• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A North Region Tournament @ Buffalo Island Central

Started by HorseFeathers, February 22, 2015, 08:55:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballfan1

February 25, 2015, 08:34:55 pm #50 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:01:38 pm by Ballfan1
Wanted to post something positive about both teams not start a debate.

RedWolf275

BIC was 4th in 2a-3 with an 8-6 conference record.

bigworm

Mustangfans

Ctucker

They are not.good luck to 2a3 in state. Mark tree played well and got the victory. We did not shoot worth a flip from field or free throw line.MT played a better game.Refs made no difference but yall are right y'all's refs suck too.Just want to say the mark tree kids are very good kids talked to some after game very polite.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Ctucker

First time to see marmadukes girls very impressed. Who ever plays them in state that team to to start guarding bopp in the parking lot that was impressive range.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on February 25, 2015, 11:26:23 pm
First time to see marmadukes girls very impressed. Who ever plays them in state that team to to start guarding bopp in the parking lot that was impressive range.

From how they talk about her on here, that may not be soon enough....

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ctucker on February 25, 2015, 10:28:31 pm
They are not.good luck to 2a3 in state. Mark tree played well and got the victory. We did not shoot worth a flip from field or free throw line.MT played a better game.Refs made no difference but yall are right y'all's refs suck too.Just want to say the mark tree kids are very good kids talked to some after game very polite.
The MAC is a tough gym to shoot in. Tight rims there. MT has played pretty well here of late.

birddawg1986

Yeah.. Looks like its going to be a short stay for the 2A District teams. I knew MT would win just took a little while to separate due to the officials blowing whistles ever 5 seconds. I would have given the officials an "F" for that game. Neither side could get into a rhythm. Looks like after today it will be 2 3A District all over again for Friday & Saturday night.

BIC girls #4 seed wins by 17 over top seed
Marmaduke girls win by 45
Marked Tree boys # 4 seed wins by 16  over top seed
BIC boys win by 26.

redrider30

Rims don't matter if you hit the bottom of the net. Lol.

BoxNOne

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 26, 2015, 07:37:52 am
Yeah.. Looks like its going to be a short stay for the 2A District teams. I knew MT would win just took a little while to separate due to the officials blowing whistles ever 5 seconds. I would have given the officials an "F" for that game. Neither side could get into a rhythm. Looks like after today it will be 2 3A District all over again for Friday & Saturday night.

BIC boys win by 26.

The older guy(he looks like Howdy Doody for the older posters) reffing the MT-WCC game is one of the worst in the area and has been for years.The funny part is that he thinks he is good at it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 26, 2015, 07:55:50 am
Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 26, 2015, 07:37:52 am

BIC boys win by 26.

The older guy(he looks like Howdy Doody for the older posters) reffing the MT-WCC game is one of the worst in the area and has been for years.The funny part is that he thinks he is good at it.

Don't all of them think that way?

BoxNOne

I think most of them know that they miss calls. This guy never thinks he makes a mistake. What's the word I am looking for to describe him? Oh yes, I have it. Narcissist.

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on February 26, 2015, 07:48:34 am
Rims don't matter if you hit the bottom of the net. Lol.
True but seems teams that bounce. lol

Ctucker

Yes howdy doody blows his whistle way to much and makes calls from half court when there is a ref right on play that didn't call anything. But I wouldn't have mattered we didn't show up didn't attack basket like we usually do but I give the credit to mark tree. We have 3 returning starters next year and the tall boy that came of bench is tenth grader and we have another kid that lives in district that we think he is coming back he will be a tenth grader 6 3 shooting guard so maybe we can try again next year. Can't wait to watch state I'm only 10 miles from pangburn. I hope some body from our region can win it.

Ctucker

Red rider I didn't say nothing about rims we didn't shoot good period and I give mark tree credit so you don't have to be a jerk!

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Ctucker on February 26, 2015, 09:15:12 am
Red rider I didn't say nothing about rims we didn't shoot good period and I give mark tree credit so you don't have to be a jerk!

Red Rider can take up for himself but I think he may have been referring to Bopp since he is from Marmaduke.    She did put on a show. BUT I'm thinking Coach do you not watch the movies were the star gets hurt win they do not need to be playing. I'm thinking she has 20 at half she can get some popcorn & watch the 2nd half.     

As far as Howdy...   we have been having to deal with him & his sidekick  for years. 

NoPlace2

The Ref situation seems to be a real problem all across AR- I say that not only just because it's talked about on every Board in every class here but also because I witnessed it in the vast majority of the some 60 games I saw this year. My understanding is that Coaches in Missouri have to send in grades and evaluate Refs in every game and the State also sends out Graders to games on a random basis during the season and that is how they then choose which Refs are eligible to work the Post Season Playoffs. AR needs some type of similar system. I also think that Refs should be paid from one central location rather than from each school – would eliminate some of the hanky-panky that surely goes on. There are Good Refs, but far too many Bad ones in my opinion.

redrider30

February 26, 2015, 10:54:29 am #70 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:57:08 am by redrider30
Just stating facts about rims and lol means laugh out loud which means I was joking. WCC shouldn't have tried the slow game. MT is very good at being patient and getting a good shot, Coach Wilburn has always been good at it. WCC played right into her hands. I would like to compliment the players from WCC after the game. I thought their sportsmanship was as good as I've ever seen. They appear to be fine young men and for that I commend the parents and anyone else who had a role in that. That will go further in life than winning or loosing a basketball game. All of you at WCC should be very proud of them.

redrider30

I have a solution for referee problem. Go back to two referees, then you wouldn't have to have as many and you would have better referees because you wouldn't need as many to fill out the pool of officials, thus eliminating 1/3 of the worst officials especially during post season play.Also two referees wouldn't be worried about calling something in someone else's area and offending their buddy.  Probably wouldn't be as much called and players could decide the game on the court.

NoPlace2

RedWolf275

Quote from: redrider30 on February 26, 2015, 11:04:50 am
I have a solution for referee problem. Go back to two referees, then you wouldn't have to have as many and you would have better referees because you wouldn't need as many to fill out the pool of officials, thus eliminating 1/3 of the worst officials especially during post season play.Also two referees wouldn't be worried about calling something in someone else's area and offending their buddy.  Probably wouldn't be as much called and players could decide the game on the court.

I would love to see two referee crews. I think the main knock against a two man crew would be their ability to have total coverage of the 3 point line.

redrider30

They did it in the past. I never remember shooting a 3 and having it called a 2 when I played. There were always two officials.

NoPlace2

When I played HS Ball I shot from that range, but only counted as 2 - guess I'm giving away my age huh! lol

Head Lion

Quote from: redrider30 on February 26, 2015, 11:46:54 am
They did it in the past. I never remember shooting a 3 and having it called a 2 when I played. There were always two officials.
Yea, but they also had 3-4 minutes to get the ball out of the peach basket. ;D ;D ;D

NoPlace2

HaHa - well not quite that old - but not everywhere did we have glass backboards - graduated in "66

redrider30

Hey NoPlace 2 you are the same age as my dad. I remember my first Air Jordans and you probably remember your first Chuck Taylors. Lol.

NoPlace2

You are correct - Black/White Converse High Tops. The old ABA was first to have 3's and I think that was in late 60's or early 70's and took NBA a long time to do so - Cllege & High School was late 80's I think

redrider30

86-87 was the first season for the 3 pointer in Arkansas. It was an exciting announcement that was for sure.

Ctucker

The refs will not get any better because the triple a leader don't care he just wants paid for doing nothing.And we are proud of our boys and your right we shouldn't have played that tempo we should have went out and played aggressive win or loose I didn't understand it but I have to give our coach all the credit in the world for what he has done in 2 years. I apologize for my comment game still stings but I will be at state rooting for 2aNorth in every game they play I think the state champs could come out 2a north boys and girls. Not just saying that really believe it.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Ctucker on February 25, 2015, 10:28:31 pm

Ctucker we do hope you enjoyed your visit to the MAC. We are proud of it. I'm a little prejudice but I think it's one of the best gyms in 2A .  Not no mention the MAC Shak  best around.

Ctucker

You might be right on year but I think it was 87 88 my senior year. Of course we played in several gyms were you could not shoot a 3 from the side it was out of bounds.

Ctucker

I loved it pretty intimidating with all the state banners,great tradition thought it was awsome.were going to bid next year I think we are doing a major overhaul of our gym they have already started.i would love to come watch some of y'all's conference games next year it must be a dog fight just about every night.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

You need to make the trip back this weekend.  Yes this year with Earle back EPC,BIC,Marked Tree Riverside & Marmaduke. Anybody could win on any night. I have got to enjoy some good ballgames & not all ended like I wanted.  But some good cheap entertainment.

cotnhauler

Quote from: NoPlace2 on February 26, 2015, 12:18:28 pm
When I played HS Ball I shot from that range, but only counted as 2 - guess I'm giving away my age huh! lol
I used to shoot from that range too. My never counted for anything.

Ctucker

Would love to come back,but we have rotating schedule at work it's my weekend to work but I will be at state that's my sort week.One of yall need to bring it home let's keep that trophy in the north.

Ctucker

We should have a lot of fans there and I'm sure they will root for 2anorth I know I will. My motto is if you beat me I'm rooting for you.I hope all of our fans will do that.i was going up to root for ceder tonight but they moved that region back a day.

NoPlace2

Listening to the Girls game on radio - nothing but fouls 1st Q - already in penalty -Epc 9-6 end of 1 over Salem

Donnie Jamon

NoPlace2

Our local station in Salem-98.3 the River - announcer is worst I've ever listened to

NoPlace2

Salem was down 9 early in 2nd Q but managed to come back - tied up at 22 @ Half. Sounds pretty sloppy and neither team can make stick backs.

Ctucker

I hope yall pull it out no offense to epc but it would be nice if our conference would win a game. I don't think it will happen in boys but stranger things have happened.

NoPlace2

Salem played pretty good earlyier in year but last 6 or 7 games they just can't shoot worth a diddle - nothing close - better off from 18 feet - sounds like today is the same.

NoPlace2

Lost one of our best players/shooters 2nd to last reg season game(ACL) so I was skepticle about tourney play - we have two freshman they just brought up who are playing alot today but they are doing ok

NoPlace2

NoPlace2

NoPlace2

Final 44-42 EPC - didn't sound like either team played particularly well - our Girls had a chance at the end - just couldn't do it.

Ctucker

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas