• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron

Started by Beaver Fever, April 26, 2015, 08:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on May 01, 2015, 12:16:26 pm
Quote from: nastynice on May 01, 2015, 10:12:24 am
Quote from: AirWarren on May 01, 2015, 08:52:17 am
Quote from: nastynice on May 01, 2015, 06:58:55 am
I'm so jealous! I wish there could've been a way to keep May at Booneville. He was the glue that held our team together. One of, if not the most liked coach in Booneville history. Players, parents and fans love him! He will be missed in many ways.  Looks like the line and strength coach is going to Waldron with him. Waldron is making a heck of an offer to our OC also. Don't think he will go though.

Waldron went from the laughing stock, to winning the lottery in just a couple days!

Haha. Laughing stock to winning....ok.
Didn't say they were gonna start winning. That statement was about the quality of the old coach vs the new coach. Read between the lines AW.

There is no between the lines here. It will still be Waldron.

I'm sure folks said that about Charleston(the 80's), and Prairie Grove before Ashbier got there....Every program got it's start somewhere...

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: beach bum on May 01, 2015, 02:01:48 pm
Quote from: nastynice on May 01, 2015, 10:12:24 am
Quote from: AirWarren on May 01, 2015, 08:52:17 am
Quote from: nastynice on May 01, 2015, 06:58:55 am
I'm so jealous! I wish there could've been a way to keep May at Booneville. He was the glue that held our team together. One of, if not the most liked coach in Booneville history. Players, parents and fans love him! He will be missed in many ways.  Looks like the line and strength coach is going to Waldron with him. Waldron is making a heck of an offer to our OC also. Don't think he will go though.

Waldron went from the laughing stock, to winning the lottery in just a couple days!

Haha. Laughing stock to winning....ok.
Didn't say they were gonna start winning. That statement was about the quality of the old coach vs the new coach. Read between the lines AW.

Weren't both of them the DC at Booneville at one time?

Correct, they have a thing for our DC's.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 26, 2015, 03:30:39 pm
Or the people on here got tired of her hitting on them, realized she didn't actually know anything about sports, and started ignoring her. She deactivated her account

Nah

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Coach Booneville on April 30, 2015, 02:15:48 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on April 30, 2015, 02:09:54 pm
From my understanding May has been a guy a lot of people have wanted for this job the last couple times its been open. Just hasn't worked out that way till now
Yep that's the way I understand it too.  He is a great coach and a great man.  The kids at Booneville have loved playing for him.  He has a way of getting a lot out of all of his kids.

Same here.    Excellent Man and Coach.   

tmycjy

Hey what offense is he going to run

Okieback

I've drove through Waldron before, nice school, but how are they 4a?
There is nothing there.  Heavener across the line in Oklahoma is 3a sometimes large 2a, and their town has to be 4 times as big.

So they won in 2003 cause of a stud tailback.
I guess they couldn't build upon that?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Okieback on May 05, 2015, 08:27:57 pm
I've drove through Waldron before, nice school, but how are they 4a?
There is nothing there.  Heavener across the line in Oklahoma is 3a sometimes large 2a, and their town has to be 4 times as big.

So they won in 2003 cause of a stud tailback.
I guess they couldn't build upon that?

Their school district drags in everybody in the county....

Underdog88

Who was the studd tailback from Waldron?

beach bum

Quote from: Underdog88 on May 05, 2015, 09:00:09 pm
Who was the studd tailback from Waldron?

Sean Kearney I believe..... even with their best player ever they went 6-5 his junior year and 8-3 his senior season with first round exits. That was 2002 and 2003 I think. Since then they have won maybe 15 total games.

fbisgreat

Sean Kearny I'm not sure if that's how he spelled his name.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 26, 2015, 04:51:46 pm
Easy fellas....  She is still on here. 
She never got the concept that this is all in fun. She took stuff waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too seriously and got her panties in a wad pretty easy...

PrivateLesson

It's my understanding Waldrons numbers are up for spring practice.  Have also heard its some of the hardest workouts they have ever had.   

Gray lizard

This is great news.  I sure hope to see Waldron turn around their program.  Never good for a team to be down so long. 

PrivateLesson

Yeah....I know that someone who attended last years practices and this years said there is no comparison to the physicality level of workouts.  They said that the Junior High team along with the 7th grade was made to watch senior high practice.   Seems Coach May has a lot of new and encouraging ideas which is very good news.

phdefense

Looks like Waldron is on the road to success

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: phdefense on May 19, 2015, 12:32:22 pm
bazinga

PrivateLesson

Quote from: phdefense on May 19, 2015, 12:32:22 pm
On the road to success there are No shortcuts....but at least it sounds a little encouraging. (~:

arthurhawgerelli

I saw Waldron Jr. High play this year.  I couldn't believe the athleticism.  I also couldn't believe how uncoached they seemed.

That has changed.  Ricky May will go very far with the 2014 freshman bunch.  He will turn this program into competitive.  Waldron also will never have to worry about being embarrassed off the field like they were with the previous coach.  There's not a better Christian man coaching than Ricky May. 

Good luck Bulldogs.

beach bum

June 12, 2015, 02:55:08 pm #68 Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:32:44 am by beach bum
I bet the new coach is questioning going to Waldron knowing he will be in the 7-4A at least his first three years.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: beach bum on June 12, 2015, 02:55:08 pm
I bet the new coach is questioning going to Waldron knowing he will be in the 7-4A at least his first three years.
I don't know about that.....he's a very good man....and from what I do know of him...he's not one to back down.  Guarantee...he will give it all he's got.    Once he commits....he commits.   Never known him to be one to tuck tail and run.    I know he has a lot of support and many have wanted him in Waldron for years.   I hope to see him do great things.   

Okieback

PrivateLesson

July 16, 2015, 09:45:09 pm #71 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:47:30 pm by PrivateLesson
To The Top.    Let's all hope so for Waldrons sake.   It'll be a few years, tho..being realistic.

I read that the deadline for filing an appeal to the AAA is nearing....it may already be over with now.

Anyone know when those decisions are made or if Waldron did indeed appeal their current conference?   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 16, 2015, 09:45:09 pm
To The Top.    Let's all hope so for Waldrons sake.   It'll be a few years, tho..being realistic.

I read that the deadline for filing an appeal to the AAA is nearing....it may already be over with now.

Anyone know when those decisions are made or if Waldron did indeed appeal their current conference?   

Think hyesterday was the deadline

PrivateLesson

July 16, 2015, 09:53:41 pm #73 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:55:34 pm by PrivateLesson
I wondered that.   I heard that there is going to be a golf tournament held by the Booster Club....later this month.   Apparently, Coach May has brought a new sense of interest and excitement to their program according to some.   That's good news. 

Tigerdad2

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 16, 2015, 09:53:41 pm
I wondered that.   I heard that there is going to be a golf tournament held by the Booster Club....later this month.   Apparently, Coach May has brought a new sense of interest and excitement to their program according to some.   That's good news.
Having a new sense of interest and excitement to the program is great, but one of the first things Waldron should do is get on the phone and get 3 guaranteed non conference wins, call up Decatur, Marvell, find the worst team in Oklahoma and get wins. Kids need confidence!

Wonderdog

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on July 18, 2015, 12:33:54 pm
Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 16, 2015, 09:53:41 pm
Having a new sense of interest and excitement to the program is great, but one of the first things Waldron should do is get on the phone and get 3 guaranteed non conference wins, call up Decatur, Marvell, find the worst team in Oklahoma and get wins. Kids need confidence!
great idea for next year. It is already set in stone for this year unfortunately.

Lumberjackfan1978

PrivateLesson

Since Coach May is the Athletic Director as well.......at least he can have control over some of who they play non-conference wise but isn't games set-up on a rotation?    Not everyone switches up who they play do they?      Idk.

Also, couldn't the same confidence be accomplished in some team camps over the summer?   I understand it's not a actual game.   

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 20, 2015, 03:35:04 am
Since Coach May is the Athletic Director as well.......at least he can have control over some of who they play non-conference wise but isn't games set-up on a rotation?    Not everyone switches up who they play do they?      Idk.

A coach/AD should have total control over the non conference schedule. The games are typically 2 year deals, a home and home series. Some teams always play certain teams because they're rivals but it's totally up to the schools as far as scheduling.

Tigerdad2

July 20, 2015, 06:36:35 pm #79 Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:38:57 pm by Tigerdad2

Also, couldn't the same confidence be accomplished in some team camps over the summer?   I understand it's not a actual game.
When you have lost 30 plus games in a row and only won 36 games total since 2001, winning a real game against anyone will build confidence . Waldron can do  some research and schedule a game you can win and end the streak

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on July 20, 2015, 06:36:35 pm

When you have lost 30 plus games in a row and only won 36 games total since 2001, winning a real game against anyone will build confidence . Waldron can do  some research and schedule a game you can win and end the streak

When you are playing teams like Mansfield, Cedarville, and Paris. It's not much easier than that. You can't just win games. You got to have a quality Coach; Check. And the kids have to buy into the system he is Coaching. That's when you start seeing the wins happen.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2015, 08:44:02 am

When you are playing teams like Mansfield, Cedarville, and Paris. It's not much easier than that. You can't just win games. You got to have a quality Coach; Check. And the kids have to buy into the system he is Coaching. That's when you start seeing the wins happen.

Drew central, genoa, and lake village would like to have a word with you

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HF on August 05, 2015, 11:56:26 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2015, 08:44:02 am

Drew central, genoa, and lake village would like to have a word with you
lake village could be a great job with the right coach and new administration.

AirWarren

And new town, new kids, new everything. Got that nice government assisted "subdivision" right there off the highway too.

PrivateLesson

They have got to get a little tougher up front.....size seems to be somewhat of a issue, is my understanding.   Going to take a little time....nothing is instant.  People need to be aware of that, truth.  IMHO. 

Okieback

So new conference ?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Okieback on August 08, 2015, 01:05:53 pm
So new conference ?

Bet theybwould much prefer the 4a-4 to the 4a-7

Bulldog68

Waldron lost a tough on to Lavaca friday night 14-0. Costly turnovers hurt them pretty bad. I've been to some of their summer workouts. The numbers are up and the kids seem excited. Coach May brought a new attitude with him when he came.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas