• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Region?

Started by Yak, March 02, 2015, 10:22:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yak

Someone mentioned to me there were no more all-region tourney team selections. Is this true and anyone know why?

redrider30

In the north there was none last year but there was this year. Who decides this anyway? I would have thought this was a AAA thing.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I might as well go ahead & say it. I  know someone will.    It must be a Taylor thing.  By the way I think they missed it on the boys the MVP should have went to the guard from EPC. 

MikelB

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on March 02, 2015, 12:24:46 pm
I might as well go ahead & say it. I  know someone will.    It must be a Taylor thing.  By the way I think they missed it on the boys the MVP should have went to the guard from EPC.

+1

aroundthehorn1

No the MVP always goes to the team that wins the Tournament. The Reed kid had a great tournament but didn't lead his team to the championship.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: aroundthehorn1 on March 02, 2015, 12:37:51 pm
No the MVP always goes to the team that wins the Tournament. The Reed kid had a great tournament but didn't lead his team to the championship.

That it does & that's a shame.   

Mustangfans

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on March 02, 2015, 12:24:46 pm

I was thinking the same thing about it being a Taylor or somehow BIC's fault.

Lions84

Some one got a sore head over Little Johnny not getting award so they nixed it.

redrider30

If state doesn't have all tournament team then there shouldn't be one. AAA should take care of that.

dragon67

All-state teams are chosen by coaches in a conference meeting and will be announced at a later date after the state tournament.  I don't remember if the all-state tournament team is announced in Hot Springs or at a
later date.

redrider30

All state players from each district are voted on by coaches. All State Tournament players are selected by your own coach and how many you get depends on how many games you win. In the north all region team was selected just like all state tournament team by your own coach. There is no voting by coaches and let's face it all conference teams are also selected by your own coach the voting is just a formality of who your own coach wants on there. Those are the facts.

Ctucker

You are exactly right red rider .

Cheek

Quote from: redrider30 on March 03, 2015, 06:28:11 am
All state players from each district are voted on by coaches. All State Tournament players are selected by your own coach and how many you get depends on how many games you win. In the north all region team was selected just like all state tournament team by your own coach. There is no voting by coaches and let's face it all conference teams are also selected by your own coach the voting is just a formality of who your own coach wants on there. Those are the facts.

Your child will get over it, let it go.   All Conference is selected by the Coach.  The All-State selections, three from each conference , are selected by all the Coaches at the conference meeting.  It is done by vote

redrider30

Just stating facts doesn't effect my kids they are good enough I don't have to worry about it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas