• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 Players in 3A

Started by BigMan15, February 26, 2017, 08:25:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Lrbasketballguru

As a homer, really high on all four of ECS main scorers. All can give you 25+ any given night.

neds

Fenner and Stone are the two who everyone knows and have followed all year.
There are several very young players who will be around for several years. Robinson from ECS (Kelvin's younger brother) is good and he has some very good/young talent around him.
Sorry I can't offer more names.

NeaBaller21

Stone and Fenner seem to be on a whole nother level of good compared to other 3A players. But outside of these two personally I can't name three others due to lack of knowledge of talent outside of Region 3

Head Lion

February 26, 2017, 09:05:56 pm #4 Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:08:35 pm by Head Lion
Manila really has no stars, start 1 Sr, 3 Jrs & a Soph. 2 freshman play considerable minutes. We will play 9-11 kids & just get after ya. We have 4 players that basically average double figures & try to feed who is hot at the moment.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Head Lion on February 26, 2017, 09:05:56 pm
Manila really has no stars, start 1 Sr, 3 Jrs & a Soph. 2 freshman play considerable minutes. We will play 9-11 kids & just get after ya.
I told someone that exact thing last night when they asked who yalls stud was!

mountainmangrizzly

The Beeman kid from Lamar is pretty solid,  watched some games and video,  really stood out in district for the Lamar team,but he just has good bball  skills all year long

Lrbasketballguru

Both Carruthers kids from Osceola are salty players.

BigMan15

Stone  Riverside
Fenner  Charleston
Robinson  ECS
Beeman  Lamar
Taylor Paris
Carruthers  Osceola
Brassfield ECS
Hampton Charleston
Sawyer Lamb
Ewing Charleston
Anderson Lamar

teachers pet

Not sure I wouldn't put the Burleson kid from Jessieville instead of Lamb.

BigMan15

He didn't get all state so I would say Lamb but he is a very good player as well

mountainmangrizzly

Have they made their all state selections yet and if so where can you see them at?

BigMan15

They have not announced them yet

fbhound

Good list of players. Not sure how many are seniors and will have to make good ACT scores to get a scholarship offer, otherwise they might have to attend a junior college for a year or two. A shame, because so many seniors could play at D1 or D2 level with some ACT test taking 'teacher assistance' getting the mandatory minimal scores in the books for recruiters to see.. Otherwise their hands are tied so to speak. Same thing goes for football, talent there on many players but academics need special attention ... and not in the last semester of a senior year. Some take the ACT test 2-3 times to show areas of deficiency and rectify the low scores. Schools are for classroom success first and extracurricular sports are secondary. We parents all know that. Good luck to all seniors who desire to go to the next level and hope the college scouts take note of their success in high school sports, BB or FB or track etc..

BannerMountainMan

jackets101

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 26, 2017, 10:49:01 pm
Stone  Riverside
Fenner  Charleston
Robinson  ECS
Beeman  Lamar
Taylor Paris
Carruthers  Osceola
Brassfield ECS
Hampton Charleston
Sawyer Lamb
Ewing Charleston
Anderson Lamar
does anderson have any scoring abilities besides dunking?

BigMan15

TheTruth2010

Quote from: jackets101 on February 27, 2017, 10:00:26 am
He can shoot mid range all day, and he's a pretty good free throw shooter.

Truthfully

Quote from: fbhound on February 27, 2017, 08:55:00 am
Good list of players. Not sure how many are seniors and will have to make good ACT scores to get a scholarship offer, otherwise they might have to attend a junior college for a year or two. A shame, because so many seniors could play at D1 or D2 level with some ACT test taking 'teacher assistance' getting the mandatory minimal scores in the books for recruiters to see.. Otherwise their hands are tied so to speak. Same thing goes for football, talent there on many players but academics need special attention ... and not in the last semester of a senior year. Some take the ACT test 2-3 times to show areas of deficiency and rectify the low scores. Schools are for classroom success first and extracurricular sports are secondary. We parents all know that. Good luck to all seniors who desire to go to the next level and hope the college scouts take note of their success in high school sports, BB or FB or track etc..
1+ and so true. Today's kids in high school have so many more distractions outside school than kids just 10-12 years ago. Sign of the times ... But still does not take away from what "school" is, an academic institute paid for by state taxes for the most part ( unless a private school ) and geared to educate the kids for what's in store for them the REST of their lives, not just perhaps 4 more years in a college for an athlete.
:-*

bobcats

February 27, 2017, 08:53:11 pm #19 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:01:14 pm by bobcats
Jacob Loggins from Marshall should be in the mix after Fenner and Stone.  He is averaging a little over 20 pts per game this season as a junior.

JimmyChitwood

February 27, 2017, 09:07:23 pm #20 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:39:58 pm by JimmyChitwood
Quote from: bobcats on February 27, 2017, 08:53:11 pm
Jacob Loggins from Marshall should be in the mix after Fenner and Stone.  He is averaging a little over 20 pts per game this season as a junior.
Agreed. Loggins is overlooked because he plays at little ole Marshall but he is a consistently good offensive as well as defensive player especially for his small size.

NeaBaller21

There's a kid from Tuckerman that is pretty solid but can't think of his name for anything!

biglion1985

I would put Burrow and Woodall from Manila in the mix also because both are capable of putting up 20-25 a night

frederick lee

BigMan15

My top 5
Fenner
Stone
Robinson
Carruthers
Taylor

Warriors023

February 28, 2017, 08:49:46 pm #25 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:44:58 am by Warriors023
BigMan, fenner would be in my top 5 perimeter players, but not number one overall. Watched him play several times this year and his defense is questionable a lot more than it's strong. Lamar exposed how to play trough him and win. No offense, he's a good player, just not, in my opinion, the number one this year.

BigMan15

I disagree he averages 25+ ppg 8rpg and 2 spg. Although he didn't look great against Lamar doesn't mean he hasn't played great all year. Also I think on his worst night against Lamar as you said. Scoring 15 against a hard defense isn't all that bad. I assure you many players would be very happy if one of their worst games was 15 points and 6 re vs and 3 ast

Warriors023

I've seen him play several times. Every time has been the same. Great offensively, but defense is pretty shaky.

Skip Baymore

March 01, 2017, 10:59:11 pm #28 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:29:36 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: teachers pet on February 26, 2017, 10:58:58 pm
Not sure I wouldn't put the Burleson kid from Jessieville instead of Lamb.
Both good but me too, by a notch.  Lamb might have a little more upside though.  Lamb is from Jessieville too (his school wasn't noted on that list).  Very heavy conference and Chucktown bias/homerism here.  Not uncommon on here.  Three, possibly 4? of the top ten players in 3A are from that conference (which is very respectable).  Skip.

General Lee

Quote from: Warriors023 on February 28, 2017, 08:49:46 pm
BigMan, fenner would be in my top 5 perimeter players, but not top 5 overall. Watched him play several times this year and his defense is questionable a lot more than it's strong. Lamar exposed how to play trough him and win. No offense, he's a good player, just not in my top 5 this year

You can't just get on here and question a guy without saying who you think is better than him. So...who are your 5 better than him?

bigdoug

I think the Brasfield kid does way more than just score the ball. He's averaging 15+ ppg, 8 assist, 4 rebounds, and 3 steals a game. He is a TRUE PG and he is leading his team very well right now. Him and the Robinson boy are a matchup problem. We didnt get to see it Tuesday night vs. Clinton because of the stall ball, but hopefully we will get to actually see how good this Episcopal team really is.

neds

Good points bigdoug , Brasfield is a very good player. I love it when he really ramps up his defense. The steals part is underrated

Warriors023

Lee, notice my rephrasing on that post

strongandsteady

I'll have to input you'll be hearing about a soon to be junior from Prescott next year. Jordan Glass 6'3 was averaging 21 PPG and 8 RPG before he got injured. Kid is a natural scorer and is very physical.

501Arkansas

Osceola's 10th grader Makai Caruthers has to be top 5 for sure he is darn good

Radiotalker

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 03, 2017, 09:42:48 am
Osceola's 10th grader Makai Caruthers has to be top 5 for sure he is darn good

just can't make it to practice

Longfellow

If he can't come to practice, he isn't top 5

Radiotalker

Quote from: Longfellow on March 03, 2017, 06:25:18 pm
If he can't come to practice, he isn't top 5

oh he's top 5 ......easy

ISU7

Quote from: jackets101 on February 27, 2017, 10:00:26 am
Dont look like it matters , his team still playing. Hey that's all Shaq could do and he has NBA titles and will be in the basketball HOF. Do what works for you. ;D 8)

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 03, 2017, 05:44:12 pm
just can't make it to practice
Might of cause his team a chance at a State title. SMH.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: ISU7 on March 03, 2017, 07:04:41 pm
Dont look like it matters , his team still playing. Hey that's all Shaq could do and he has NBA titles and will be in the basketball HOF. Do what works for you. ;D 8)
He changes the game even if he doesn't score. He rebounds really well and is a good shot blocker. He draws a lot of double teams leaving shooters wide open. Some times scoring isn't everything for a player, it's what he does to help his team win, and there is no denying that he helps this Lamar team win.

Longfellow

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 03, 2017, 07:00:08 pm
oh he's top 5 ......easy
Not if he doesn't show up for practice

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas