• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln open?

Started by beach bum, April 01, 2015, 10:26:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Wolf

Still waiting. Hoping to hear something this week.

Pack_Mentality

Quote from: Big Papa Wolf on May 04, 2015, 05:50:22 pm
Once again stating opinion as if was fact. I disagree. I believe that what carried them was defense. They had a middle linebacker that would stuff everything B gap to B gap. They played hard and physical on that side of the ball. That is what I feel carried them to their victories not one running back. It takes 11 guys to play defense and they only gave up 6.2 points per ball game and that included giving up 30 to Stilwells 8th and some 9th graders. Without that it was 3.2 points per game. I think you are going to win a lot of games with scoring defense like that. Like I said my opinion and my opinion says the right coach will make a huge difference. They may not reach the heights of some of the other groups but I refuse to right them off.

Yes in pee wee and in 7th grade they whooped butt largely in part to having one kid that is older and more mature than the rest. If you can't see that your blind. And your right this group has more potential than any group. But potential gets you no where if you spend all your time belly aching about coaches or resting on your laurels. And there was a lot of belly aching around me in the stands. Telling our kids it's not their faults and blaming it on coaches (whether it's true or not) sends a terrible message. We need to be telling them they can accomplish anything as long as they are willing to pay the price. This group will have to work harder than any other group before because they don't have a supporting cast like the seniors that graduated last year. Now I'm going to get off my soap box.

Big Papa Wolf

Quote from: Pack_Mentality on May 04, 2015, 08:01:40 pm
Once again stating opinion as if was fact. I disagree. I believe that what carried them was defense. They had a middle linebacker that would stuff everything B gap to B gap. They played hard and physical on that side of the ball. That is what I feel carried them to their victories not one running back. It takes 11 guys to play defense and they only gave up 6.2 points per ball game and that included giving up 30 to Stilwells 8th and some 9th graders. Without that it was 3.2 points per game. I think you are going to win a lot of games with scoring defense like that. Like I said my opinion and my opinion says the right coach will make a huge difference. They may not reach the heights of some of the other groups but I refuse to right them off.

Yes in pee wee and in 7th grade they whooped butt largely in part to having one kid that is older and more mature than the rest. If you can't see that your blind. And your right this group has more potential than any group. But potential gets you no where if you spend all your time belly aching about coaches or resting on your laurels. And there was a lot of belly aching around me in the stands. Telling our kids it's not their faults and blaming it on coaches (whether it's true or not) sends a terrible message. We need to be telling them they can accomplish anything as long as they are willing to pay the price. This group will have to work harder than any other group before because they don't have a supporting cast like the seniors that graduated last year. Now I'm going to get off my soap box.

Its funny that since they only have one kid that there were 6 or 7 other starters on there Jr. High team that were in the 8th grade. Glad to here that you were in the stands, because you would have been one of the few. I also here the same belly aching, but you also hear the other side. That the coach can do no wrong. I fall somewhere in between. I will admit that that group of boys gave up on the coaches last year, but you my friend are deaf, dumb, and blind if you think for a second that our coaching was up to par. I feel sorry for Coach Davenport in the fact that I believe that he thought that he was getting a solid group of coaches. He did not. As a first year head coach I wish that things would have gone better for him. Some was his own doing and some was the kids not doing their part. This will be the 6th head coach in Lincoln in the last 16 years. I hope they get it right and bring in a guy that will rally the kids, the parents, and the community. Then maybe our administration will commit to them. Then maybe, just maybe we will all go to a football game and enjoy it. I really doubt anyone wert to a game last year wanting to belly ache. 

Tigerdad2

You guys are talking about 7th grade football, the kid was obviously bigger than everyone else. One year later he's not any bigger. Good luck Lincoln , you Berryville and Gentry will fight for last place for the next 5-7 years.

Big Papa Wolf

Feel free to see your self back out of the conversation if you don't like the topic.

beach bum

May 04, 2015, 09:26:42 pm #105 Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:34:43 pm by beach bum
My 7th grade team went 10-0.... but our RB and FB had beards. I am not joking either. I sure am glad all 75 pounds of me didn't have to tackle them being twice my weight. That is the nature of 7th grade football everywhere.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Big Papa Wolf on May 04, 2015, 09:23:34 pm
Feel free to see your self back out of the conversation if you don't like the topic.
I could talk Lincoln football all day long. Just giving my opinion like everyone else

SouthpawSensation

For those interested: the new Lincoln coach is ..... still to be determined.
Nobody hired tonight.

gametime

I keep hearing about how the team 2 years ago was the greatest of all time.  That team would not have been able to stay on the field with the Lincoln team when Cody Hammer was there.  That team got killed with kids quitting and transferring before they were done.

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on May 04, 2015, 11:23:04 pm
I keep hearing about how the team 2 years ago was the greatest of all time.  That team would not have been able to stay on the field with the Lincoln team when Cody Hammer was there.  That team got killed with kids quitting and transferring before they were done.
Why did they quit and transfer? 

Tigerdad2

Ryan Mallet was at Lincoln also
So many kids have left Lincoln for other schools

Big Papa Wolf

IIRC Cody transferred after his 8th grade year. The rest was the transition from Coach Guthrie to Coach Johnson. You had a couple transfer and then the rest didn't play their senior year. He was let go after that season. That was possibly the best group I personally have seen come through because much the same as the class last year they had 2 really good groups in a row. I feel that team would have been able to accomplish some of the same things this last team did. They did not stay together, hence the reason last years team is the best ever and there is no argument to it. Also, you see the problem. Guthrie had help coming and is forced out. Harris has the best season ever and leaves. It is not just hiring the right coach but retaining him.

Big Papa Wolf

Yes Ryan was in Lincoln until he was 12. His dad was also a coach that left and took a job elsewhere. That is a little different situation that the other kids that have transferred out.

Pack_Mentality

Quote from: Big Papa Wolf on May 04, 2015, 08:59:36 pm

Its funny that since they only have one kid that there were 6 or 7 other starters on there Jr. High team that were in the 8th grade. Glad to here that you were in the stands, because you would have been one of the few. I also here the same belly aching, but you also hear the other side. That the coach can do no wrong. I fall somewhere in between. I will admit that that group of boys gave up on the coaches last year, but you my friend are deaf, dumb, and blind if you think for a second that our coaching was up to par. I feel sorry for Coach Davenport in the fact that I believe that he thought that he was getting a solid group of coaches. He did not. As a first year head coach I wish that things would have gone better for him. Some was his own doing and some was the kids not doing their part. This will be the 6th head coach in Lincoln in the last 16 years. I hope they get it right and bring in a guy that will rally the kids, the parents, and the community. Then maybe our administration will commit to them. Then maybe, just maybe we will all go to a football game and enjoy it. I really doubt anyone wert to a game last year wanting to belly ache.

My point exactly while your telling your kids and other kids Lincoln's coaching staff is not up to par. PG is telling their kids we have the best coaching staff in the state. Kids will not play hard for coaches they don't respect and it is hard for kids to respect their coaches when momma and daddy are bad mouthing them at home. Also, a coach should not have to rally up support. The community, parents, and administration should support their KIDS regaurdless of the coaching staff.

The current assistants at Lincoln are one of the best group of assistants they have ever had. Coach Harris put most of this staff together in his time at Lincoln and you don't make a deep run into the playoffs for the first time in school history on talent alone.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Big Papa Wolf on May 05, 2015, 09:16:43 am
IIRC Cody transferred after his 8th grade year. The rest was the transition from Coach Guthrie to Coach Johnson. You had a couple transfer and then the rest didn't play their senior year. He was let go after that season. That was possibly the best group I personally have seen come through because much the same as the class last year they had 2 really good groups in a row. I feel that team would have been able to accomplish some of the same things this last team did. They did not stay together, hence the reason last years team is the best ever and there is no argument to it. Also, you see the problem. Guthrie had help coming and is forced out. Harris has the best season ever and leaves. It is not just hiring the right coach but retaining him.

Cody left after seventh grade I believe. I'm pretty sure he played for Ramay in eighth grade, but I may need to ask him myself.

Big Papa Wolf

Quote from: Pack_Mentality on May 05, 2015, 09:31:39 am
Quote from: Big Papa Wolf on May 04, 2015, 08:59:36 pm

My point exactly while your telling your kids and other kids Lincoln's coaching staff is not up to par. PG is telling their kids we have the best coaching staff in the state. Kids will not play hard for coaches they don't respect and it is hard for kids to respect their coaches when momma and daddy are bad mouthing them at home. Also, a coach should not have to rally up support. The community, parents, and administration should support their KIDS regaurdless of the coaching staff.

The current assistants at Lincoln are one of the best group of assistants they have ever had. Coach Harris put most of this staff together in his time at Lincoln and you don't make a deep run into the playoffs for the first time in school history on talent alone.

I agree 100% with one thing you said. Kids will not play for a coach they don't respect. The first month of the season I asked probably 30 kids ranging from 7th grade to 12th grade what you thought about the new coach, and not one said they liked him. Most were indifferent about him. about 10 said that they didn't like what was going on. The indifferent ones were swayed to the other side after getting blown out in game one and losing a supposedly rent a win game against Keys. The rumbling in the stands started when the games were over at halftime. I think everyone expected to come back down to earth after the year before, but didn't expect the crash landing of not even being competitive. What changed? Graduation and Coach Harris left. You were left with a huge hole in every position and in fighting amongst the coaches didn't solve that. You also had an offensive coordinator that was not ready for that responsibility. Meyers was the only coach that I feel the kids respected. I also feel that Coach Harris is what drove the machine. The best game I saw called offensively was by Hammonds and it lasted one Thursday night. The next week we decided to go from spread to wing T and defense also changed to a 4 front. Harris provided leadership not only for the kids but I also feel for the other coaches. Now you have Hammonds leaving so what I feel is the second best coach outside of Meyers on staff is also gone. This is the reason I say the right guy has to be hired and retained. Hammonds was brought in by Harris and if Harris was still here I believe Hammond would stay also. Meyers was already here when Harris got the job. I think the ones he brought in were Bounds and Lewis.
I also somewhat agree that a coach shouldn't have to rally support. He should have it from day one. If you think that is the way it is you are sadly mistaken. Kids don't sign up to play a physically demanding game like football to go out and get beat down once a week. There were several kids that didn't play last year. There are several more not planning on playing this next year. These kids will have to be persuaded to play and nobody is going to get that done unless the new coach does it. The tradition has to change. One good year every once in a while won't do it. There are people with kids in athletics (not football) that couldn't pick Davenport out of a lineup. Hard to get that parent to talk to his kid about playing football when you have never seen the coach. In Lincoln today, this coach will have to sell everyone on the program.

Big Papa Wolf

Quote from: DerekOxford on May 05, 2015, 09:32:50 am

Cody left after seventh grade I believe. I'm pretty sure he played for Ramay in eighth grade, but I may need to ask him myself.

That may be correct, I know they won the conference in his last year in Lincoln. I don't remember him playing up as a 7th grader, so I was thinking that he was an 8th grader. I will have to make a call and check. Cody also had a little brother I would have loved to keep in Lincoln also.

gametime

Let's look at it this way. That group did finish through the 12th grade year, BUT anyone who knows anything about football will tell you they could not have beaten the earlier team if they had stayed together. 
PG beats your greatest team of all time by 20+ points and they would have not beaten that earlier Lincoln team.  No chance!

gametime

As a matter of fact that team would of gave PG 2012 everything they wanted.

Big Papa Wolf

I don't disagree with you that they could have been the best. Just that they did not prove it on the field as high schoolers. As a jr. high team without question I take the 04 group. They were just tough as heck and played like their head coach. The diamond T had it going on.

Big Papa Wolf

Quote from: Big Papa Wolf on May 05, 2015, 11:10:33 am

That may be correct, I know they won the conference in his last year in Lincoln. I don't remember him playing up as a 7th grader, so I was thinking that he was an 8th grader. I will have to make a call and check. Cody also had a little brother I would have loved to keep in Lincoln also.

Derek, Mike said he left Lincoln after his 8th grade year.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Big Papa Wolf on May 05, 2015, 11:51:28 am
Quote from: Big Papa Wolf on May 05, 2015, 11:10:33 am

Derek, Mike said he left Lincoln after his 8th grade year.

Now that I went back and thought about it, that's right. I know Ramay was ecstatic to get him in ninth grade because their group that year wasn't really that good and he was one of the best, if not the best player, in the Northwest Arkansas Conference that year.

Big Papa Wolf

I would agree with that. Getting Cody and Derek made them better fast. He was always a game changer.

Infamous

Newport HC Don Harrison has resigned and accepted the same position at Lincoln.

Tigerdad2

I wonder what Meyers thinks about this?

whippersnapper

Well now that its out there I'll give Lincoln a preview of their new HC Don Harrison. For most of our veteran posters know I have a close relationship with Harrison. He is a very good friend of mine and with him now becoming the new wolves coach I will now support them as well and post updates on them.
First off let me say you're getting a winner. As a sr high coach his record is 17-6 (74%) with 1 playoff win and 1 conference championship. But I also want give you his record as the Greenwood 9th grade coach from 06-09....36-2-1. His teams won 4 straight River valley conference championships. Which at that time no one had even won back 2 back before. His teams didnt play Lavaca or Charleston, they played the feeder schools for southside, northside, van buren and of course alma. So add the 2 records together and you get 53-8-1(85%).
So...will he stick around if he has a tough start? Yes. He isnt going just tuck tail and run after 1 or 2 seasons. His son is about to be a sophomore and he will now graduate at lincoln. Another reason he is will stick around is because family. With his oldest now starting high school ball both sets of grandparents can make it to all his games. Newport is 4 hours or more from all of their family and after 4 years it takes a toll. Also both Harrison and his wife have family in the NWA area.
So Congratulations to the Harrison family and the Lincoln football program.

PrivateLesson

Awesome and Congrats!

beach bum

May 08, 2015, 07:24:01 pm #127 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:34:10 pm by beach bum
Congrats... this is a little crazy to me though. He had to have wanted in NWA desperately. Until Gravette and Prairie Grove head to 5A in a couple cycles I don't see much winning happening at Lincoln. He went from a chance to win a title with Newport  dropping to 3A now to probably fighting for a playoff spot in the 2nd worst conference in 4A. People will jump on me for an opinion. Obviously, he wanted in NWA pretty bad. Great snag for Lincoln but I assume others are pretty shocked as well. I have a lot of respect for a guy willing to take on a challenge like that. Lincoln probably could have went through the process 100 times and never end up with this good of an outcome of getting an established guy like this.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

May 08, 2015, 07:24:31 pm #128 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:27:38 pm by Coach DePriest, Harrison
Good guy and high school teammate of mine in football and baseball.  Was a very good player in both.  Congratulations to Don and Lincoln.

catinthehat

Yes, a little more than crazy. You are nuts if you think this guy is at Lincoln for the long haul. Maybe he has family here and that's a good reason to come. It's a stepping stone and if he's smart he'll step quick. It's beyond crazy for him to leave a situation like Newport and go to Lincoln. Like I said before a million times, coaches start getting the big head when they come from schools where there is a tremendous amount of talent and...surprise, surprise...they win. They start thinking it's all about how good a coach they are. That's OK. Lincoln is the place to go to get a little piece of humble pie. Actually, I feel a little sorry for this new coach. He's about to find out what happens when you don't have players. His son better be a QB...since Lincoln doesn't have one. Harrison better bring a magic wand, or a few players from Newport. He's gonna need both. Oh, boy. It's going to be an interesting year!

WPWells

Sorry you don't approve. Too bad your opinion doesn't matter

whippersnapper

I knew it would be this kind of reaction. Haha. But his reasons are his own and his family's. I also know this as some have stated, he is a good coach. This isnt a big headed move by him. He doesnt apply for jobs to start rumors and see his name in the paper, he has a good idea what he is walking into. But at the same time he doesnt and thats part of the job too. Never knowing what each season might hold. I think he will surprise many and I'm not claiming he will win a bunch of games. I just think he will leave Lincoln in a lot better shape then when he got there.

Big Papa Wolf

I must admit this is a great hire from where I am sitting. The reasons he has decided to come to Lincoln are his to make with his family. If you have paid attention over the years, this is exactly how it seems to go. We seem to hire above our head every other time. Just being realistic. When we hired Mike Guthrie I felt we had a coach that was not going to lose by being outcoached by the other guy on the opposite sideline. He was a tremendous coach that made kids accountable not only on the field but also in the classroom. They played hard all the time and the kids respected him. I felt that he was on the threshold of turning Lincoln into a competitive program year in and year out. Then he left, and we hired Coach Johnson. We never won a game in his tenure here and he lasted two seasons. Then the hire of Coach Harris. Once again we probably got a guy that was a little above our head. Like Guthrie he came in and changed the way of thinking about football. He made the kids believe that they could not only compete with but beat anyone. Once again we did not hang on to a coach that we should have done everything we could to keep, and he left. We hired Coach Davenport. After a 2-8 season and numbers falling off we are again making a hire nobody expected. Coach Harrison seems to be a hire above our head. He comes with experience as a head coach and a proven track record. It doesn't matter why he came to Lincoln only that he is here now. It is time for this administration, this community , this school, these parents, and most importantly these young men to buy in and rally around this coach. There may not be as much talent as we had a couple years ago, but there are athletes walking the halls that don't play. We need to get them on the field and see what happens. We seem to have hired a winner and it is time to do what we can to keep him. I have said that we needed to hire the right guy but that we would also need to keep him. I for one am ready to see what we can get done. Go Wolves.

catinthehat

You are right. My opinion doesn't matter. But it's about reality...not opinion. It's going to take more than a good coach and super nice guy to turn that program around! LOL! Look at the roster...and that's NOT my opinion.

catinthehat

And Whipper...I'm glad you're not claiming he'll "win a bunch of games". Because he won't. And he won't be around long enough to build that program up.
He seems like a smart and talented coach. But no amount of "community support" can replace players. Hey, I'm just saying how it is. I don't want him to fail...I'm just looking at it from an honest perspective. He's here because of family? There you go...not because he was looking for a challenge. Get real.

Oldbadger

I don't have a "wolf?" in this fight anymore, but I feel this is a great hire! Don't know him personally but seems to have all the creds.  Having family in the area will actually, IMO, enhance the liklihood he will stay for a while.  Good luck to the new coach and "Go Wolves".

AirWarren

I'm surprised he left Newport for this job. Newport had a lot of talent year in and year out. Did the drop to 3a play a part? I can't imagine leaving Newport for Lincoln. It's also funny that people think nwa athletics exist outside of Fayetteville, Shiloh, and bentonville. Rich history and yearly success doesn't exist outside of the 7a west and Shiloh.

whippersnapper

Quote from: catinthehat on May 08, 2015, 09:52:59 pm
And Whipper...I'm glad you're not claiming he'll "win a bunch of games". Because he won't. And he won't be around long enough to build that program up.
He seems like a smart and talented coach. But no amount of "community support" can replace players. Hey, I'm just saying how it is. I don't want him to fail...I'm just looking at it from an honest perspective. He's here because of family? There you go...not because he was looking for a challenge. Get real.
Oh ok well look just from what I have read of your posts on here it seems to me youre upset your guy Meyers didnt get the job. And anyone but him isnt good enough. I have my guy and you have yours. Maybe thats not the case just seems like it though. Ill say this get ready Lincoln. Its going to be fun.

catinthehat

It's not that he's "my guy". It's just that he's not going anywhere. You missed my point. Meyers, even Laird, are settled here. You just don't seem to understand why I think one of those two would have been good hires. It's not that complicated. Two good coaches right under Lincoln's nose. They've both been here a while. Meyers has been at Lincoln for quite a while. Through thick and thin...He was a huge part of the "Harris Dynasty" that Lincoln is so proud of. He was part of the Davenport debacle last year...and he stood firm. That's why the kids like him. They respect him and they feel some security there. Another poster mentioned the history of Lincoln coaches bailing on them. Well? Meyers is solid, experienced, mature, and looking to build -- at Lincoln! Lincoln needs more than a flashy young coach to check out his ego and then say, see ya, boys, when it doesn't pan out. Maybe Lincoln needs a Meyers to give them some stability. I know some Lincoln players who love the guy. A few have said they won't play for the "new guy" and would quit if Meyers didn't get the job. After all is said and done, they probably will play. No matter how much you believe in "your guy" the kids might not. This will be the 4th HC for Meyers to work for at Lincoln. He's stuck it out and they know it and they like that he "pushes" them. Their words - not mine. I get tired of rah-rah speeches from posters. I guess Lincoln always thinks the grass is greener somewhere else. But that's not necessarily true.

Infamous

Quote from: catinthehat on May 08, 2015, 08:26:19 pm
Yes, a little more than crazy. You are nuts if you think this guy is at Lincoln for the long haul. Maybe he has family here and that's a good reason to come. It's a stepping stone and if he's smart he'll step quick. It's beyond crazy for him to leave a situation like Newport and go to Lincoln. Like I said before a million times, coaches start getting the big head when they come from schools where there is a tremendous amount of talent and...surprise, surprise...they win. They start thinking it's all about how good a coach they are. That's OK. Lincoln is the place to go to get a little piece of humble pie. Actually, I feel a little sorry for this new coach. He's about to find out what happens when you don't have players. His son better be a QB...since Lincoln doesn't have one. Harrison better bring a magic wand, or a few players from Newport. He's gonna need both. Oh, boy. It's going to be an interesting year!

The talent pool in Newport has dried up after this past season. Harrison's getting out at the right time.

whippersnapper

Quote from: catinthehat on May 08, 2015, 11:14:11 pm
It's not that he's "my guy". It's just that he's not going anywhere. You missed my point. Meyers, even Laird, are settled here. You just don't seem to understand why I think one of those two would have been good hires. It's not that complicated. Two good coaches right under Lincoln's nose. They've both been here a while. Meyers has been at Lincoln for quite a while. Through thick and thin...He was a huge part of the "Harris Dynasty" that Lincoln is so proud of. He was part of the Davenport debacle last year...and he stood firm. That's why the kids like him. They respect him and they feel some security there. Another poster mentioned the history of Lincoln coaches bailing on them. Well? Meyers is solid, experienced, mature, and looking to build -- at Lincoln! Lincoln needs more than a flashy young coach to check out his ego and then say, see ya, boys, when it doesn't pan out. Maybe Lincoln needs a Meyers to give them some stability. I know some Lincoln players who love the guy. A few have said they won't play for the "new guy" and would quit if Meyers didn't get the job. After all is said and done, they probably will play. No matter how much you believe in "your guy" the kids might not. This will be the 4th HC for Meyers to work for at Lincoln. He's stuck it out and they know it and they like that he "pushes" them. Their words - not mine. I get tired of rah-rah speeches from posters. I guess Lincoln always thinks the grass is greener somewhere else. But that's not necessarily true.
I can respect that. Its basically the same way I view the situation at Waldron with Ricky May. We will just see over time.

catinthehat

Yes, time will tell. If all goes well for Lincoln, this new guy will earn their trust and put them on a solid path.  Good luck to the wolves.

whippersnapper

4AWhistler

I'm anxious to find out if Harrison will also be taking over the AD duties at Luncoln.  Last year's AD carries the title of Assistant Principal at the High School only.

Players were brought in to meet the finalists throughout the week, even those who had chosen not to play next year.  Nice move to try and lure some of the boys back onto the field.

And thanks for the video link, whippersnapper!  I'm thinkin' that Lincoln needs to look into something like that, but with so many larger schools in the area, it might not be marketable with stations in Fayetteville. 

Pack_Mentality

Quote from: 4AWhistler on May 09, 2015, 12:24:29 am
I'm anxious to find out if Harrison will also be taking over the AD duties at Luncoln.  Last year's AD carries the title of Assistant Principal at the High School only.

Players were brought in to meet the finalists throughout the week, even those who had chosen not to play next year.  Nice move to try and lure some of the boys back onto the field.

And thanks for the video link, whippersnapper!  I'm thinkin' that Lincoln needs to look into something like that, but with so many larger schools in the area, it might not be marketable with stations in Fayetteville.

Great hire just got to keep him now. As far as the AD title, that would be best for the athletic programs moving forward and for enticing him to stay long term but not happening for two reasons. Harrison is a football coach and he is not from Lincoln. I believe they could have kept Harris had they given him the AD job but not willing to do what papa wolf said and that is do whatever it takes to keep coaches. 

TIGER101

I think it's a great hire for Lincoln.   

Whipper, how old is he and what offense does he run.  Congrats to coach Harrison  and Lincoln.

whippersnapper

He will be 34 when the season starts. He started out full spread but has expanded.  You will probably see shotgun, pistol, and I formation. But also he adjusts his offense to fits his players. Now is he a guy thats changes schemes every year? No otherwise he wouldnt have the record he does. An example is Newport will more then likely have to be a heavy read option team this next season. He lost a 3 year starting qb, 3 wrs and knew he had to start somewhere. The best he had was a SR to be all conference athlete Ben Collier. So he started building more off the read option that they hadnt ever really had to use. 

Oldbadger

Quote from: Pack_Mentality on May 09, 2015, 07:37:46 am
Quote from: 4AWhistler on May 09, 2015, 12:24:29 am

Great hire just got to keep him now. As far as the AD title, that would be best for the athletic programs moving forward and for enticing him to stay long term but not happening for two reasons. Harrison is a football coach and he is not from Lincoln. I believe they could have kept Harris had they given him the AD job but not willing to do what papa wolf said and that is do whatever it takes to keep coaches. 
You hit the nail on the head!+1

catinthehat

Has anyone heard whether or not Harrison is bringing someone to replace Hammonds? If not, what are the plans to fill that spot on the coaching staff? Heard Hammonds was heading to Heber Springs.

Leroy88

Harrison is already bringing in some of those athletes that didn't play last year or decided not to play after last year. I saw him at the jr high athletic banquet tonight in Lincoln I guess he read about Davenport not kissing babies. Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas