• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4a Football

Started by KillaCamBaker, April 21, 2015, 10:43:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KillaCamBaker

Post any and everything you want about the 3-4a football season!

cuckoobird

Do they play football in the 3-4a?

OB11

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 22, 2015, 07:29:30 am

Usually every Friday night between September and November.

Nomad1324

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 22, 2015, 07:29:30 am

Well played bird. Has been a rough few years other than Valley View making a run before going to 5A.

whsfanbyforce

The pocahontas coach run off several baseball players because they wanted to skip work outs on Tuesday!

The Ref

Quote from: whsfanbyforce on April 22, 2015, 12:39:36 pm
The pocahontas coach run off several baseball players because they wanted to skip work outs on Tuesday!
So they skipped out on a football workout like on a baseball gameday or what?

whsfanbyforce

They wanted to skip Tuesday workouts because of conference double headers.   Coach said no, so they quit. 

beach bum

Quote from: whsfanbyforce on April 22, 2015, 04:35:19 pm
They wanted to skip Tuesday workouts because of conference double headers.   Coach said no, so they quit.

What a class act of a coach.... its sad he hasn't noticed 4A schools and down to 1A need kids playing multiple sports to have successful athletic programs. It is after all baseball season currently. I could care less about baseball even too. It sounds like the football coach needs to relax.

The Ref

He's an idiot if he's requiring kids to do a football workout on the day of a double header. That's not fair to the kids at all. Too many coaches have become selfish about their own sport & crapping on all other sports. Sad trend in the HS coaching profession.

beach bum

Quote from: The Ref on April 22, 2015, 07:22:33 pm
He's an idiot if he's requiring kids to do a football workout on the day of a double header. That's not fair to the kids at all. Too many coaches have become selfish about their own sport & crapping on all other sports. Sad trend in the HS coaching profession.

The baseball coach at a certain 1-4A school tells kids sometimes it is hard to play football and baseball at the same time. Last time I checked the 2 seasons are pretty far apart.

The Ref

Quote from: beach bum on April 22, 2015, 07:32:28 pm
I know plenty of basketball coaches who negative recruit against football & pressure kids to specialize.  Pisses me off & I wish administrators would work harder to prevent that kind of stuff.

The baseball coach at a certain 1-4A school tells kids sometimes it is hard to play football and baseball at the same time. Last time I checked the 2 seasons are pretty far apart.

cuckoobird

Kids who specialize don't get any better just playing one sport. It's a farse that causes laziness

The Ref

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 22, 2015, 07:48:35 pm
Kids who specialize don't get any better just playing one sport. It's a farse that causes laziness
basketball coaches think year round dribbling drills will make their teams unbeatable & that playing football is an automatic ACL tear.

cuckoobird

And you can tell they're right by how much basketball players have improved their basic skills in today's game. Sarcasm button needed

Brick Tamland

I

I feel that I need to say something here. I have a son on the Pocahontas football team, and I have been around this program for a long time and feel I can add some insight to the discussion.

1. I know for a fact that Pocahontas does NOT lift on Tuesdays or Thursday's.
2.  Pocahontas has had athletics before lunch for as long as I can remember. This is purposely done this way to keep spring sport athletes from missing athletic period.  It being so early in the day allows students to recover from any activities performed.
3. I am not sure why "whsfanbyforce" is posting so much about Pocahontas. I have seen you on a baseball thread involving Pocahontas and now this thread. I am assuming it is a fan of Westside that is jealous of Pocahontas' success.

beach bum

April 22, 2015, 09:00:45 pm #15 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:04:51 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Brick Tamland on April 22, 2015, 08:49:01 pm

I

I feel that I need to say something here. I have a son on the Pocahontas football team, and I have been around this program for a long time and feel I can add some insight to the discussion.

1. I know for a fact that Pocahontas does NOT lift on Tuesdays or Thursday's.
2.  Pocahontas has had athletics before lunch for as long as I can remember. This is purposely done this way to keep spring sport athletes from missing athletic period.  It being so early in the day allows students to recover from any activities performed.
3. I am not sure why "whsfanbyforce" is posting so much about Pocahontas. I have seen you on a baseball thread involving Pocahontas and now this thread. I am assuming it is a fan of Westside that is jealous of Pocahontas' success.

Who would be jealous of Pocahontas??  ::) Most people aren't jealous of a 10-20 all time playoff record.

Brick Tamland

I imagine Westside. Did you read the post? Or do u just have comprehension issues? 

beach bum

I think they would be jealous of tradition rich programs... like Warren and Nashville. What does Pocahontas do in the playoffs worth noting?

Brick Tamland

You had three options on your multiple choice test questions when everyone else four didn't you?  You see. I made the comparison of Westside to Pocahontas. While I agree that Westside is jealous of warren and Nashville. I would contend that they are probably jealous of Pocahontas' 20 appearances in the playoffs in the last 25 years as well. Here I will take you back to high school maybe it will help:

Brick Tamland compared Westsides  (0-3 playoff record over the last 25 years) success to which school?

A). Warren
B). Nashville
C). Pocahontas
D). Stuttgart

For Beach bums exam u may eliminate option D.

If you have any more trouble please see me after class.

WPWells

Oooh ooh! I know the answer! Call on me professor Tamland!

whsfanbyforce

FYI....my son pitches for Pocahontas. He started every football game in the fall. The coach wouldn't let my son skip Tuesday workouts. He said "I won't make him work upper body." I didn't want my son to quit football, but he may earn a baseball scholarship. I don't agree with the coaches decision.  I just stated he run off some good football players. Your son may not have lifted on Tuesday,  but mine did at Pocahontas.

whsfanbyforce

April 23, 2015, 12:42:53 pm #21 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:08:29 pm by whsfanbyforce
Also don't assume for various reasons! Pocahontas has great coaches and all seem to be very fair.  I respect the football coaches decision to not let them skip Tuesday workouts. It's just a shame thst the kids had to choose. I know my son will be sick on Friday nights in October.

beach bum

April 23, 2015, 01:16:22 pm #22 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:21:43 pm by beach bum
Quote from: whsfanbyforce on April 23, 2015, 12:42:53 pm
Also don't assume for various reasons! Pocahontas has great coaches and all seem to be very fair.  I respect the football coaches decision to not let them skip Tuesday workouts. It's just a shame thst the kids had to choose. I know my son will be sick on Friday nights in October.

I have no respect for a coach that doesn't let kids play the season that is currently going on without worrying about negative consequences for a sport that is 4 or 5 months away. Tell me how it would go if come October the baseball coach wants the football players taking batting practice on a Friday afternoon and threatens consequences come March if they don't show up  ::)

whsfanbyforce

Football is king at Pocahontas,  but that may change. The baseball coach it making strides, and may make a run at a state title in a year or two.

hogfan22

Football will always be king at Pocahontas

hogfan22

and....   whsfanbyforce.  your son did not lift weights on tuesday or thursday.

bengle

In reference to brick tamland saying westside is jealous of pocahontas,  Its not called jealousy its called respect for their program, coaches and players. We at Westside are simply just trying to build a solid program and at the same time respect those that are well established.

whsfanbyforce

Quote from: hogfan22 on April 27, 2015, 07:52:50 am

I don't know coach Baty, but I trust he's not a liar. I know my son is not a liar. I don't think the other kids are liars. I was never present at school during the football period to know for sure, i'm only taking second hand information.  I did have a conversation with the coach about it, and I know for sure I'm not a liar.

cuckoobird

Quote from: whsfanbyforce on April 27, 2015, 09:13:52 am

I don't know coach Baty, but I trust he's not a liar. I know my son is not a liar. I don't think the other kids are liars. I was never present at school during the football period to know for sure, i'm only taking second hand information.  I did have a conversation with the coach about it, and I know for sure I'm not a liar.
but we don't know that

Brick Tamland

Quote from: whsfanbyforce on April 23, 2015, 12:42:53 pm
Quote from: whsfanbyforce on April 27, 2015, 09:13:52 am

The evidence suggests other wise.  If you respected the decision so much, why is the first post (from you) on this thread that is actually about 3-4A simply bashing a decision made by the football coach?  After conversations with my son those that quit actually quit prior to the baseball season beginning. So, I would say at best you have been misleading.  I would never say you were a liar, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. 

KillaCamBaker

Pre-season predictions and your "Surprise Team" who y'all got?

elvis26

;D I think Pocahontas and Gosnell will be the 2 best teams in the conf!!!!!! I think the trumann wildcats could be that surprise team this year!!!!!! their junior high went undefeated this past season!!!!!!!!! trumann has been down for about 5 years. it is time for them to start winning again!!!!!!!!!!

Brookland0311

I'm extremely bias, but I think Brookland surprises a lot this fall.  The new offense has a lot of promise and fits our talent much better IMO.

I'm also very excited to see the new field turf as soon as its done.  Last I had heard we were about 2 years away from raising the money and then boom, I read in the paper that we'll have it this year.

KillaCamBaker

Quote from: Brookland0311 on June 28, 2015, 01:34:13 pm
I'm extremely bias, but I think Brookland surprises a lot this fall.  The new offense has a lot of promise and fits our talent much better IMO.

I'm also very excited to see the new field turf as soon as its done.  Last I had heard we were about 2 years away from raising the money and then boom, I read in the paper that we'll have it this year.
Haven't heard about that! But good for Brookland I really see there program coming up in the next years but I have to agree with Elvis Trumann will surprise a lot of teams this year a good sophomore group coming in with a great senior group who have been in Waymires system for three Yeats now

Brookland0311

By Brookland surprising a lot of folks I meant we win 4 games.   :)  I'm biased not delusional

Brooklands offense will look about 100 times different this year.  heck he taught them boys how to huddle, something none of them had ever done  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas