• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Ida vs Foreman at THE ROCK!!

Started by whoknows, December 08, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who yall got?

Mt. Ida
74 (67.3%)
Foreman
36 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: December 12, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

mr.gametime

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 15, 2017, 10:03:55 pm
Batey is a beast. But the D line of Foreman won this game. If you told me Foreman would only score 24 I would bet you they lost. Awesome job, D Line...

Number 47 on the d-line is a beast

hornets23byers

Great job foreman i guess them people doibting 4.2 speed can hush a lil now ....congrats fron mineral

Champ74

Congrats Foreman on a Championship Season

The Beast Of 08

Congrats to Foreman. You beat a great team and won a championship. I was obviously wrong. Enjoy the victory!

AR Ball Junkie

Great way to end the 2A season.  Congrats Foreman....first chance seeing Batey.....wow.   

couch-coach06

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 16, 2017, 03:27:30 am
Number 47 on the d-line is a beast

57 and I would like too note this kid is a great a kid that has always been a great player but the way this kid played all 5 games of the playoffs is crazy .. I've never seen someone turn it on in like he did the last 5 games of a career it was crazy I will post his play off stats when I get time ..

birddawg1986

December 16, 2017, 07:42:32 am #306 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:55:43 am by birddawg1986
Congratulations Foreman Gators. The football school(MI) one year dynasty is over.Back to relailty.

couch-coach06

Bad news for all... Only one kid off that D line graduates  ;D

couch-coach06

Quote from: birddawg1986 on December 16, 2017, 07:42:32 am
Congratulations Foreman Gators. The football schools one year dynasty is over.Back to relailty.

Doubt it

Hornet4ever

SOUTHARK99

Congrats to Foreman! I was so impressed with the Gators tackling.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 16, 2017, 07:43:09 am
Bad news for all... Only one kid off that D line graduates  ;D
That Is Bad News..LOL

couch-coach06

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on December 16, 2017, 08:21:54 am
That Is Bad News..LOL

Number 64 led the team in tackles for loss and tackles with like 90 tackles and close too 50 for loss is a stinking 9th grader 6' 2 220 and you should see his daddy and sister lol

M.I. D

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 16, 2017, 01:08:57 am
#99 for Foreman is a beast of a DL...

Another question... Why has the Texas kid not been playing all year long? That was the prettiest pass I have seen from a 2A QB in a very long time.

To answer your question buck.... the last 2 times he played qb he threw a couple of pics. The High School in Texas he was at ran 100% spread from the shotgun. He had never taken a snap under center. He had never done anything much other than play qb in the spread from what I heard. We had a need at tight end and some on defense. He had to learn quick and to his credit he did. I just wish he had been here for more than a year. He did a good job given the circumstances and the coaches did a good job of finding a way to get him ready to play in a offense he had never been in and on defense.

couch-coach06

Kid threw a dart not sure what our corner was doing but I about died on that play

BO_KNOWS

Ida football program took a hit last night with mostly all returning starters back this year from last years championship team and choked in this years big game. Well they ran into a kid with speed and could not keep up just like 2016 in the rock lol. Losing their running back Ida will take a few steps back and become a tier 3 team .. Couldn't get it done when it was in their hands as filmcrew said after 16 LR game lol. Hey filmcrew don't count your ducks til the eggs hatch you cocky sucker.. hope you learned a lesson in your late teenage years!!

ThreadWatcher

Congratulations to Foreman on winning the State Championship. Y'all played a great game.

couch-coach06

Bad news for you is Lagrange is a junior buddy

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 16, 2017, 08:34:20 am
Number 64 led the team in tackles for loss and tackles with like 90 tackles and close too 50 for loss is a stinking 9th grader 6' 2 220 and you should see his daddy and sister lol
WOW.Thats Unreal.

bleudog

December 16, 2017, 09:25:34 am #319 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:27:54 am by bleudog
ADG post game article and stats: CLICK HERE

dart

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on December 16, 2017, 08:42:47 am
Ida football program took a hit last night with mostly all returning starters back this year from last years championship team and choked in this years big game. Well they ran into a kid with speed and could not keep up just like 2016 in the rock lol. Losing their running back Ida will take a few steps back and become a tier 3 team .. Couldn't get it done when it was in their hands as filmcrew said after 16 LR game lol. Hey filmcrew don't count your ducks til the eggs hatch you cocky sucker.. hope you learned a lesson in your late teenage years!!

Bo you have no idea what you are saying, Forman has a Good football team and Ida knew it was gonna be a battle, when you shoot yourself in the foot in a game like that it's hard to overcome. Just won't to let Forman know they have a really good team. The best Two in the state was in the game and it was a nail biter that someone had to win and Forman made the plays to do it.

Letmland

December 16, 2017, 10:07:26 am #321 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:49:24 pm by Letmland
I’ve sat back and observed all season and kept quiet. For starters the first time we played, Foreman came in overconfident and had discipline issues here and there. Regardless of whether or not we faced masked a player on the blodked punt, Coach King’s chest bumping of the Ref was unacceptable. We came to Mt. Ida from Frisco, TX and had a coach done that there, they would have been bailing themselves out of jail and their season would have been over.

Last night, we came in overconfident and had discipline issues at times. As a result we lost. To imply that MI doesn’t have a sound program or doesn’t have a good future is just plain ignorance. The same holds true for Foreman. They have a good program and a solid future ahead of them.

You will not find finer people than those in Mt. Ida. I’ve never seen a sports team anywhere that has a closer relationship than the Lions. They love each other and no one showboats. When they are not practicing, they are swimming or at the gun range or hunting together. The town is very supportive of the team and every aspect is done first rate.

I cannot say enough good about Coach White and MISD period. He runs a simple but complex offense and defense —- lots of “ syncrinicity “.  For a kid coming from the spread, it was like walking into a room where everyone speaks Polish. Coach White welcomed us here and gave our son more than a fair shake. As far as that last offensive series, it was about the TEAM, not my son. It’s always about the team not Batey or Bohannon or even Favre. Everything has to click before anything gets done and guys in the trenches NEVER get the credit they deserve. Our QB made a GREAT catch and he has the heart of a Lion. He lead the team to a district Title and left it all on the field.  He’s special as are all of the players because again, it’s about the TEAM.

All of this trash talking and bragging I’ve witnessed here outside of good hearted fun will always come back to bite you. It always does. It’s a Biblical Principle. My hat goes off to Foreman. They played a great game and earned the title of Champion.

As for me and my family, we look forward to supporting Mount Ida Football for as long as we are able. It’s special and we are blessed to be a part of it.

BossHogs

Foreman is celebrating. Fans are going crazy. Then all of a sudden the lights go out. Smoke is coming from the tunnel at War Memorial. A team in Purple and Gold walks out and says.... We're baaaaaaaccccccckkkk. Junction City. Not a Junction fan by the way. Just thought this was funny.

GatorBall

Quote from: Letmland on December 16, 2017, 10:07:26 am
I've set back and observed all season and kept quiet. For starters the first time we played, Foreman came in overconfident and had discipline issues here and there. Regardless of whether or not we faced masked a player on the blodked punt, Coach King's chest bumping of the Ref was unacceptable. We came to Mt. Ida from Frisco, TX and had a coach done that there, they would have been bailing themselves out of jail and their season would have been over.

Last night, we came in overconfident and had discipline issues at times. As a result we lost. To imply that MI doesn't have a sound program or doesn't have a good future is just plain ignorance. The same holds true for Foreman. They have a good program and a solid future ahead of them.

You will not find finer people than those in Mt. Ida. I've never seen a sports team anywhere that has a closer relationship than the Lions. They love each other and no one showboats. When they are not practicing, they are swimming or at the gun range or hunting together. The town is very supportive of the team and every aspect is done first rate.

I cannot say enough good about Coach White and MISD period. He runs a simple but complex offense and defense —- lots of " syncrinicity ".  For a kid coming from the spread, it was like walking into a room where everyone speaks Polish. Coach White welcomed us here and gave our son more than a fair shake. As far as that last offensive series, it was about the TEAM, not my son. It's always about the team not Batey or Bohannon or even Favre. Everything has to click before anything gets done and guys in the trenches NEVER get the credit they deserve. Our QB made a GREAT catch and he has the heart of a Lion. He lead the team to a district Title and left it all on the field.  He's special as are all of the players because again, it's about the TEAM.

All of this trash talking and bragging I've witnessed here outside of good hearted fun will always come back to bite you. It always does. It's a Biblical Principle. My hat goes off to Foreman. They played a great game and earned the title of Champion.

As for me and my family, we look forward to supporting Mount Ida Football for as long as we are able. It's special and we are blessed to be a part of it.

Great post!!

I feel the same way! When you start bragging usually bad things happen! Now I understand that there were only a couple of Mount Ida posters bragging (most from other schools) and the rest were respectful of Foreman but the few that we're not, just fueled our kids the same way posters from Hampton motivated you guys last year! And we were very appreciative of the motivation!  Mount Ida is still a very good team and will be right in the thick of things again next year!

SWAT11

Mt. Ida had more than a 1 year run as 1 poster mentioned. They had about a four year run. 2 state finals and 1 championship in that time.  Foreman won the game. That simple. But the one thing i don't see on here is the excuses that we saw on here from Hampton coming from the Mt Ida posters. And I promise you Ida will be tough again next year. So will foreman. Congrats to foreman on your first title. Y'all earned it. Congrats to Mt Ida sr class. Y'all had great careers. 40-3. 3 conference champs. 1 state title. 1 runner up. 21 game win streak.  Y'all are a class A program.

Jaybo

Congrats to Mt Ida on a fantastic season, state runner up and conference title. You guys have a classy program and do it the right way. Your program, parents and community should be very proud of what the kids and Coach White have put together. My hats off to all the folks up in Mt Ida.

Congrats to the Foreman Gators on a great season, conference runner up and most importantly... The very first state title! You guys have earned it. Coach King has done a fantastic job there and the kids and community bought in hook, line and sinker. The Gators have the system in place now, the coach and all the athletes to make another run next season.  #5 for Foreman is a next level athlete for sure. Enjoy this victory to the fullest and then prepare to defend the title next season. This is a great time for that community and my hat is off to them.

Lastly, thank you to both these programs for not only putting on a tremendous state title game (very entertaining from a spectator's seat), but also representing our conference. You guys really did the 2A 7 conference proud last night! Hats off to both teams and see you both next season.

M.I. D

Foreman may go on to win more State Championships but they will never forget the 1st. We will never forget ours. Now the Gators get to be the defending champion and have the target on them every game next year. They will be good and have a great chance again. AA football will have some good teams next year.

couch-coach06

Very true ! M.I.D should be another good one in the series week 7 next year in the swamp! Will also be interesting too see how mineral springs builds on there strong finish and the return of gurdon

mr.gametime

Say what you want about what coach King did in the first game..maybe he was in the wrong...but I think that made foreman players wanna win it all and play there hearts out for there coach like they did last night...its a great feeling to football players when they know that there coach got there back come heck or high water..and they respond to it.

M.I. D

Any truth to a rumor I heard last night that LSU was in Foreman recently talking to Batey?

couch-coach06

Quote from: M.I. D on December 16, 2017, 03:54:35 pm
Any truth to a rumor I heard last night that LSU was in Foreman recently talking to Batey?

Not too my knowledge.. now La Tech sends him a ton of mail .. also has had game invites too Iowa state , la tech, and Tulane ... It will be key for him too attend and do well on the camp circuit this summer if he wants the big boys too come calling

M.I. D

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 16, 2017, 04:01:52 pm
Not too my knowledge.. now La Tech sends him a ton of mail .. also has had game invites too Iowa state , la tech, and Tulane ... It will be key for him too attend and do well on the camp circuit this summer if he wants the big boys too come calling

Agreed. Good grades, act and doing well at camps are the most important.

couch-coach06

M.I. D

And if he can clock a 4.2 on laser time.... the big boys will all be calling.

couch-coach06

P.s. if any LSU coaches come around I'll do my civil duty and " take care of them " lol

couch-coach06

Quote from: M.I. D on December 16, 2017, 04:06:55 pm

I figure any thing sub 4.5 laser would be just fine lol

M.I. D

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 16, 2017, 04:08:05 pm
I figure any thing sub 4.5 laser would be just fine lol

Just my observation. I don't see 4.2 laser maybe 4.4-4.5 still great speed. 4.2 is bordering world class. He's a good player and I'm sure he will have some good opportunities.

GatorBall

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on December 16, 2017, 06:49:34 am
Congrats to Foreman. You beat a great team and won a championship. I was obviously wrong. Enjoy the victory!

I'm impressed Beast! It takes a big man to admit when their wrong! The least I could do is apologize for calling you names earlier in the week...I apologize! I let my emotions get the best of me!! Good luck next year CHG!!

Hogman2018

Quote from: M.I. D on December 16, 2017, 04:06:55 pm
What are you smoking he cant run no 4.2! No kid in Ark. Can run a 4.2.

ThreadWatcher

It's been reported that he ran two 4.24's back to back. Now take it.....I believe that is with a stopwatch(human error). He is fast, but not 4.24 fast. Heck of an athlete, no doubt. I wish him the best of luck in the future, seems like a great kid.

M.I. D

He's fast and a good player. Put 4.2 into perspective. Shabazz and McFadden weren't 4.2. Close but very few humans have ever ran that fast.

couch-coach06

No one thinks he runs a 4.2 we just tell y'all what was reported ! We will probably get some fresh numbers this spring and summer!

Hgalum50

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 16, 2017, 04:07:04 pm
P.s. if any LSU coaches come around I'll do my civil duty and " take care of them " lol
I'll make sure to tell Coach O that! Geaux Tigers! Would love to see batey in the purple and gold.

couch-coach06

Wait a min I ment like leave them in a swamp for gators to eat .. I'm a hog through and through .. lol ..

Hgalum50

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 17, 2017, 02:27:16 pm
Wait a min I ment like leave them in a swamp for gators to eat .. I'm a hog through and through .. lol ..
It's Louisiana they wrangle Gators for a living!

couch-coach06

December 17, 2017, 04:02:10 pm #345 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:35:05 pm by couch-coach06
Fair enough just don't want anyone thinking I'm an LSWho fan lol

Hogman2018

Quote from: Hgalum50 on December 17, 2017, 01:57:45 pm
I'll make sure to tell Coach O that! Geaux Tigers! Would love to see batey in the purple and gold.
You are an idiot if you think he runs a 4.2!! I watched him run in track and he barely breaks 11.0 flat!  Im not talking bad about the kid because I him alot!! He cant play for LSU because his size maybe a smaller D-1 school

Eslim03

Breaking 11 flat is really fast and remember that was his sophomore season. Still has two more track seasons.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 17, 2017, 04:13:24 pm
You are an idiot if you think he runs a 4.2!! I watched him run in track and he barely breaks 11.0 flat!  Im not talking bad about the kid because I him alot!! He cant play for LSU because his size maybe a smaller D-1 school

Although I'll agree his chances of going too an sec school are definitely not increased because he is a little shorter than the norm.  There are plenty of 5'8 - 5' 10" running backs in P 5 schools now .. I mean it's not un realistic for him too weigh  - 200 + next season that's not little .. he weighs  185 or so now at the end of a season ..

couch-coach06

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&Position=APB

These are the top all purpose backs in the 2018 class many have the same or less measurable as batey .. he is 5'9 185 and many of these guys are committed too big time schools..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas