• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LAMAR WARRIORS WILL BE A CONTENDER!

Started by Hitman Warrior23, September 30, 2016, 09:33:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan101

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 05, 2016, 05:43:57 pm
were these exhibition games? Scrimmages?

Yes, each game was two 8 min quarters

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 05, 2016, 05:43:57 pm
were these exhibition games? Scrimmages?

in all fairness, no Grace. or out starting point guard (2 starters) Had only 5 players.   Due to football.   

teachers pet

In all fairness most high school teams have basketball players still playing football, so.......?

Hitman Warrior23

November 06, 2016, 08:19:17 am #53 Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:23:18 am by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: teachers pet on November 06, 2016, 08:04:31 am
In all fairness most high school teams have basketball players still playing football, so.......?

Does Clinton? Does Pottsville? No clue their benches WERE FULL I know that.   Lamar had only 5 players yesterday! So ,,,,,,,, ? Missing Thier starting point guard! so,,,,,,,,,? Missing a starting post player! so,,,,,,?    :)

teachers pet

All I'm saying is most teams won't be at full strength until after the football playoffs, so you can't read much into early games whether you win or lose.

Head Lion

To make all this fuss Hitman, when has Lamar ever been good at anything?

Hitman Warrior23

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 06, 2016, 08:19:17 am
Missing Thier starting point guard!

At this level it sometimes is a big step down from starting point to his backup. And if the point isn't working, not much will be working. I wouldn't read very much into that result by itself.

xadboy

Quote from: Head Lion on November 06, 2016, 09:49:07 am
To make all this fuss Hitman, when has Lamar ever been good at anything?
Does it really matter? I mean you are talking about a couple of scrimmage games.

macadoshis

I've not seen them play yet so I'll make an assessment after the game tomorro night

macadoshis

I don't sit in the gym and watch every practice like i did football.  Mine hasn't played since junior high other than pick up games

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on November 14, 2016, 03:47:13 pm
I don't sit in the gym and watch every practice like i did football.  Mine hasn't played since junior high other than pick up games

I don't imagine too many were taking charges against him.

Baseballman3

November 15, 2016, 10:03:38 am #62 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:08:06 am by Baseballman3
The game Lamar lost to Clinton was a 2 quarter game where their "amazing" post (who in fact was not all that impressive), fouled out in the 2 quarters. They are a very wild, uncontrolled team who has no chance to win state over much better coached teams in the 3A. And there is absolutely no way the guy is 6' 8''! I don't know what ya'll are using for measurement down there at Lamar but it's off a few inches.

Hitman Warrior23

November 15, 2016, 09:56:59 pm #63 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:01:04 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: Baseballman3 on November 15, 2016, 10:03:38 am
The game Lamar lost to Clinton was a 2 quarter game where their "amazing" post (who in fact was not all that impressive), fouled out in the 2 quarters. They are a very wild, uncontrolled team who has no chance to win state over much better coached teams in the 3A. And there is absolutely no way the guy is 6' 8''! I don't know what ya'll are using for measurement down there at Lamar but it's off a few inches.

COME ON!  READ THE REST OF THE POSTS ON THE  THREAD SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAISTE MY TIME, ON REASONS, THAT IS IF YOU CAN READ! HE IS EVERY BIT OF 6 FOOT 8.  See yall this year SLICK!  Why do people feel they can mouth kids? PORTER IS A BEAST.  THAT'S JUST A FLAT FACT!

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 15, 2016, 09:56:59 pm
COME ON!  READ THE REST OF THE POSTS ON THE  THREAD SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAISTE MY TIME, ON REASONS, THAT IS IF YOU CAN READ! HE IS EVERY BIT OF 6 FOOT 8.  See yall this year SLICK!  Why do people feel they can mouth kids? PORTER IS A BEAST.  THAT'S JUST A FLAT FACT!

Porter is decent, not a beast. Lamar won't be a serious contender this year. Very average talent

xadboy

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 16, 2016, 10:35:36 am
Porter is decent, not a beast. Lamar won't be a serious contender this year. Very average talent
We will see. Just watched them play poorly, but still won the game by 30.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 16, 2016, 10:35:36 am

Hum,,, Id agree with xadboy had allot of ugly moments yesterday, (first game went from only having 5 to having 15 players) obviously gonna struggle  they win easily last night.   Either way thats why they play the game! WE SHALL SEE!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: xadboy on November 16, 2016, 11:48:09 am
We will see. Just watched them play poorly, but still won the game by 30.

Who did they play?

dentist15

Cedarville, who is fairly down this year

Hitman Warrior23

macadoshis

I'll be at several games for sure. HD has decided not to play and concentrate on getting ready for the next level of football.  Looking forward to a big season from these young men. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

KingFootball

Quote from: macadoshis on November 17, 2016, 04:31:48 am
I'll be at several games for sure. HD has decided not to play and concentrate on getting ready for the next level of football.  Looking forward to a big season from these young men.
Sounds like they could have used another big boy. From all I'm hearing they are more pretenders than contenders.  Overrated ????   One would sure think so wth the athletes they have on the floor. They pass the eye test but that's about as far as it goes

TheTruth2010

They haven't lost a game yet and won by double digits in each game?

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: KingFootball on November 25, 2016, 09:27:19 pm
Sounds like they could have used another big boy. From all I'm hearing they are more pretenders than contenders.  Overrated ????   One would sure think so wth the athletes they have on the floor. They pass the eye test but that's about as far as it goes

Hum,,, where you getting that from? We Shall see Fella

Hitman Warrior23

We lose to Dardenelle in what I call a very bad shooting night, also with bad shooting  Dardenelle with their size matches up with us well,   can't take much from the Ctown  game with football players missing. But the shots are dropping  (like they usually do) we have to many Marco problems for most.   BTW talking about boys not girls.

Hitman Warrior23

smallybells

Majority of the regulars are in all the Ctown threads chest beating, they'll make their way around eventually :-)

WPWells

smallybells

No need for it, by the time Cole Kelly is a junior he'll be out of eligibility, so nothing to bash on.

smallybells

A little bird told me that Perryville Sr. Boys beat Lamar last night?

athletic supporter

Sounds kinda like football. Lamar is going to punish...yap, yap, yap. We just couldn't get any breaks. The refs cheated. We had a bad night.

Good teams make memories and history. Bad (overrated) teams make excuses. I know what comes out of Lamar MOST of the time.

macadoshis

macadoshis

Maybe their "bad" players are about to graduate so things may start looking up now.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: athletic supporter on December 09, 2016, 06:19:05 am
Sounds kinda like football. Lamar is going to punish...yap, yap, yap. We just couldn't get any breaks. The refs cheated. We had a bad night.

Good teams make memories and history. Bad (overrated) teams make excuses. I know what comes out of Lamar MOST of the time.

See ya tonight!

xadboy

Quote from: athletic supporter on December 09, 2016, 06:19:05 am

Don't see any excuses, we had a bad night against both Dardanelle and Perryville. Didn't have any thing to do with officiating, we just didn't play up to our potential. As the season goes Lamar is going to get better and better. We had to eat some humble pie. Come tourney time comes, nobody will want to play us.

athletic supporter

Quote from: xadboy on December 10, 2016, 06:52:09 pm
Don't see any excuses, we had a bad night against both Dardanelle and Perryville. Didn't have any thing to do with officiating, we just didn't play up to our potential. As the season goes Lamar is going to get better and better. We had to eat some humble pie. Come tourney time comes, nobody will want to play us.

That usually happens when a team has several "move ins" in a season. I thought I was watching Clarksville last night

teachers pet

Really, I think Jessieville will be happy to play Lamar.

Hitman Warrior23

TheTruth2010

And Lamar just beat the #1 team in 3a (according to max preps) Paris 78-73 at Paris. Who doesn't have a shot at state this year?   8)

WPWells

Hitman Warrior23

The Dynasty

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on January 03, 2017, 10:10:07 pm
And Lamar just beat the #1 team in 3a (according to max preps) Paris 78-73 at Paris. Who doesn't have a shot at state this year?   8)

Enough with Paris being the #1 team in the state. As always the road to glory with Paris and Lamar goes through Charleston.

As far as the Porter kid being a beast..... Not even close. Gafford for El Dorado is a beast. Isaiah Joe for Northside is a beast. Porter is tall and a decent High School player. If Paris had a clue he would have been fouled out in the 4th quarter.

TheTruth2010

Are those teams in 3a? No, so no one cares. Paris did a good job on Porter last night, but they could not stop Beeman what so ever. Regardless of what you all say, This Lamar team is a contender for state this year.

The Dynasty

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on January 04, 2017, 08:10:22 am
Are those teams in 3a? No, so no one cares. Paris did a good job on Porter last night, but they could not stop Beeman what so ever. Regardless of what you all say, This Lamar team is a contender for state this year.

They aren't in 3A but they are beasts.

TheTruth2010

Those teams have no affect on if Lamar will be a contender this year in 3a where porter is a beast. If he wasn't teams wouldn't double or triple team him all game, and make their whole game plan just to stop him.

The Dynasty

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on January 04, 2017, 08:18:50 am
Those teams have no affect on if Lamar will be a contender this year in 3a where porter is a beast. If he wasn't teams wouldn't double or triple team him all game, and make their whole game plan just to stop him.

I'm not sure how else I can say this. Porter isn't a beast. He's a good 3A player.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 04, 2017, 08:49:56 am
I'm not sure how else I can say this. Porter isn't a beast. He's a good 3A player.
He is good enough to have Bucknell, North Dakota State and I forget the other D1 school at his games.   He is a great kid with a High Ceiling I think,  but in 3a he is a dominate player

The Dynasty

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 04, 2017, 09:13:12 am
He is good enough to have Bucknell, North Dakota State and I forget the other D1 school at his games.   He is a great kid with a High Ceiling I think,  but in 3a he is a dominate player

Can't wait to play him with the full crew.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas