• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After 4 years...

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, November 28, 2016, 07:27:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you happy with the football program?

Heck yeah! CBB for President!
2 (9.5%)
He's is doing well...
3 (14.3%)
Average Job...
2 (9.5%)
Give him one more year...
2 (9.5%)
Get rid of some of the staff...
9 (42.9%)
Show him the door tomorrow...
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 08, 2016, 07:27:59 pm

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 10:18:52 pm
No comment to the Miami comparison rice? I guess no need since it destroyed your theory of you can't change coaches every 5 years...

If you can't comprehend the comparison to Miami's run and the talent within a quarter of a tank of gas and our situation then there's no need to offer a comment on it. You and I could have won a NC down there, also, how many were fired?

cuckoobird

And to comment on your best talent answer for ASU. Is that why the hogs won't play ASU, because they get second pick in the state and still can beat teams like ULM?

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 10:32:14 pm
And to comment on your best talent answer for ASU. Is that why the hogs won't play ASU, because they get second pick in the state and still can beat teams like ULM?

The Hogs won't play ASU, are you sure?

cuckoobird

That's been your answer for years, not mine

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 10:37:07 pm
That's been your answer for years, not mine

A question was my answer? You drinking?

cuckoobird

You've stated over and over that the team on the hill will never play ASU. Were you wrong and they tried?

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 10:45:58 pm
You've stated over and over that the team on the hill will never play ASU. Were you wrong and they tried?

I wouldn't have any idea on what discussions have been made by the administration's. Back to my point of talent level at ASU, they win their conference in the past few years because they have better talent on average than their conference foes. Why you wish to strawman the point, just proves you know when you're whupped, lol.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: mack on December 29, 2016, 09:51:43 pm
At times we are pretty good.  We've been good under Nutt, under Petrino and at times under Bielema.  Never Alabama good, but good.  We're not consistent.  You jump off and on the bandwagon more than anyone on here.  Just get on or off and stay there.
Mack, I have always been a fan, and a season ticket holder. Are you? Have you ever been. 1981 here bubba...and when I got sick of the U of A keeping a loser like HDN I said enough is enough and I let them go. When CBP came in and started winning I got back on board with my season tickets and PP. Now, it is time for enough. I can be a fan anyway I choose. I don't need you or Rice to tell me how I should support my team. Facts are facts...CBB has done NOTHING, ZERO, NADDA...and you can't prove or say otherwise. If you want to support CBB and the hogs regardless of the outcome of games, regardless of mediocrity that is your choice. More power to you...but that doesn't mean everyone else has to do it the way you do. I was for CBB when he came here. Skeptical yes but supportive. He hasn't produced so I will not keep on supporting a dead horse. Look at it like this Mack...if you own a race horse and he doesn't produce do you just keep running him and losing races and money, or do you sell him off and get a new horse that gives you a chance?

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 10:18:52 pm
No comment to the Miami comparison rice? I guess no need since it destroyed your theory of you can't change coaches every 5 years...

Did someone say Miami?

Now that's a real program with real history.

cuckoobird

You're getting worse at defending the hogs and creating excuses. Just follow Bert, he's got plenty of excuses.
  BTW, you never addressed my comment on how teams like miami can change coaches every 5 years and build a program while winning national titles.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 01:21:29 pm

If you were at the game, and I know you weren't, he was on the players, had them gathered up a couple of times in the second half giving a stern talking, and taking with his coaches. I think he lets his co-coordinators coach their side with minimal input, but that's been his style from the beginning.
Yeah buddy, give him an extension rice...sheeeeezzzzz, Attitude is a direct reflection of leadership...the spitting and shoplifting are prime examples...you are blind my friend...

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 11:00:57 pm
You're getting worse at defending the hogs and creating excuses. Just follow Bert, he's got plenty of excuses.
  BTW, you never addressed my comment on how teams like miami can change coaches every 5 years and build a program while winning national titles.

Miami is in a recruiting hot bed. And it's won national titles not in the time when dinosaurs roamed. I don't even claim that thing from 64. Fayetteville is near the recruiting hot bed of Harrison and Branson.

They could change coaches every other year and still win.

cuckoobird

Miami didn't win anything until Schnellenberger.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 11:12:47 pm
Miami didn't win anything until Schnellenberger.

Gotta start somewhere. I would take 5 national titles, 9 conference championships, and 2 heisman trophies any day of the week.

Arkansas hasn't won anything since 1964 and it's biggest claim to fame is the big shootout. Which was a dang loss.

cuckoobird

I think that's part of the problem too!! People still talk about a loss like it was an honor to lose to number one in the nation

cuckoobird

I'll use another program that changes coaches very often and has a BCS bowl victory and one of their former coaches is coaching in the final four this year, Boise St. they just keep on winning and you can't tell me they are in a recruiting hotbed.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 11:28:03 pm
I'll use another program that changes coaches very often and has a BCS bowl victory and one of their former coaches is coaching in the final four this year, Boise St. they just keep on winning and you can't tell me they are in a recruiting hotbed.

He finds players that can play football and that have speed. Look at Washington. They are disciplined on defense and have speed on offense. He did the same at BSU. Now, they have a slim to none chance at beating bama but join the crowd huskies! But they are in the final four.
I wish we could get a coach like him.

cuckoobird

AirWarren

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 11:00:57 pm

I told, there's a difference in firing coaches, and coaches leaving to go to the NFL. My goodness, if you can't see the difference, than I can't help you. If you never have to get out of two counties to recruit your roster, then even you could win a few games.

cuckoobird

Don't give me the two county stuff. They were terrible until they finally found the right coach

LRRandy

Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2016, 11:37:07 pm
I'm pulling for Washington.
that would be fun to watch. Alabama is a monster. Monsters have lost before in big games.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 09:13:05 am
Don't give me the two county stuff. They were terrible until they finally found the right coach

Well, that and probation.

Jacketman65

I love the pigs favorite excuse, as was said on the news again last night - "we have to get better players"  How many years and different coaches do we have to hear say the same thing?  Perhaps we need a coach that can COACH and MOTIVATE the players that we do recruit!  $4 million to once again be near the bottom.  Maybe it is time to drain the stinking pig pen/hog trough!

mack

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 30, 2016, 10:58:18 pm
Mack, I have always been a fan, and a season ticket holder. Are you? Have you ever been. 1981 here bubba...and when I got sick of the U of A keeping a loser like HDN I said enough is enough and I let them go. When CBP came in and started winning I got back on board with my season tickets and PP. Now, it is time for enough. I can be a fan anyway I choose. I don't need you or Rice to tell me how I should support my team. Facts are facts...CBB has done NOTHING, ZERO, NADDA...and you can't prove or say otherwise. If you want to support CBB and the hogs regardless of the outcome of games, regardless of mediocrity that is your choice. More power to you...but that doesn't mean everyone else has to do it the way you do. I was for CBB when he came here. Skeptical yes but supportive. He hasn't produced so I will not keep on supporting a dead horse. Look at it like this Mack...if you own a race horse and he doesn't produce do you just keep running him and losing races and money, or do you sell him off and get a new horse that gives you a chance?

Well, the only yes you'll get is on the season ticket thing.  Well,  that and paying for five years of schooling for my kid.  Well, and the racehorse thing.....  Still, if I get rid of the horse, I don't have to pay the horse several million dollars now do I? 

You " fire them every five years " guys will never allow a program to be built.  You can't  recruit here like the bigs.  Lots of parallels to Nebraska. 

Where we do agree is that your opinions, like Cuckoo and Warren, are every bit as valid as mine.

ricepig

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 31, 2016, 09:58:50 am
I love the pigs favorite excuse, as was said on the news again last night - "we have to get better players"  How many years and different coaches do we have to hear say the same thing?  Perhaps we need a coach that can COACH and MOTIVATE the players that we do recruit!  $4 million to once again be near the bottom.  Maybe it is time to drain the stinking pig pen/hog trough!

The Red pups have their own child board, you lost? Why would you say "we"?

mack

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 09:59:20 pm
Ok there you go making comparisons again so I'll give you one of a winner. The university of miami had 4 coaches in 20 years and 4 national titles. That makes sense too mack. Btw, you you smart guys that's a coach every 5 years

LOL.... "you you smart guys"...  are you mad enough to stutter?

Look at the recruiting area Miami has.  Well, I guess it's probably the same recruiting level as Harrison or Caddo Gap or Possum Grape.

C'mon.....

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 30, 2016, 10:58:18 pm

I guess they should shoot all those race horses after their maiden race because they didn't win. Good thing no horse has ever won a race, or the Triple Crown because they didn't win recovery time out. I'd try a different analogy next time

You know he isn't going to fired, and about a 90-95% chance he's here for year 6. I guess you just like to argue about it. We aren't losing money, so we'll saddle up again and see what happens. In two years, it may be glue factory time, put the Roses around his neck, or he goes to another pasture on his own.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 10:08:39 pm
And, ASU has the best talent in their conference on average. We don't, and won't ever, so not really apple's to oranges.

UL Lafayette, Georgia State, App State, and Troy are all on par or have better players.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on December 31, 2016, 11:17:53 am
UL Lafayette, Georgia State, App State, and Troy are all on par or have better players.

Not according to ASU fans.

cuckoobird

Mack it took them getting the right coach to start winning. The didn't move the school to that hot bed until Schnellenberger got there. Excuse after excuse

mack

Let me help him...

Recruit Dade county vs recruiting Faulkner county...

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 11:57:05 am
Mack it took them getting the right coach to start winning. The didn't move the school to that hot bed until Schnellenberger got there. Excuse after excuse

You can't have 6 coaches in 8 years, or whatever it was, before the found Schnellenberger. Times aren't the same as 1979, in case you haven't noticed. They were also on probation 3 times during that run, and since have had a new coach every 4 or 5 years. Now, will Richt do better, probably.

Jacketman65

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 11:41:41 am
Not according to ASU fans.
And how many of those teams has the pigs lost too in the past 4 years?

beach bum

December 31, 2016, 02:10:51 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:16:23 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 31, 2016, 02:08:37 pm

Toledo, UL Monroe, Texas Tech, Missouri(twice) and Rutgers(twice) have taken the Hogs to the wood shed sadly in the last half decade. BB said Texas Tech played soft football before we played them and they never punted against us. He criticized the Big Ten and their "soft" schedules before the Toledo game and we lose to them. He has blabber mouth syndrome. Had the guy not ran his mouth to 20% of the NCAA programs I might actually support him still.

Jacketman65

Someone should call the EPA because the odor is becoming unbearable up in that part of the state! Ha

ricepig

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 31, 2016, 02:08:37 pm

Well, we didn't lose to a FCS school, so there's that.

Jacketman65

ricepig

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 31, 2016, 02:22:11 pm
Is that another excuse????????????????

Excuse for what? Why we had a bad year, nope, poor play and poor coaching, nobody is denying that.

cuckoobird

Arkansas is afraid to play an in state fcs or any other division school, so there's that

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 02:32:18 pm
Arkansas is afraid to play an in state fcs or any other division school, so there's that

Nah, they played some high schools back in the days, again, an incorrect statement.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 02:32:18 pm

UAF vs sister school UAM. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

cuckoobird

Remember rice we are talking modern era, I told you that once and that was your reply.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 02:35:41 pm
Remember rice we are talking modern era, I told you that once and that was your reply.

Nah, I remember very little of what you spout out, most of it is b.s., sorry. I'll try to do better in the future, just alert me when you have an original thought.

ricepig

cuckoobird

Sorry I guess you aren't as smart as you think you are and can't remember things like that. Too many frat parties and elephant walks will tend to make you block things out. Does it ever get tiring changing your arguments and looking embocilic while trying to think of new excuses? I'll make it simple for you. Are the razorbacks willing to play any in state school?

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 02:50:15 pm
Sorry I guess you aren't as smart as you think you are and can't remember things like that. Too many frat parties and elephant walks will tend to make you block things out. Does it ever get tiring changing your arguments and looking embocilic while trying to think of new excuses? I'll make it simple for you. Are the razorbacks willing to play any in state school?

I don't know, how much has an in-state school offered to play? I don't make those decisions, and really what does that have to do with year 4? Are you trolling this topic? And lastly, we have discussed this topic forever, you seem to be the one who's had one too many elephant walks or parties to remember it. If you'd like to talk about the coaching staff or job without strawman posts, feel free, if not, find someone else.

cuckoobird

Since I know the answer I'll go ahead and give you my next comment.

All I ever hear is that it's all about the benjamines for the piggies concerning several matters discussed on here. I think we could all agree that a game between ASU and the hogs would be a sellout, yet, the powers that be would rather pay someone like troy university for the disabled and have 50000 in attendance rather than an in state school and have a sellout. I guess fear of losing overrides actual financial gain in that aspect

cuckoobird

I guess you are forced to reply to everything anyone says about the hogs, sorry I didn't realize that. You're a bigger troll than anyone on hear and honestly you remind me of a 4 yo. You start losing a debate and then will constantly change subjects and accuse someone of trolling. You're a riot!! I can't help but feel sorry for you

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas