• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln open?

Started by beach bum, April 01, 2015, 10:26:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

4AWhistler

May 16, 2015, 11:09:09 am #200 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:10:49 am by 4AWhistler
He's been on the field since Monday.

I sat with a group of the boys yesterday after practice, and they are very excited about Coach Harrison.  It's good to see that. 

He's working on getting some summer camps lined up, but boys say he has made a priority to focused on getting his offensive and defensive systems in place.

catinthehat

Quote from: phdefense on May 15, 2015, 09:38:14 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on May 15, 2015, 09:03:55 pm
Had 53 players out today for practice
Now we need to just wait for cat to report on how many of them were tough.  ;D

I'll let you know. But it will have to wait until the honeymoon is over. It won't be long. Like I said before...Spring practice is when the quitters come back - and basketball players show up. But when the going gets tough, the untough get gone! You believe there will be 53 football players when it is all said and done? Are you going to be man enough to report how many players stick it out, or would you prefer that I do it?

whippersnapper

I'll post their numbers at week 1, week 10 and week 15 if I need too. Not a problem for me. You'll learn one thing cat I will post bold predictions but I'll eat crow when wrong.

4AWhistler

Quote from: catinthehat on May 16, 2015, 10:49:33 pm

I'll let you know. But it will have to wait until the honeymoon is over. It won't be long. Like I said before...Spring practice is when the quitters come back - and basketball players show up. But when the going gets tough, the untough get gone! You believe there will be 53 football players when it is all said and done? Are you going to be man enough to report how many players stick it out, or would you prefer that I do it?
Lincoln has always counted on basketball players coming back in the spring for football just as Prairie Grove and every other 4A and smaller schools have, and many of those kids are big contributors to their programs.  At the very least, 4 of the kids who came from basketball will be starters on both sides of the ball.

Oldbadger

53 kids is a lot for any 4A school.  Most likely they will lose 10 when fall practice begins.  But also most likely, those 10 will not have been able to contribute to the team in any way but to make the numbers larger.  The remaining 40 or so will be those who feel they can contribute on the field.  In other words, the athletes.  That's what you have to have to compete, all the athletes, so none are left roaming the halls.  So, the new coach is off to a good start.  Give him time and things can work out for Lincoln.  Good luck Lincoln.

phdefense

Quote from: Oldbadger on May 17, 2015, 11:42:09 am
53 kids is a lot for any 4A school.  Most likely they will lose 10 when fall practice begins.  But also most likely, those 10 will not have been able to contribute to the team in any way but to make the numbers larger.  The remaining 40 or so will be those who feel they can contribute on the field.  In other words, the athletes.  That's what you have to have to compete, all the athletes, so none are left roaming the halls.  So, the new coach is off to a good start.  Give him time and things can work out for Lincoln.  Good luck Lincoln.
They may never see field on Friday even in blowouts, but that does not mean they are not contributing. If they give all they got in practice and help their team prepare then they are contributing as well. Larger numbers don't just give you depth they allow you to work on more things at once in practice as well.

catinthehat

Quote from: 4AWhistler on May 17, 2015, 10:02:17 am
Quote from: catinthehat on May 16, 2015, 10:49:33 pm

Lincoln has always counted on basketball players coming back in the spring for football just as Prairie Grove and every other 4A and smaller schools have, and many of those kids are big contributors to their programs.  At the very least, 4 of the kids who came from basketball will be starters on both sides of the ball.

Are these NEW b'ball players who have never played f'ball before, or are they merely previous players who have QUIT f'ball in years past and are back out again? Add your name to the list of "reporters" along with Whippersnapper who have faith that these young men will stick it out through the fall. Even Coach Harris with his success could not get out 53 players. I think it's unrealistic expectations that they'll stay; even more unrealistic that they'll start on both sides of the ball.

catinthehat

Quote from: phdefense on May 17, 2015, 12:34:51 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on May 17, 2015, 11:42:09 am
They may never see field on Friday even in blowouts, but that does not mean they are not contributing. If they give all they got in practice and help their team prepare then they are contributing as well. Larger numbers don't just give you depth they allow you to work on more things at once in practice as well.

How? Explain. Like to hear how you might group your practice sessions.

catinthehat

Quote from: whippersnapper on May 16, 2015, 10:54:21 pm
I'll post their numbers at week 1, week 10 and week 15 if I need too. Not a problem for me. You'll learn one thing cat I will post bold predictions but I'll eat crow when wrong.

You'll need to.
BTW...How about another "bold prediction"? Wins/losses for 2015 season?

beach bum

Quote from: catinthehat on May 17, 2015, 01:30:45 pm

You'll need to.

I have never heard someone bad mouth their own hometown so much.... I am guessing you moved in and didn't go to school there. I really have never witnessed someone bash their own team so much.

whippersnapper

I've never said he will retain all 53 players. I feel once the kids see his summer schedule for July that usually helps them make their choice of playing or not playing. As for a record prediction? I'll wait a while for that. I haven't had a chance to see anyone throw a football yet even.

beach bum

Quote from: whippersnapper on May 17, 2015, 01:51:32 pm
I've never said he will retain all 53 players. I feel once the kids see his summer schedule for July that usually helps them make their choice of playing or not playing. As for a record prediction? I'll wait a while for that. I haven't had a chance to see anyone throw a football yet even.

Just ignore the Negative Nancy..... he is just trolling.

Oldbadger

I, for one, am pleased with Lincoln's coach.  I don't know him but, as I said before, he has the creds.  If the Lincoln administration will allow it, he will get the program respectable again.  As we all know, at a small school, groups of athletes will come in cycles.  Maybe in a couple of years, they will have a good one.  One can only hope.  I am pulling for him. 

TIGER101

You'll need to.

I will say, 2 wins will be realistic could go to 3 if the schedule is friendly to them.   The last coach went in there trying to not ripple the water and didn't bring his own style in with him.  This coach can't make the same mistake.   If he has to sacrifice a year or two then so be it. 

catinthehat

Quote from: beach bum on May 17, 2015, 01:48:23 pm

You'll need to.

I have never heard someone bad mouth their own hometown so much.... I am guessing you moved in and didn't go to school there. I really have never witnessed someone bash their own team so much.

Nope. Not from Lincoln and not a "move-in" either. 

AirWarren

Cat, why the animosity? Your kid get benched? And you think he is an all star but really isn't?

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on May 17, 2015, 08:38:03 pm
Cat, why the animosity? Your kid get benched? And you think he is an all star but really isn't?
The new coach will obviously be successful if he plays cat's kid and in the position that cat and his son have agreed that he needs to be played.

whippersnapper

Well I saw Mr Harrison Swayne throw today and I'll say this the kid has a heck of an arm. A few throws today were on a line right to the WR. And the guys were catching them too. Coach isnt going to fast and is being very vanilla with the guys in not wanting to overwhelm them. Overall a good first practice for the Wolves.

catinthehat

Quote from: whippersnapper on May 18, 2015, 06:07:29 pm
Well I saw Mr Harrison Swayne throw today and I'll say this the kid has a heck of an arm. A few throws today were on a line right to the WR. And the guys were catching them too. Coach isnt going to fast and is being very vanilla with the guys in not wanting to overwhelm them. Overall a good first practice for the Wolves.

Just wait, Mr. Whippersnapper. Just wait! Mr Harrison Swayne also has a heck of desire not to get hit! He doesn't particularly like it when there's a defense on the other side of the line. Gotta admire your faith though! And your hero-worship of the new coach!! I know you're hoping for the best. But I've seen him throw a few games. Last year. Perhaps he's grown to actually like the game of football. Anything can happen!

catinthehat

Quote from: phdefense on May 17, 2015, 09:07:56 pm
The new coach will obviously be successful if he plays cat's kid and in the position that cat and his son have agreed that he needs to be played.

Nope. Been a long time since I've had a kid on a field. No animosity. Just reality. Since I don't have "a dog in this hunt", I just call it like I see it. Just because someone tells it the way it really is doesn't mean they like it. I remember once upon a time when a certain coach got caught riding motorcycles with his girlfriend while his wife and kids were at home. Am I "bashing" him by saying it? Don't think so. Because it was true. I've been accused of bashing the new coach. Don't think so. Because all that I have said is true. If not...where was I mistaken? Maybe I inadvertently lied. But I don't think so.

TIGER101

Quote from: catinthehat on May 18, 2015, 07:04:44 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on May 18, 2015, 06:07:29 pm

Just wait, Mr. Whippersnapper. Just wait! Mr Harrison Swayne also has a heck of desire not to get hit! He doesn't particularly like it when there's a defense on the other side of the line. Gotta admire your faith though! And your hero-worship of the new coach!! I know you're hoping for the best. But I've seen him throw a few games. Last year. Perhaps he's grown to actually like the game of football. Anything can happen!

Not talking about the kid, but I must admit, I kinda laughed a little when reading this.  Good come back!!!

AirWarren

Cat needs to teach him how to be tough. First rule of thumb is get on a message board and tell people how to be tough.

phdefense

Jacketman65

Quote from: phdefense on May 17, 2015, 09:07:56 pm
Maybe Cat wants to play, just a little scared!!!!!

catinthehat

Quote from: phdefense on May 18, 2015, 09:07:51 pm

Really????? Who? Can't be me because Jacketman65 says that I'm "just a little scared." LOL!

phdefense

Quote from: catinthehat on May 19, 2015, 12:24:49 pm

Really????? Who? Can't be me because Jacketman65 says that I'm "just a little scared." LOL!
Anyone masquerading as a Seuss character should be. So let me communicate to you in a way I think you can understand.

One fish, two fish
red fish, blue fish
read more
post less

catinthehat

Quote from: phdefense on May 19, 2015, 12:38:13 pm
Quote from: catinthehat on May 19, 2015, 12:24:49 pm

Anyone masquerading as a Seuss character should be. So let me communicate to you in a way I think you can understand.

One fish, two fish
red fish, blue fish
read more
post less

Quoting from your favorite book, I see! Is it the only one you've read cover to cover?
Try "Horton Hears a Who". I hear it has a surprise ending.
Kinda like Lincoln football will have this coming year for the new coach!
Let's see... "ph"..."puddin' head" maybe?

gametime

Well now I see we have a new idiot on FF.  Cat you need to just take your kid out of Lincoln asap.  It's obvious you are going to screw him out of any playing time in the future, because of how unintelligent you are.  Heck coming from Lincoln you could be anybody including the principal or AD trying to sabotage your whole program to get yourself hired to be the next coach. 

Jacketman65

Cat  just wants to play,  hoping to win a starting position!  Word is that he came over to FB from the band - also ;D he can play one heck of a flute, may even do it at half time if the officials will allow it!

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 19, 2015, 09:23:06 pm
Cat  just wants to play,  hoping to win a starting position!  Word is that he came over to FB from the band - also ;D he can play one heck of a flute, may even do it at half time if the officials will allow it!
How do you know he plays the flute?  ???

Jacketman65

Tigerdad2

Quote from: gametime on May 19, 2015, 08:37:54 pm
Well now I see we have a new idiot on FF.  Cat you need to just take your kid out of Lincoln asap.  It's obvious you are going to screw him out of any playing time in the future, because of how unintelligent you are.  Heck coming from Lincoln you could be anybody including the principal or AD trying to sabotage your whole program to get yourself hired to be the next coach.
Or someone on the coaching staff

whippersnapper

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on May 21, 2015, 07:02:43 am
Quote from: gametime on May 19, 2015, 08:37:54 pm
Or someone on the coaching staff
Maybe someone formally on the coaching staff. I know that one assistant left.

followme

Formerly maybe?  I do believe that Harrison is gonna bring new life to this program. He is a good guy with good football intelligence.

whippersnapper

Quote from: followme on May 21, 2015, 12:15:16 pm
Formerly maybe?  I do believe that Harrison is gonna bring new life to this program. He is a good guy with good football intelligence.
Yeah, that's what I meant haha. Formerly

beach bum

May 21, 2015, 02:29:39 pm #235 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:27:44 pm by beach bum
I think for Lincoln in 2015 it could go as followed...

NON CONFERENCE: They can beat Cedarville and Keys, OK. Cedarville is from the weakest 3A conference so as a 4A school you should win that game. Keys finished last in its conference last season in Oklahoma so you should win that too. Westville finished 2nd in the same conference as Keys last year and returns most of its players so that should be a tough one for Lincoln. Westville historically is really bad (8 regular season wins last year, BUT after a 7-43 record the previous 5 seasons).... I say a 2-1 record in non conference.

CONFERENCE PLAY:

Should win: Berryville

Toss ups: Gentry and Huntsville

Far reaches: Gravette and Pea Ridge

Too much to ask: Prairie Grove and Shiloh

At this point I think a 5-5 season and a playoff appearance would be a really good first season at Lincoln. Anything less than 3 would be a disappointment. If he got to 6 wins then he would get coach of the year in the 1-4A. The bottom of the league is very up in the air for the final playoff spot. Sneaking a win over Gravette or Pea Ridge would be the dream scenario.

catinthehat

Not on the staff. Not "formally" on the staff. (Sorry, Whippersnapper, just couldn't resist.) Not a coach. Not a player. Not a parent of a player. Not in the band. Don't play the flute. Not the AD. Not the principal either, who happens to be a woman and probably has no desire to coach fb. I don't live in Lincoln and never have. I have friends who are way tired of the direction the fb program has been going in Lincoln. I live in the area, and I know some of the kids who play. And might I remind you that ff is just a fb blog. So that's why I post. 

Jacketman65

So you play the flute and you have FRIENDS that play football?

cuckoobird

I'm pretty sure he plays the flute

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: catinthehat on May 21, 2015, 11:49:46 pm
I have friends who are way tired of the direction the fb program has been going in Lincoln.

This is code for: The mean old coaches won't let my little boy play.  :'(

Tigerdad2

Anything new going on with the L.A football team?

catinthehat

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on June 02, 2015, 01:39:22 pm
Anything new going on with the L.A football team?

L.A? Lincoln?

Tigerdad2

Yes Lincoln Arkansas football team

whippersnapper

Went to a pad camp this morning in Hackett. Had the best energy and enthusiasm out of 7 teams there. Some mistakes were made but overall a good day to be going into the summer on.

catinthehat

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 02, 2015, 05:08:00 pm
Went to a pad camp this morning in Hackett. Had the best energy and enthusiasm out of 7 teams there. Some mistakes were made but overall a good day to be going into the summer on.

Just curious...How many from Lincoln attended the camp?

whippersnapper

Quote from: catinthehat on June 02, 2015, 08:46:33 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on June 02, 2015, 05:08:00 pm

Just curious...How many from Lincoln attended the camp?
I didn't count but they took 2 busses. Looked like maybe missing 8-10 but doing the camp was also a last second kind of deal.

4AWhistler

Meyers reassigned to non-coaching duties.  Don't believe that's a very good move.

Tigerdad2

Don't think it's a good move for him? Or Lincoln ?
If he was unhappy with administration , it's time to part ways.

4AWhistler

I hate to see him off the field.  The kids respect him and like him even though he's tough on them.  But, he's also an excellent teacher in the classroom, so I'm up in the air on this one.  I'd heard the AD tried to get this to happen and Davenport wouldn't go along with it.  If Meyers wants to continue coaching, it will have to be somewhere else, which is a shame.  I know he's not taking it well.

Along the same line, this appears to be the reason for Hammons' departure as well.

PrivateLesson

June 06, 2015, 09:28:20 pm #249 Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:59:12 pm by PrivateLesson
...I like to read Dr Seuss too...." Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Best of Luck to Lincoln and Coach Harrison.  I hope he proves people's negative opinions wrong:)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas