• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-2018 numbers

Started by SUGARTOWN, April 30, 2015, 04:18:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Brian G

Booneville and West Fork in.

Clinton and Newport out.

AirWarren

whippersnapper

Newport wishes the 4A well but our numbers fit better in 3a :D

SUGARTOWN

So, Booneville and West Fork in the 4-4A and Robinson or A. Baptist to the 2-4A?

beach bum

April 30, 2015, 06:17:13 pm #5 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:22:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 30, 2015, 05:17:39 pm
So, Booneville and West Fork in the 4-4A and Robinson or A. Baptist to the 2-4A?

I was thinking that as well. Luckily, 4A seems easy to sort out. 2A and 3A has more changing up to do with conferences.

Proud Buckaroo

2A, and 3A has A LOT of changing up to do.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on April 30, 2015, 06:17:13 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 30, 2015, 05:17:39 pm

I was thinking that as well. Luckily, 4A seems easy to sort out. 2A and 3A has more changing up to do with conferences.

Or Waldron, Booneville, and West Fork to the 4A-4, and Split Robinson and Baptist to the 4A-2, and the 4A-7....Guess it depends on if someone in Waldron is willing to bribe the AAA to get them out of their heck in the 4A-7 or not I guess...

hillbilly

Clinton is going down for sure. You have to assume Booneville and West Fork will be in the 4-4A. I would imagine both LR schools will stay together and go somewhere else which will free up room for possibly Waldron to come back to the 4-4A.

bulldoghistorian

beach bum

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on April 30, 2015, 11:38:43 pm
How will the 8-4A look?

I believe the 1-4A, 3-4A, 7-4A, and 8-4A should stay the same unless the AAA decides to get wacky.... 4A will not have much change but 2A and 3A will be interesting to see how conferences fall in place, especially 3A.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on April 30, 2015, 11:38:43 pm
How will the 8-4A look?

I don't think it will change. Honestly. 4A really won't change much at all.

Nomad1324

Drop 2. Gain 2.
Newport replaced by one of the furthest east members of the current 4A-4 and that spot and Clinton's taken by West Fork and Booneville.

Otherwise, 1, 3, 7 and 8 stay the same.

SouthpawSensation

May 01, 2015, 06:05:56 am #13 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:19:18 am by SouthpawSensation
I think it's going to look like this: Changes in bold
4A-1 — Huntsville, Gravette, Berryville, Gentry, Lincoln, Shiloh Christian, Prairie Grove, Pea Ridge
4A-2 — CAC, Heber Springs, Helena-West Helena Central, Lonoke, Riverview, Batesville Southside, Stuttgart, Arkansas Baptist
4A-3 — Brookland, Cave City, Gosnell, Harrisburg, Highland, Pocahontas, Trumann, Jonesboro Westside
4A-4 — West Fork, Booneville, Ozark, Subiaco, Dardanelle, Dover, Pottsville, Waldron
4A-7 — Arkadelphia, Ashdown, Bauxite, Fountain Lake, Malvern, Mena, Nashville, Pulaski Robinson
4A-8 — Crossett, DeWitt, PB Dollarway, Dumas, Hamburg, Monticello, Star City, Warren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on May 01, 2015, 06:05:56 am
4A-1 — Huntsville, Gravette, Berryville, Gentry, Lincoln, Shiloh Christian, Prairie Grove, Pea Ridge
4A-2 — CAC, Heber Springs, Helena-West Helena Central, Lonoke, Riverview, Batesville Southside, Stuttgart, Arkansas Baptist
4A-3 — Brookland, Cave City, Gosnell, Harrisburg, Highland, Pocahontas, Trumann, Jonesboro Westside
4A-4 — West Fork, Booneville, Ozark, Subiaco, Dardanelle, Dover, Pottsville, Waldron
4A-7 — Arkadelphia, Ashdown, Bauxite, Fountain Lake, Malvern, Mena, Nashville, Pulaski Robinson
4A-8 — Crossett, DeWitt, PB Dollarway, Dumas, Hamburg, Monticello, Star City, Warren

I hope we get Robinson instead of Baptist. Don't really want two private schools in the conference, that's 2 games that our Jr. High will have to try to makeup as I assume Baptist is like CAC in that they don't play conference games with the Jr. High.

FBfan79

4A-7 stacked

HorseFeathers

Great Minds think a like?

OLDSCHOOL82

Come on guys, you think the AAA puts any realistic thought behind most of their decisions?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 01, 2015, 09:21:46 am

I hope we get Robinson instead of Baptist. Don't really want two private schools in the conference, that's 2 games that our Jr. High will have to try to makeup as I assume Baptist is like CAC in that they don't play conference games with the Jr. High.
Most of those central teams play in the River City conference. Not sure if AB is still in that or not, but I think Robinson and CAC are mainstays in there as Robinson's AD was president and CAC's was secretary of that conference.

Lionheart88

Yes, Robinson was still playing in the River City conference this year.  I don't know anything about the future, but I'd say it's a reasonably safe bet they stay for the time being.

SUGARTOWN

I didn't know Robinson played in that as well. Stuttgart did play Robinson Jr. High last year, of course it was a non-con game. Those Jr. High's should be made to play the same conference schedule as the the senior high IMO.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 02, 2015, 08:14:39 am
I didn't know Robinson played in that as well. Stuttgart did play Robinson Jr. High last year, of course it was a non-con game. Those Jr. High's should be made to play the same conference schedule as the the senior high IMO.
It doesn't make sense travel wise when you can get all your games scheduled and not travel more than 45 minutes for a Thursday night junior high game not to mention the Mon/Wed volleyball, Mon/Thurs basketball, and Monday night JV football.

AirWarren

The 8 and 7 have it right and it's very travel fair for everyone.

SUGARTOWN

May 02, 2015, 09:21:33 pm #23 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:27:41 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on May 02, 2015, 06:00:13 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 02, 2015, 08:14:39 am
It doesn't make sense travel wise when you can get all your games scheduled and not travel more than 45 minutes for a Thursday night junior high game not to mention the Mon/Wed volleyball, Mon/Thurs basketball, and Monday night JV football.

So why even have conferences? Stuttgart could play an entire schedule of teams within an hour but they have to play the teams that are in their assigned conference. You think they enjoy traveling 4 hours round trip for a game on a Thursday night?

Lionheart88

Stuttgart's junior high is under no obligations to play in the same conference as their senior high.  Why subject those kids to four hour round trips on a school night when you don't have to?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Harrison doesn't have a junior high conference.  We play whoever we can...sometimes twice!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on May 02, 2015, 10:22:56 pm
Harrison doesn't have a junior high conference.  We play whoever we can...sometimes twice!

Good for you.

SouthpawSensation

Pulaski Robinson and Arkansas Baptist could be interchangeable. The difference is about 3 miles between the two schools.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on May 03, 2015, 08:49:08 am

Pulaski Robinson and Arkansas Baptist could be interchangeable. The difference is about 3 miles between the two schools.

Yes, I'm aware of their locations. Been to both schools many times.

beach bum

May 03, 2015, 02:07:13 pm #29 Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:18:01 pm by beach bum
I think Waldron stays in the 7-4A..... making the 2-4A and 4-4A the only conferences to change. However, the 4-4A is a better fit I think the AAA puts them in the 7-4A.

LakeRat

2-4A has pretty much been a revolving door for teams coming and going the last 10+ years. It's a shame to see Newport moving down. They were great competition!!

RUSH

AAA is crap on how the classify!  How is a team suppose to compete when the difference in enrollment is 200 students.  From the bottom of 4A to top of 4A is a 200 student difference.  No wonder you have so many teams in the  bottom of 4A that can only win 2 or 3 games a year...

whippersnapper

It used to be a lot worse when we only had 5 classifications.

RUSH

Quote from: whippersnapper on May 07, 2015, 10:07:22 am
It used to be a lot worse when we only had 5 classifications.
You are right about that!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RUSH on May 07, 2015, 10:03:07 am
AAA is crap on how the classify!  How is a team suppose to compete when the difference in enrollment is 200 students.  From the bottom of 4A to top of 4A is a 200 student difference.  No wonder you have so many teams in the  bottom of 4A that can only win 2 or 3 games a year...

Life isn't fair.

Btw, Booneville is at the bottom of 4A enrollment wise and they won the 4A title two years ago.

OLDSCHOOL82

Enrollment doesnt help but its not the main problem with a teams lack of wins.

RUSH

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 07, 2015, 11:23:52 am

You can have the best coach in the world, but if you don't have the numbers to choose from then guess what?

RUSH

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 07, 2015, 11:17:41 am

Life isn't fair.

Btw, Booneville is at the bottom of 4A enrollment wise and they won the 4A title two years ago.
Congrats you found one team out 45 that is an exception..  Proud of you!

phdefense

Quote from: RUSH on May 07, 2015, 01:47:13 pm

Life isn't fair.

Yeah, the top 4 Huntsville, Monticello, Gravette and Berryville were all juggernauts last year.  ::)

RUSH

Quote from: phdefense on May 07, 2015, 01:54:58 pm

Life isn't fair.

Yeah, the top 4 Huntsville, Monticello, Gravette and Berryville were all juggernauts last year.  ::)
True! In the case against Monticello its the type of players they have!  Have the numbers but boy do they have "I" attitudes.

SUGARTOWN

Life isn't fair.

Dollarway and Ft. Lake are also in the bottom 10...they're good programs, have been for quite a while.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RUSH on May 07, 2015, 01:45:14 pm

You can have the best coach in the world, but if you don't have the numbers to choose from then guess what?

Somebody's always going to be at the bottom. Not everybody can have 7-8-9 wins every year.

Or do you have a solution to this conundrum? If so, we'd love to hear it.

OLDSCHOOL82

RUSH, give us a few schools that are always at the bottom that the reason they cant win is due to them having 200 less in the top three grades.

beach bum

Why would a state with just shy of of 3 million people need more than 6 classes that play football. One state I lived in had 19 million with 7. The state I am in now has 5.5 million in 5 classes. 6 is too many already for Arkansas.

whippersnapper

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 07, 2015, 02:42:59 pm

Life isn't fair.

Dollarway and Ft. Lake are also in the bottom 10...they're good programs, have been for quite a while.
But Fountain Lake's great run came while they were in 3A where they were top in enrollment.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: whippersnapper on May 07, 2015, 03:40:26 pm

Life isn't fair.

But Fountain Lake's great run came while they were in 3A where they were top in enrollment.

They were decent when they were in 4A prior to their move down to 3A and went 4-3 in the toughest conference last year with a win over Nashville. Definitely not bottom feeders like RUSH was referring too.

Back to his original rant, no public school in 4A has 200 less students than Huntsville who is at the top. Booneville is the lowest with a 195 student difference, and we know they're a good program.

AirWarren

Quote from: RUSH on May 07, 2015, 02:03:22 pm
Quote from: phdefense on May 07, 2015, 01:54:58 pm

Life isn't fair.

True! In the case against Monticello its the type of players they have!  Have the numbers but boy do they have "I" attitudes.

No. Their mommy and daddy's have the "I" attitude.

whippersnapper

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 07, 2015, 03:59:36 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on May 07, 2015, 03:40:26 pm

Life isn't fair.

They were decent when they were in 4A prior to their move down to 3A and went 4-3 in the toughest conference last year with a win over Nashville. Definitely not bottom feeders like RUSH was referring too.

Back to his original rant, no public school in 4A has 200 less students than Huntsville who is at the top. Booneville is the lowest with a 195 student difference, and we know they're a good program.
True, this last season I think depth and size really wore on them. I actually feel they can win 6-7 again next year but maybe a playoff game as well. 

nuttinbuthogs

So are you suggesting you would rather have less students to choose from?  There is always an exception to just about everything but If its me I'd rather have more kids in the division than less.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: beach bum on May 07, 2015, 03:30:09 pm
Why would a state with just shy of of 3 million people need more than 6 classes that play football. One state I lived in had 19 million with 7. The state I am in now has 5.5 million in 5 classes. 6 is too many already for Arkansas.

Arkansas has too many classes because you have a few large population centers that created the desire for 7A, 6A didn't like playing schools nearly twice as large. Oh, same problem exists in the lower classes, 2,3,4A.  I'd say it's tougher on a small school with a couple of hundred to play a school with say 150 more kids.  Don't know if there is a good solution but 7A and 6A with 16 teams is silly.  Mixing the classes is really not going to be fair to most of the smaller classes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas