• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Arkansas 3A Team

Started by BigMan15, March 06, 2017, 10:58:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

If we got to pick a starting lineup

G Gavin Stone
G Robinson
G Brandon Fenner
F Christian Beeman
F Porter Anderson
this would be mine

Head Lion

6th man Sophmore Brock Birmingham from Manila

jackets101

the big kid from episcopal is a way better choice than anderson. All anderson can do is dunk, block, and throw his hands up when he doesnt get a call his way

Radiotalker

Fatbackhawgballz

What about
Bo Roberson
Jacob Hockaday
Chaylun Dennis

Fatbackhawgballz

I would say Stone and Robinson as well

Piratedog

Sophomore Bo Roberson is the best kept secret in 3A basketball.

Head Lion

BigMan15

Quote from: jackets101 on March 06, 2017, 12:45:40 pm
the big kid from episcopal is a way better choice than anderson. All anderson can do is dunk, block, and throw his hands up when he doesnt get a call his way
I could see that

TheTruth2010

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 06, 2017, 10:58:41 am

G Gavin Stone
G Robinson
G Brandon Fenner
F Christian Beeman
F Porter Anderson
this would be mine
I like the lineup. I am a bit surprised you picked two Lamar players.

Radiotalker

G Gavin Stone
G Robinson
G Brandon Fenner
F Christian Beeman
F Porter Anderson
this would be mine

is this from the tournament or just 3A team?

Longfellow

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 06, 2017, 02:19:22 pm
Great, which D1 school? Not sure what you are referring to in your last sentence.
Seems to be throwing shade at Osceola

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on March 06, 2017, 02:49:30 pm
The truth is way to often sad.

Wrong.  The Truth is way to often not the Whole Truth! 

Head Lion

Quote from: luxora4life on March 06, 2017, 02:57:24 pm

Wrong.  The Truth is way to often not the Whole Truth!
That is correct as well. I love sports as much as anyone and way to often young people spend to much time on athletics and not enough on getting the best education possible.

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on March 06, 2017, 03:05:16 pm
That is correct as well. I love sports as much as anyone and way to often young people spend to much time on athletics and not enough on getting the best education possible.

And that stand true for players from school all across the world including Manila. 

JacketDad

Tuckerman is in the finals and no real mention of any of their players???  HUH?  Are they just that balanced that no one really "sticks out"?  30-11 record and beating, what many believed was, the best team in 3A.  I would say that they have have at least a couple that could and should be on this list.

luxora4life

It would have been much more respectable and mature for you to take radiotalker "lol" as he just think Maki is a better player than Brock and you disagree with him on BASKETBALL facts or even opinions.  The topic is called " All Arkansas 3A Team". 

BigMan15

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on March 06, 2017, 02:14:22 pm
I like the lineup. I am a bit surprised you picked two Lamar players.
Beeman for sure! There's just not a lot of big men in 3A

neds

Quote from: JacketDad on March 06, 2017, 03:13:39 pm
Tuckerman is in the finals and no real mention of any of their players???  HUH?  Are they just that balanced that no one really "sticks out"?  30-11 record and beating, what many believed was, the best team in 3A.  I would say that they have have at least a couple that could and should be on this list.

The best two teams are playing Saturday

JimmyChitwood

G Gavin Stone
G Robinson
G Brandon Fenner
F Christian Beeman
F Porter Anderson
this would be mine
Can't pick Anderson but agree with the other 4. Anderson needs to be playing defensive end somewhere. He is not anywhere near as skilled as the big man from episcopal (#23).

Lrbasketballguru

March 06, 2017, 05:43:19 pm #20 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:43:52 pm by Lrbasketballguru
Tuckerman has 4 guys that can light you up. Don't know where they fall in terms of ranking, but all very good. Episcopal has 4 as well (and several solid bench players). In addition to great coaching, that is why I believe it will be a very competitive championship.

mountainmangrizzly

I like the lineup.....this lineup would do wonders in a game, as far as the 2 Lamar kids, I'd take Beeman any day, the kid is so fun too watch and to me he just has it,  give me him any day over any of the Lamar boys, not being disrepectful by any means but I like watching the kid.

Central AR

Quote from: Head Lion on March 06, 2017, 07:05:39 pm
Please explain

You're being a snowflake sir. A little "lol" is going to make you lose sleep? I'm sure that player will be ok if he reads that.

Head Lion

No snowflake here, they just want to cry foul when the incoming bombs explode.

Head Lion

You know me, hope we get to play Thursday. I know neither team is ready, but always intense. Congrats again on a great year & a fabulously run Regional tournament.

Rebelfan77

Not looking good. Rain is going to kill baseball this week!

jackets101

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 05:10:55 pm
Can't pick Anderson but agree with the other 4. Anderson needs to be playing defensive end somewhere. He is not anywhere near as skilled as the big man from episcopal (#23).
I agree

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: JacketDad on March 06, 2017, 03:13:39 pm
+1

bigdoug

Lrbasketballguru

neds

Quote from: bigdoug on March 07, 2017, 03:05:00 pm
No Kamron Brasfield?

If he closes his legacy on Saturday with a double double he's on my team.

frederick lee

I'm glad none of you are COLLEGE COACHES!!! Check the offers Anderson has and check what #23 of episcopal has.... PLEASE LEARN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT BASKETBALL PEOPLE PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Central AR

Quote from: frederick lee on March 07, 2017, 10:40:22 pm
I'm glad none of you are COLLEGE COACHES!!! Check the offers Anderson has and check what #23 of episcopal has.... PLEASE LEARN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT BASKETBALL PEOPLE PLEASE!!!!!!!!

What are his offers? Missouri Valley State A&M? Clearly kidding but what are they

cdelaney

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm all for the back and forth on here, but seems harsh to single out someone  like this. Post your own picks but no need to criticize a HS kid. He's obviously a good player.

JimmyChitwood

Oh I assumed that Williams Baptist, CBC, and Lion had offered but I typically discredit these university's basketball programs as a little more than glorified intramurals.

Hitman Warrior23

AGREED!!!

jackets101

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on March 08, 2017, 09:46:27 am
AGREED!!!
why won't either of you expand on the offers he has or are you just saying that he has them

jackets101

Quote from: cdelaney on March 08, 2017, 09:07:29 am
You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm all for the back and forth on here, but seems harsh to single out someone  like this. Post your own picks but no need to criticize a HS kid. He's obviously a good player.
I posted my pick and I am defending it. We shouldn't dare criticize someone it might hurt their feelings and they would have to go to their safe place. If someone can't be criticized they can't be coached and that is turning into a major problem with student athletes who think they never do anything wrong.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: jackets101 on March 08, 2017, 09:58:14 am
I posted my pick and I am defending it. We shouldn't dare criticize someone it might hurt their feelings and they would have to go to their safe place. If someone can't be criticized they can't be coached and that is turning into a major problem with student athletes who think they never do anything wrong.
+1

Hitman Warrior23

Naw putting a kiddo down on  a public forum is a JOKE!  They are not on here asking for your opinion if they where then so be it! Fact is Porter is obviously a talented young man.  If he isn't in a top 10 then yes that is  someones opinion  but don't trash him saying he should be playing football instead of Basketball.  But i agree with the problems we encounter with kids not being able to be coached or having to babied anymore    That is a HUGE issue!

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on March 08, 2017, 10:26:37 am
Naw putting a kiddo down on  a public forum is a JOKE!  They are not on here asking for your opinion if they where then so be it! Fact is Porter is obviously a talented young man.  If he isn't in a top 10 then yes that is  someones opinion  but don't trash him saying he should be playing football instead of Basketball.  But i agree with the problems we encounter with kids not being able to be coached or having to babied anymore    That is a HUGE issue!
Obviously, when I said he should be playing football somewhere I am recognizing his extreme athletic ability. He is one of, if not the best, athletes I have seen play this year. I just believe that the lack of fundamentals taught at Lamar and his previous schools have left him unskilled in the game of basketball. He could jump into a football game somewhere and dominate. If I were a football coach somewhere I would be after him is all I'm saying.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 08, 2017, 10:29:48 am
Obviously, when I said he should be playing football somewhere I am recognizing his extreme athletic ability. He is one of, if not the best, athletes I have seen play this year. I just believe that the lack of fundamentals taught at Lamar and his previous schools have left him unskilled in the game of basketball. He could jump into a football game somewhere and dominate. If I were a football coach somewhere I would be after him is all I'm saying.

Ok I can see that, he grew really fast last couple of years,  He is still growing into his body.  Chronologically just a young player like I said previously he has a high ceiling.

jackets101

March 08, 2017, 11:01:51 am #42 Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:06:16 am by jackets101
Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 08, 2017, 10:29:48 am
I agree. He is extremely athletic and with growth spurts it does take a while to get coordination down. With a lot of footwork and a more developed shot over the summer he would be in my top five. that is why Gavin from episcopal is my higher pick. He has a great shot even from outside the arch and he has a good drop step/spin down low

cdelaney

I think it's different than not being criticized by a coach, parent, teacher, whatever, and i agree with you about kids (and adults) these days being wusses overall; I just don't think you should anonymously be critical of a HS player on a forum like this.
If you are his dad, or his coach, that's fine. But I doubt if you are.

jackets101

Quote from: cdelaney on March 08, 2017, 11:38:43 am
I think it's different than not being criticized by a coach, parent, teacher, whatever, and i agree with you about kids (and adults) these days being wusses overall; I just don't think you should anonymously be critical of a HS player on a forum like this.
If you are his dad, or his coach, that's fine. But I doubt if you are.
where did I say anything negative about him

smallybells

Cdelaney, Some of the criticism that comes about is not aimed at the kids, its roots come from, as BG once said, "the hubris of the adults". I can't see any kid in the upper crust of this classification or any other, having the time or the concern to follow these threads closely. I'm not condoning targeting a player and going on a tirade but some back and forth on excessive boasting is just part of it. I'm not referring to this thread particularly either, just to be clear.

smallybells

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 08, 2017, 09:21:30 am
Oh I assumed that Williams Baptist, CBC, and Lion had offered but I typically discredit these university's basketball programs as a little more than glorified intramurals.

Calling D1 NAIA ball "glorified intramurals" is pretty ridiculous. I have seen highly regarded players on these boards not cut it in that league.

dentist15

Quote from: smallybells on March 09, 2017, 08:27:42 am
Calling D1 NAIA ball "glorified intramurals" is pretty ridiculous. I have seen highly regarded players on these boards not cut it in that league.

Agreed. Though I do feel that NCCAA, D2 NAIA, and D2 JuCo would fall into that "glorified intramural" category.

smallybells

Quote from: dentist15 on March 09, 2017, 08:36:17 am
Agreed. Though I do feel that NCCAA, D2 NAIA, and D2 JuCo would fall into that "glorified intramural" category.

Agreed, but I know 2 of the 3 schools that were listed are NAIA D1.

dentist15

March 09, 2017, 10:20:26 am #49 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:25:56 am by dentist15
Quote from: smallybells on March 09, 2017, 09:57:13 am
Agreed, but I know 2 of the 3 schools that were listed are NAIA D1.

Actually, they are all NAIA D1, in the American Midwest Conference, I believe (though CBC used to be NAIA D2 until 2015, and was NCCAA during the 2000's.....news to me, as I still thought they were NCCAA)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas