• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get Together With 1A Posters

Started by Batman44, January 28, 2014, 04:43:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman44

Don't know about starting a new topic, but, I thought it would be kinda neat if any/all of the posters on here might have a little get together sometime after the State Finals. We might have it at the closest town/city that wins the State. Any interest from anyone? Just a thought. We could swap tales/lies etc.

Batman44

I believe we could get Old Ref to spring for all the food:)

Real deal

I'm in and I second old ref handling the bill.

bscinar

Batman44

J.D.

Give me a when and where, and I'll be there

Batman44

To be determined, J D. Input wanted and appreciated. From any and all.

HorseFeathers

I'm iffy on this....Not that I don't want to...Just if I can or not...

Basketballfan13

As long as JD promises to tell a story I'll show up!

Bayhoopfan13

I'm in and old ref would hook us up with some good food.

jacketman

Quote from: HF on January 28, 2014, 06:41:55 pm

She still has them in her purse doesnt she?

anevay1523

Idk about meeting after state, but i took vacation time to go to the state tourney. I need to watch all of these players everyone talks about atleast once. So if you're going to the tourney, I'll meet up with you there haha

bscinar

Quote from: jacketman on January 28, 2014, 09:41:42 pm

i just spit out my sweet tea - stop it Jacketman......

HorseFeathers

Well played.....

and

No...anymore I tell her I'm going to a game(on the days I get off work early enough, or feel like it)...and I'll be home when I get home lol...

Batman44

Getting some good response on this. Will try to keep this going so it don't get lost in shuffle. Will start writing down each person that answers. I don't know a single one of you posters, and nothing is etched in stone as to when or where, so throw out your suggestions.

J.D.

Oldref

Quote from: Bayhoopfan13 on January 28, 2014, 09:05:50 pm
I'm in and old ref would hook us up with some good food.
Ok I just got home from the game tonight and saw this........kind of reminds me of missing some kind of board meeting then finding out you have been elected chairman when you read the minutes:-)  Now all of that said, I think it is a great idea and anyone who knows me  will say I am all about chilling and grilling so let get it set up. I have a couple of neutral sites in mind........ that is assuming we are all still speaking after the tournaments:-)  I am betting we are.

J.D.

LOL

oldfireguy

Sounds interesting.....since I live 20 minutes out of Harrison, I could find a suitable place or two to meet...might even be able to provide a grill. (Grill hours would have to be limited to times that Grove would not be playing, of course!)

Batman44

Oldfireguy, sounds good. Already have several suggestions as to where. This is just my thoughts, and I'm flexible, but I was thinking it would be AFTER state finals. And whoever lived closest to the team that wins could select site/restaurant, etc. Sort of a reward to give them bragging rights:), not as far to travel, etc. but like I said, I'm flexible, and it could be something that posters could vote on or discuss. Maybe we could make it like hosting a regional, posters could bid on it:)

Real deal

Quote from: Batman44 on January 29, 2014, 09:40:49 am
Oldfireguy, sounds good. Already have several suggestions as to where. This is just my thoughts, and I'm flexible, but I was thinking it would be AFTER state finals. And whoever lived closest to the team that wins could select site/restaurant, etc. Sort of a reward to give them bragging rights:), not as far to travel, etc. but like I said, I'm flexible, and it could be something that posters could vote on or discuss. Maybe we could make it like hosting a regional, posters could bid on it:)

AAA doesn't get to vote on it do they?

Batman44

They will want to, if they think there's money involved that could come their way!

Oldref

Quote from: J.D. on January 28, 2014, 06:08:14 pm
JD I had a little bird tell me you might not be able to win a game of horse at your own family reunion. Heard you would have some serious competition from a member of your family that was also much better looking than you.:-) Just Saying:-)

HorseFeathers

Have you seen j.d?  It wouldn't take much to look better than him. . . .

Oldref

I probably have seen JD but didn't have a clue who he was.........still don't but I have my sources.

Batman44

Guess we will find out about J D at the get together. Have 10 names at present time.

Oldref

Sounds good.......ten is a good number......Might turn into the sports social event of the year:-)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Batman44 on January 29, 2014, 09:23:59 pm
Guess we will find out about J D at the get together. Have 10 names at present time.

The man the myth...The um...LIES lol

J.D.

Quote from: Oldref on January 29, 2014, 05:25:11 pm
Quote from: J.D. on January 28, 2014, 06:08:14 pm
JD I had a little bird tell me you might not be able to win a game of horse at your own family reunion. Heard you would have some serious competition from a member of your family that was also much better looking than you.:-) Just Saying:-)

That's 99% correct lol, so your source knows what they are talking about. 

HOWEVER.  I like to believe I'm better looking. 8)

J.D.

Quote from: HF on January 29, 2014, 06:28:21 pm
Have you seen j.d?  It wouldn't take much to look better than him. . . .

Quit lying!

J.D.

Quote from: Oldref on January 29, 2014, 09:06:54 pm
I probably have seen JD but didn't have a clue who he was.........still don't but I have my sources.

If you have been to a 1A state tournament the past 5/6 then there is a great chance you've seen me.

I don't really try to hide lol.

HorseFeathers

January 29, 2014, 10:10:04 pm #32 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:12:11 pm by HF
Quote from: J.D. on January 29, 2014, 10:08:32 pm

If you have been to a 1A state tournament the past 5/6 then there is a great chance you've seen me.

He just makes a point of avoiding some fans...lol

Oldref

Quote from: J.D. on January 29, 2014, 10:08:32 pm

I have been to several class A state tournament games the past few years. didn't go to Bradley last year but was at the finals in Barton. Hope to go to Harrison this year. I am sure we have crossed paths just didn't know it.

Batman44

OK posters, time for a few more of you to step up for the get together. It's getting down to where the rubber meets the road. Lets shoot for at least 20 to attend. We are half-way there. AAA says we at least that many before they will sanction it:)

arstatechamp13

Didn't know JD was such a mystery man. Hahaha! I see him pretty often

Batman44

So, archamp13, will you be able to make it to get together? Sorry, I left out state.

Will.I.Am.

I'm not much of a 1A poster anymore, but I think it would be pretty cool to meet up with everybody and eat a lot. Count Will.I.Am. in.

Batman44

Hey Will, good for you. Look forward to meeting you, and the others.

J.D.

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on January 30, 2014, 01:58:45 pm
I'm not much of a 1A poster anymore, but I think it would be pretty cool to meet up with everybody and eat a lot. Count Will.I.Am. in.

This guy is not allowed!   :D

J.D.

Quote from: Batman44 on January 30, 2014, 02:49:35 pm
Hey Will, good for you. Look forward to meeting you, and the others.

You get my last DM?

J.D.

Will.I.Am.

Quote from: J.D. on January 30, 2014, 03:39:28 pm

I'll bring the girls.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on January 30, 2014, 03:39:28 pm

Yeah...no thugs allowed 8)

Will.I.Am.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on January 30, 2014, 06:36:29 pm
It's the beard isn't it?

Yes...the amish beard with a teenage puberty mustache(assuming your facebook picture is current..lol) = thug...

was gonna say you had a mohawk..but I've decided that you just have a deep receding hairline...

Will.I.Am.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on January 30, 2014, 11:08:37 pm
Wow HF that was cold.

Yeah...I shouldn't have called you a thug...that was mean haha....I'll just blame it on the pressure of those stupid conference standings threads though....Next year you guys are on your own with that...

Will.I.Am.

Yeah that is a ton of work. Props to you for even trying man, I would have given up week 2

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on January 30, 2014, 11:18:09 pm
Yeah that is a ton of work. Props to you for even trying man, I would have given up week 2

Someday I'll figure out how to make money off of that stuff...and then I'll be set lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas