• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

End to a confusing year

Started by Bwana, March 05, 2017, 10:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bwana

Conference games against schools of different classifications, conference teams of same classification playing in different district tournaments and then different regional tournaments and some conference teams that played in a different district tournament playing in the same regional.. Been another great year of basketball but man it's been a headache trying to figure it out at times.. And don't even try to explain it to someone that played here and is now living out of State.. Maybe it will be easier to understand next year.. Not.. Y'all be safe until then..

Hitman Warrior23

Yes sir.  Like  a 3a team sweeps a 4a team then that 4a team gets to play for a title the save 3a team don't get past the 2nd round.   But yes crazy year fun and unorthodox.  See yall next year!

BAMA#16

Hope the AAA doesn't try this in 3a/4a football.

Ozark Hog

Sorry, Hit Man Warrior 23 that you're team didn't make it to state, I guess instead of complaining about what happens in the 4-A conference you should have been more concerned with the way you're Lamar team played, if they would have taken care of business they would have been playing in the state finals instead of setting at home!! I have read on here all year where the Lamar boys and girls were a sure bet to win it all , but it seems like they forgot the other teams have a say in that.
The teams that made it to the state finals made it under the rules set forth by the AAA, I guess  one of those teams should give up their spot to you,re girls team just because they may have beaten them  early in the year!!!!!!! Sorry It doesn't work that way.
Lamar girls were a #1 seed they played a weaker teams the first round and lost to a good but not great Valley Springs team in in second game. One of the teams that made it to state on 4-A was a #3 seed and had to beat Lonoke, Star City the #2 team in the state and then beat A Berryville  that some were saying would win it all a team that they lost to the week before at West Fork.
I have been watching basketball for a long, time and if there is one thing I know for sure at this time of the year you can forget about the teams records and who they beat before it doesn't matter only the game you play that day makes the difference, always going to be upsets this time of year, that is why you play the game.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 06, 2017, 10:04:00 am
Sorry, Hit Man Warrior 23 that you're team didn't make it to state, I guess instead of complaining about what happens in the 4-A conference you should have been more concerned with the way you're Lamar team played, if they would have taken care of business they would have been playing in the state finals instead of setting at home!! I have read on here all year where the Lamar boys and girls were a sure bet to win it all , but it seems like they forgot the other teams have a say in that.
The teams that made it to the state finals made it under the rules set forth by the AAA, I guess  one of those teams should give up their spot to you,re girls team just because they may have beaten them  early in the year!!!!!!! Sorry It doesn't work that way.
Lamar girls were a #1 seed they played a weaker teams the first round and lost to a good but not great Valley Springs team in in second game. One of the teams that made it to state on 4-A was a #3 seed and had to beat Lonoke, Star City the #2 team in the state and then beat A Berryville  that some were saying would win it all a team that they lost to the week before at West Fork.
I have been watching basketball for a long, time and if there is one thing I know for sure at this time of the year you can forget about the teams records and who they beat before it doesn't matter only the game you play that day makes the difference, always going to be upsets this time of year, that is why you play the game.

Oh I agree 100% on what you said  that's  EXACTLY my point been a crazy year anything can happen!  I think you read a little more into my post, then was there.  I think Lamar had a great Season  and Pottsvilles was rocky at best through Conference going against 3a teams. Now they are in the title game that's awesome I think!

Hitman Warrior23

Geesh! Plus I never once said Lamar was a sure bet!

Ozark Hog

Sorry Hit Man I didn't mean to imply that you said that I  only meant that what some of the Lamar fans were talking up their team and there is nothing wrong with that. Every school should be proud of their team. Lamar is a good team and they had a great season I don't know what you have coming back next year but hope you have a good year.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 06, 2017, 10:04:00 am
Jesus Christ. Y'all never stop. No one said Lamar was a sure bet to make it or to win state. We said they were a contender and I would say making it to the state semis is being a contender. Also, what happened when Lamar played ozark this year?

TheTruth2010

And not To take anything away from tuckerman, but if Lamar had played even close to how they played in the second half in the first half, they would be playing in the state championship.

teachers pet

(IF) if and buts were candy and nuts
      We'd all have a Merry Christmas!!

Ozark Hog

You might want to go back and read some of the post MR. Truth!!!!!!!!!!!

smallybells

March 06, 2017, 06:47:47 pm #11 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:15:13 pm by smallybells
No point in arguing now fellas, kind of like crying over spilt milk. As for homers talking their team up and drinking the Kool aid, I let the Razorback football team do it to me almost every year lol.

JacketDad

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on March 06, 2017, 02:23:06 pm
And not To take anything away from tuckerman, but if Lamar had played even close to how they played in the second half in the first half, they would be playing in the state championship.
"If" a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its butt every time it hopped!!!!

jackets101

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on March 06, 2017, 02:18:48 pm
Jesus Christ. Y'all never stop. No one said Lamar was a sure bet to make it or to win state. We said they were a contender and I would say making it to the state semis is being a contender. Also, what happened when Lamar played ozark this year?
I'm confused on your first sentence. Is that you addressing this post to Jesus or what cause I doubt he really cares who won any basketball game?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on March 06, 2017, 02:23:06 pm

Lamar: choke artists state champs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas