• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 in 2014-15

Started by bbfan89, April 25, 2014, 07:03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

January 27, 2015, 04:57:29 pm #400 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:55:04 pm by NEark tigers
Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 26, 2015, 11:39:56 am
I think the Crawfordsville team of 1990 (Bohannon, Smith, Day) got runner up. They were coached by Jackie Kirbo back then. I think Billy Murray might have been at Altheimer back then but not sure. I remember Elliott Smith, and he was a beast.

I graduated from Crawfordsville in 1994...I was a team manager on that team. They finished the 1989-1990 season with a 32-4 record. We should have won the championship that season, but let's say some "female admirers" cost us to lose our focus in that game. Jackie Kirbo was one heck of a coach that got the most of his players and he left after that season. Billy Murray became coach at Crawfordsville from 1990 until the schools closing in 2004. The last time I seen Kirbo was in 2000 when Earle was playing in a state title game. Whatever happened to Kirbo since?

emthawg

I hate it also Box.  Bunch of great girls.

bdubyab60

EPC 26 Bay 22 halftime is what I just got texted

bdubyab60

EPC 36 Bay 35 headed to the 4th

bdubyab60

January 27, 2015, 08:51:38 pm #404 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:01:28 pm by bdubyab60
Bay 52 EPC 48 final. Not a bad showing on the road down 3 players.

Had to edit score

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 27, 2015, 08:51:38 pm

Had to edit score
I will give EPC credit they r better than I gave them credit for. Good luck the rest of the way.

BoxNOne

I would say a very good showing in a tough gym to win in.

Marked Tree 44-38 over Riverside. Rebels had plenty of chances but had a bad 4th quarter. They haven't played very well lately except for Bay game.

birddawg1986

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 24, 2015, 11:21:29 pm
Ain't nobody beating Earle from here on out. EPC would be the only team with a very slight chance. BIC might fall to 4th in district tourney if 3rd place game was played and not given to higher seed. Earle will make final four of state and EPC can make deep run
You can stick a fork in BIC cause they DONE !!!
Think the fork got stuck in and twisted tonight at the MAC Marmaduke pulls off the upset 64-60. Be ready BIC the Tree Top crowd will be rowdy Friday night + Sr night.

birddawg1986

Marmaduke 64 BIC 60
Marked Tree 44 Riverside 38
Rector 41 Cross Co 29
Earle 64 CRA 24
Bay 52 EPC 48

hssportfan

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on January 27, 2015, 09:24:02 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 27, 2015, 08:51:38 pm

Had to edit score
I will give EPC credit they r better than I gave them credit for. Good luck the rest of the way.
Good Bay team did what they had to do. Good luck the rest of the way.

MikelB

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 27, 2015, 09:41:22 pm
Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 24, 2015, 11:21:29 pm
Ain't nobody beating Earle from here on out. EPC would be the only team with a very slight chance. BIC might fall to 4th in district tourney if 3rd place game was played and not given to higher seed. Earle will make final four of state and EPC can make deep run
You can stick a fork in BIC cause they DONE !!!
Think the fork got stuck in and twisted tonight at the MAC Marmaduke pulls off the upset 64-60. Be ready BIC the Tree Top crowd will be rowdy Friday night + Sr night.

Chargeman wasn't there, he was at Bay.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Like I was taught years ago. Free throws wins ballgames IF you make them.  Marmaduke made theirs & BIC didn't.  I know at 1 point Bic was 1-9 in the 1st half & made a few the second half. Marmaduke was like     15-16.

I don't know that they are done but they need to regroup that's for sure.  Also need to play smarter. If 1 guy is lighting you up & he picks up his 4th foul in the 3rd. You have got to take it at him in the 4th inside instead of shooting 3's. We live & die by the 3 & guess what.
  Coach Richey was estatic. Heck I even stuck around & shook his hand & told him good ballgame. It was a great win for his program.

BoxNOne

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 27, 2015, 03:25:14 pm
Quote from: hssportfan on January 27, 2015, 01:05:30 pm
I think Riverside defeats MT and CC defeats Rector.
We tighting them rims after the Riverside girls hit 11 3pt in the second half . For the rest of the year it will be like at the carnival you either hit straight on for money or that ball will bounce to the roof.

Birddawg, you guys must have really tightened those rims up. Marked Tree nor Riverside could get much offense going last night. The big lefty for MT hit some big free throws in the 4th
quarter.

birddawg1986

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 28, 2015, 08:20:22 am
Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 27, 2015, 03:25:14 pm
Quote from: hssportfan on January 27, 2015, 01:05:30 pm
I think Riverside defeats MT and CC defeats Rector.
We tighting them rims after the Riverside girls hit 11 3pt in the second half . For the rest of the year it will be like at the carnival you either hit straight on for money or that ball will bounce to the roof.

Birddawg, you guys must have really tightened those rims up. Marked Tree nor Riverside could get much offense going last night. The big lefty for MT hit some big free throws in the 4th
quarter.
Yeah wasnt a pretty game to watch. Big boy is just about the only one who can consisitleny make FTs. Everyone else is about 50-50. Good win for MT trying to dig there way out of the bottom of the pack. I seen 2 or 3 kids dressed in street clothes for Riverside???? Didnt know if they were starter or main contributors for them. I know they have played well all season until the last week or so.

BoxNOne

One of those on the bench wrecked his knee in the 1st game of the year. He was a returning starter. The other hurt his ankle against Earle last week and is out 2-3 weeks.

RedWolf275

Sounds like Riverside has had a lot of injuries this year both boys and girls.

BoxNOne

They have had more than there share of injuries for sure. But both teams have remained competitive. You just have to play the hand that you are dealt.

BoxNOne

Riverside Lady Rebels over Hillcrest tonight by 53-34.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Lady Mustangs win at Marked Tree!!

bdubyab60

EPC girls lost to Rector

BoxNOne

That girls side 2-7 is still up in the air.

BoxNOne

Boys

Riverside 77-50 over CRA

BoxNOne

Riverside mercy ruled Cross County tonight.

emthawg

February 05, 2015, 08:35:05 pm #423 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:55:18 pm by emthawg
per twitter

Rector Athletics ‏@RectorAthletics  · 23m23 minutes ago 
SR. GIRLS: Rector 54, BIC 51. FINAL. @KamenEntchev @ArkActAssnAAA @BlakeAGuinn

emthawg

Riverside Lady Rebels over EPC.

bdubyab60

Good ballgame to. 62 to 61 with EPC making a shot just after the buzzer.

birddawg1986

BoxNOne

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 05, 2015, 09:14:58 pm

Was a good game. Some good shooting in the second half. Riverside got up 7 or so twice in 4th but EPC wouldn't let go. With that win and BIC'S loss the Lady Rebels will be #3 seed in district. Very good season so far considering the injuries.

redrider30

Marmaduke 75 Earle 41 Girls

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 05, 2015, 10:25:45 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 05, 2015, 09:14:58 pm

Was a good game. Some good shooting in the second half. Riverside got up 7 or so twice in 4th but EPC wouldn't let go. With that win and BIC'S loss the Lady Rebels will be #3 seed in district. Very good season so far considering the injuries.

Box how far down does that drop BIC?

birddawg1986

Puts Marked Tree #2 seed in girls for sure

emthawg

BoxNOne

BIC will be #4 seed in district. They ended up tied with Riverside but lose the tiebreaker to the Lady Rebels.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

From 6th in the State to 4th in the conference in 1wk!  wow!

BoxNOne

Anyone heard any coaching changes going on in the 2A-3?

redrider30

Marmaduke boys will be open.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Wow!   Where is Coach Richey going ? 

4real

Obviously not from the area...
Over the years when folks in other parts of the state hear about Marmaduke, the first thing that comes to mind is girls basketball.  This may have been their first state title, but they've had great tradition with girls over a long time.
Not knowing anything about their boys, I assume its tougher for them to get out of the shadow of BIC, Earle, and EPC, etc.  What's the story on the boys program?

redrider30

Not going anywhere. Is going to teach, continue as AD, coach softball and golf.

4real

Quote from: NEark tigers on January 27, 2015, 04:57:29 pm
Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 26, 2015, 11:39:56 am
I think the Crawfordsville team of 1990 (Bohannon, Smith, Day) got runner up. They were coached by Jackie Kirbo back then. I think Billy Murray might have been at Altheimer back then but not sure. I remember Elliott Smith, and he was a beast.

I graduated from Crawfordsville in 1994...I was a team manager on that team. They finished the 1989-1990 season with a 32-4 record. We should have won the championship that season, but let's say some "female admirers" cost us to lose our focus in that game. Jackie Kirbo was one heck of a coach that got the most of his players and he left after that season. Billy Murray became coach at Crawfordsville from 1990 until the schools closing in 2004. The last time I seen Kirbo was in 2000 when Earle was playing in a state title game. Whatever happened to Kirbo since?

Kirbo has been at St Paul since the early 2000's.  After St Paul was forced to consolidate with Huntsville, and Huntsville let them stay open, he was quoted as saying the Arkansas National Guard couldn't get him out of there! lol  Getting nearly a huge pay raise to be on same level as Huntsville coaching stipends had everything to do with that.  I think everybody across the state has a Kirbo story.

RedWolf275

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 20, 2015, 11:23:50 am
Anyone heard any coaching changes going on in the 2A-3?

I think there could be a couple of more.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: redrider30 on March 20, 2015, 02:09:11 pm
Not going anywhere. Is going to teach, continue as AD, coach softball and golf.
So just stepping down from the Coaching job. I like Coach Richey he is good home grown fellow. We have had some good laughs on the softball field.  I hope his daughter's knee gets better I always like watching her play. 

redrider30

Marmaduke boys job is now listed on schools website.

RedWolf275

This conference is gonna look different for 2016-2018 cycle. For one thing it will actually be the 2A-2 now. BIC, Marked Tree, EPC, Marmaduke, Cotter, Flippin, Salem and Sloan Hendrix. A much weaker conference from my viewpoint. Riverside goes to 3A and isn't going to have as much travel. Earle and Cross County stay in 2A-3 and I guess Rector will be 1A. Big changes for sure. Only six 2A conferences.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on July 18, 2015, 09:37:20 pm
This conference is gonna look different for 2016-2018 cycle. For one thing it will actually be the 2A-2 now. BIC, Marked Tree, EPC, Marmaduke, Cotter, Flippin, Salem and Sloan Hendrix. A much weaker conference from my viewpoint. Riverside goes to 3A and isn't going to have as much travel. Earle and Cross County stay in 2A-3 and I guess Rector will be 1A. Big changes for sure. Only six 2A conferences.

Don't forget the mixed district aspect of it as well

RedWolf275

I forgot that HF. They will play 1A during season so travel won't be as bad. This will only be for end of season tournament. What a cluster$&!# in my opinion.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on July 18, 2015, 09:55:04 pm
I forgot that HF. They will play 1A during season so travel won't be as bad. This will only be for end of season tournament. What a cluster$&!# in my opinion.

I'm with you on that....maybe in three years we are singing praises to the new way?

RedWolf275

I am doubting that. Throw into the mix this voting procedure and it could be a disaster. I really hope that the seeding is not just a coaches vote. I could see that getting really nasty.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I read in the paper Coach Buster Cambell retired also!  Any idea on who will take his place.  I would hope that Hall would get a chance at it.

Oldref

I bet Buster is hired back at next meeting.........heard he was doing the Bill Taylor trick...... retire then get  hired back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas