• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 6A Girls State Tournament Final: Siloam Springs 6, Russellville 1

Started by sevenof400, May 05, 2017, 10:58:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Let's use this thread to discuss any and all aspects of the 6A Girls State Playoffs. 
6A Tournament: host Siloam Springs

6A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Siloam Springs vs Russellville

GIRLS:
The games in the top half of the bracket will play at 10:00 am Thursday, Friday and Saturday
except the 2nd round game between Mountain Home and the Benton - LR Hall winner which plays at 2:00 pm Friday

1W (First round bye) - Siloam Springs
4E vs 5W  --   Marion 1 vs Texarkana 11

Texarkana 0  vs Siloam Springs 4

Benton 0  vs Siloam Springs 3

Benton 2 vs Mountain Home 1

2E (First round bye) - Mountain Home
3W vs 6E   --  Benton 15  vs LR Hall 0

The games in the bottom half of the bracket will play at 2:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
except the 2nd round game between Searcy and the El Dorado - West Memphis winner which plays at 10:00 am Friday

1E (First round bye) - Searcy
4W vs 5E  --   El Dorado 9 vs West Memphis 0

El Dorado 0  vs Searcy 6

Searcy 0(2)  vs Russellville 0(4)

Greenwood 0 vs Russellville 5

2W (First round bye) - Russellville
3E vs 6W   --  Jonesboro 1  vs Greenwood 5

Colt

East
1) Searcy
2) Mountain Home
3) Jonesboro
4) Marion
5) West Memphis
6) Little Rock Hall

chaoslord

Twitter reporting

El Dorado 9 West Memphis 0
Greenwood 5 Jonesboro 1

Buck183

Watched a LOT of soccer today. Still trying to take it all in.  8 games total.  The girl's games were all pretty lopsided pillow fights.  I anticipate more of the same tomorrow when the 1 and 2 seeds start playing.  No real surprises today. Greenwood did stand out a little to me.  Tomorrow should be another good day of soccer. 

Weather held off better than anticipated. Initial forecast wasn't looking good at all. Rain moved in about midway through the 2 o'clock games.  Ended being a light rain that didn't last long. No lightning and no delays in play. Rain quit and the remainder of the afternoon was beautiful. 

sssuperpantherfan2

A few rescheduled games, all games will be played at Panther Stadium on the turf. The weather is getting better.

sssuperpantherfan2

VHSCoach2

Siloam up 2-0 on Texarkana.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

thebeaufyfullgame

Russellville VG
Pay high for that win, habe two injured players, tough to play in those fields

Buck183

Quote from: thebeaufyfullgame on May 12, 2017, 05:44:35 pm
Russellville VG
Pay high for that win, habe two injured players, tough to play in those fields

Talked to one of your coaches after the game and heard you had two go down.  Hated hearing that, especially prior to a big game like the one you have tomorrow.

Unfortunately fields had nothing to do with the injuries.  The field you played on was fine. No different than what we played on in El Dorado last year. Wet grass, that's all.  Your coach even told me that had nothing to do with the injuries. 

Best of luck in tomorrow's game.

chaoslord

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

chaoslord

thebeaufyfullgame

Buck183

Hats off to the Russellville lady Cyclones for a great season.  They are a great team to watch play and they have a lot of heart.  They continue to get better and better every year. 

I suspected they would come out and box in on the Lady Panthers.  I was wrong, way wrong.  They rolled their sleeves up, put their gloves on, toed up and played soccer.  They put an extra player up top and came out firing.  They took the challenge head on and played with some amazing heart.  Great job Lady Cyclones.  Always a privilege to play you.  Mad respect. 

EDIT.....it was very unfortunate that the Russellville starting keeper could not play in the championship game.  She's been a joy to watch play the last few years.  I sincerely wish her the best in her travels.  Great kid. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas