Very good team, just didn't come out with the win today. Happens to the best of them.

Bigditchlion

Great season Clarendon!! Yall are a great team

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Stupid fouls and missed free throws ended that run.

Mineral springs did what they had to do

MomaLion

I'm still following everyone so keep the posts coming..I know I didn't have cell reception in the area but some do.

NEAsupporter

Quote from: MomaLion on March 07, 2015, 07:58:17 pm
I'm still following everyone so keep the posts coming..I know I didn't have cell reception in the area but some do.
Mine's been in and out. They usually have great wifi but they put a passcode on it this year for some reason.

MomaLion

It all balances out in the end Pick, you said it...they did what they needed to win and I wish them luck in their coming games.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I found a spot to stand to get service

NEAsupporter

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 07, 2015, 08:02:00 pm
By the glass doors in the corner of the gym?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: NEAsupporter on March 07, 2015, 08:04:38 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 07, 2015, 08:02:00 pm
By the glass doors in the corner of the gym?

Standing behind visitors basket on deck.

Come say hi if you're here.

NEark tigers

Bodyguard

That South is tough, 4 seed taking down the Pre-Madonna, Wow...

Donnie Jamon

Ventman

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 07, 2015, 08:12:33 pm
Any given day.
yep, this is what I like about basketball. You just never know. Congrats to both teams!

bigworm

Congrats to Clarendon! Great kids who have worked hard and had a great year. Sucks to have the only slip of the year in the state tourny. But hey, its just a game. Keep your heads up guys. You will have better times than you can imagine as life goes by.

Lions84

Great season and a tough ending.

leedog95

Clarendon just looked shaky from the start of this game not sure if the delayed games caused this but, they didn't impress me at all maybe they just had a bad game??? Boy it was a bad time to have a bad game. I feel for those young men this will sting for a long time...

MomaLion

They had a very bad game, just couldn't get rolling. Who knows...I know how amazing they are so I'm fine with it.

mr.gametime

Number 32 from mineral springs was a beast ...he pretty much put there team on his back ....I thought Clarendon might try to attack the basket because he was on the court with 4 fouls...and try to foul him out... He hit to clutch free throws at the end of the game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 07, 2015, 11:19:18 pm
Number 32 from mineral springs was a beast ...he pretty much put there team on his back ....I thought Clarendon might try to attack the basket because he was on the court with 4 fouls...and try to foul him out... He hit to clutch free throws at the end of the game.

I didn't understand why they didn't go at him either. He definitely was their best player.

Rackjack74

Quote from: NEAsupporter on March 07, 2015, 07:59:40 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 07, 2015, 07:58:17 pm
Mine's been in and out. They usually have great wifi but they put a passcode on it this year for some reason.

I had the wifi password but the school server blocks FF because its a "forum" so it's cellular or nothing. I would think they would unblock these type websites during state tourny.

keohog

Congrats to the Red Lions on a good season.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Bodyguard on March 07, 2015, 08:15:49 pm

When was that, prior to 1983 or so?

mtindian42

Congrats to Clarendon for a great season and ms now becomes a team to watch

Bodyguard

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on March 08, 2015, 02:17:50 pm
Quote from: Bodyguard on March 07, 2015, 08:15:49 pm

When was that, prior to 1983 or so?

2015, people practically gave them a state title before the tournament was even started. That's why I'm struggling to understand how losing in the first round to a 4th seed equals a Great Season, it seems like a let down to me.

Bigditchlion

District and regional champs! 1 lose. That sounds like a good season.

THA TRUTH

Yea but those weren't the goal for this season

Pit Bull

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 09, 2015, 07:40:41 am
District and regional champs! 1 lose. That sounds like a good season.

I would say okay season at best.

BoxNOne

No doubt this was a terrible loss by Clarendon that has taken a lot of the luster off of their season. Still a very good season but not great.

Bigditchlion

So y'all are saying anything less than a state championship is an ok season? Wow that's crazy talk!  I hope England wins it but if we don't I still consider it better than an ok season

redrider30

Great season. It's over. Like the Cub's always say there's always next year.

jbtiger73

I know it's looking ahead. But what will they be like next season with all that talent leaving?

bigworm

man, i could be completely wrong but i just don't see how they could lose RO and be anywhere close to the same team. much less losing 4 of the 5 starters. but like i said, i could be wrong.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on March 09, 2015, 11:57:45 am
man, i could be completely wrong but i just don't see how they could lose RO and be anywhere close to the same team. much less losing 4 of the 5 starters. but like i said, i could be wrong.

I'm still trying to figure out how they blew a double digit lead and lost to mineral springs. 😕

Cheek

This was a really bad deal for Clarendon and all their fans.  If they played MS ten more times, Clarendon would likely win all ten by double digits.   In watching the Clarendon players, they never had a sense of urgency in their eyes until the last 3.5 seconds.  I thought MS players and Coaching Staff did an excellent job managing the game and keeping it close until the end.   The sad thing is people will remember this Clarendom team, but it will be because they failed to win it all.   

Clarendon lost the house, and I do not see them being much of a factor next year.   I figure the 6AA title will have to go through Brinkley next year.

CT

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 09, 2015, 12:08:45 pm
Quote from: bigworm on March 09, 2015, 11:57:45 am

I'm still trying to figure out how they blew a double digit lead and lost to mineral springs. 😕
they missed too many free throws, and mineral springs played hard in the 4th and made most of theirs .

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 09, 2015, 10:23:06 am
So y'all are saying anything less than a state championship is an ok season? Wow that's crazy talk!  I hope England wins it but if we don't I still consider it better than an ok season

When it wasn't what they truly wanted then yes it was

Dragon I

It's perception.  Different schools have different thoughts on success. 

jbtiger73

Quote from: Cheek on March 09, 2015, 12:22:59 pm
This was a really bad deal for Clarendon and all their fans.  If they played MS ten more times, Clarendon would likely win all ten by double digits.   In watching the Clarendon players, they never had a sense of urgency in their eyes until the last 3.5 seconds.  I thought MS players and Coaching Staff did an excellent job managing the game and keeping it close until the end.   The sad thing is people will remember this Clarendom team, but it will be because they failed to win it all.   

Clarendon lost the house, and I do not see them being much of a factor next year.   I figure the 6AA title will have to go through Brinkley next year.
Augusta will still be pretty decent, but not near as good as this year's team. Kipp will be okay. they lose quite a bit as well. Clarendon will still be very competitive and very athletic as long as coach Kendrick is there. just wonder will they still play those very tough early season tournaments with their top guns graduating. if I know coach, he' definitely not afraid to play anyone, and will be a good gauge on what the potential for the conference season could be. and as for Brinkley, with everyone returning next season, we might not be as highly regarded going into next season as clarendon was going into this season, which may be a good thing. so that the players might not get the big head going into conf. play. coach already told me that they're planning on playing in some very competitive tournaments next season. which should make them better, seeing, and playing better competition. something we haven't really done since we were a regular top 5 or 10 team in the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

ISU7

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 09, 2015, 10:23:06 am
Bigditchlion, you know that is only being said because it didnt happen like they thought it would. Every team in the tourney want to be champions. FACT... 8) 8) 8)

MomaLion

We're proud of our guys regardless.  They have the talent but more important, they have good sportsmanship and have been given the morals and guidance to succeed in life.  Would we go back and do it over and try to get the win, of course but it's not God's plan for them right now.
As for next year, of course it'll be a hit to lose the seniors however I wouldn't count them out.  We still have a few that have started several games and several that have gotten good play time as well as having moved up a talented group from Jr high.
Regardless, i'll be right there win, lose or draw  :)

Bigditchlion

No doubt isu, everyone wants the hardware. Success isn't solely measured on one game but a body of work. Jmio

MomaLion

Butch_Cassidy

I know those kids from clarendon and Holly they have worked hard to get to the state championship game.  The did have a pretty good year and much respect should be given to these boys, there coach, and the community.  Several factors play into a win and a loss.  I believe that if Clarendon played them another 9 times there record would be 9-1 but we all know that's not going to happen.  Congrats to the Lions on a nearly perfect season 30-1.  so when was the last time a 2aa school cracked the states top 10

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on March 10, 2015, 01:48:52 pm
I know those kids from clarendon and Holly they have worked hard to get to the state championship game.  The did have a pretty good year and much respect should be given to these boys, there coach, and the community.  Several factors play into a win and a loss.  I believe that if Clarendon played them another 9 times there record would be 9-1 but we all know that's not going to happen.  Congrats to the Lions on a nearly perfect season 30-1.  so when was the last time a 2aa school cracked the states top 10

+1, this is the first post you have made that was a worthy post. I agree on the 9-1 thing too, they just lost the one time at the wrong time.

Lions84

I am proud of the boys and hope they can enjoy the off season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas