• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Favorites

Started by BigGuy22, February 14, 2018, 02:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on February 19, 2018, 05:34:02 pm
that's fine, I'm really not comparing teams as much as style of play. I have not seen Westside and wondered how an athletic team that can get out on their shooters would affect them. I have no way to compair them personally but I do know those Huntsville boys were very good shooters. Wether you think they are overrated or not.

I don't know if it is more of getting athletic players out on them or just plain strategy because they have played a lot of very athletic teams and they still hit their shots. I went on Soncom's Facebook page and watched some of Jonesboro Westside's games because I myself have not seen them in person either. Ive also watched some of their hudl highlights.

Sportshawk

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 14, 2018, 02:12:45 pm
Sounds like Pea Ridge was almost knocked out the first round of their district. Pottsville should be a top contender for state.
Pea Ridge was very fortunate to escape Gentry last week. They shot 15% in the first half against Shiloh but still got to within 3 in the 4th.  Defense for Pea Ridge is good, but they have their off nights shooting.  Pottsville is the #1 state ranked team on MaxPreps, so of course they are a very strong candidate to win it all.  There are a dozen teams in the state who have shown that they can really play well at times.  This year seems to be kind of wide open as to who will prevail in the end.  The East Region will send four really good teams to Brookland.  The North will also send some contenders as well.  Don't know much about the South Region.

eagle1

Quote from: LRRandy on February 19, 2018, 05:26:06 pm
lighten up Frances. If someone wants to think a school recruits they are going to think it. If you know the truth then it doesn't matter.
Really??? With all the negativity against private schools we don't need more, even joking, from a private school parent. Come on Randy......

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on February 20, 2018, 07:12:39 am
Really??? With all the negativity against private schools we don't need more, even joking, from a private school parent. Come on Randy......
if you follow the context of the comment it was a lighthearted response to a question about tuition. I thought it was funny. If you didn't that's fine but nothing posted on a message board is going to convince anyone that already has a preconceived notion about private school recruiting that Baptist Prep doesn't do it. People will think what they want. There is a post in another thread about Baptist Prep being an assembled team. Go to that thread and convince him otherwise. Good luck with that.

J12

I take everything on heee with a grain of salt. Some serious stuff but speaking from a public school perspective- I don't have problems with private schools and if they recruit.

We always liked playing CAC, PA, and so forth.

Be excited everyone! Some great games start tomorrow.

Gray lizard

The way I see it.  If BP is in the recruiting game they are not very good at it or the big boy would not be in NV.

MDXPHD

Quote from: LRRandy on February 20, 2018, 09:56:20 am
if you follow the context of the comment it was a lighthearted response to a question about tuition. I thought it was funny. If you didn't that's fine but nothing posted on a message board is going to convince anyone that already has a preconceived notion about private school recruiting that Baptist Prep doesn't do it. People will think what they want. There is a post in another thread about Baptist Prep being an assembled team. Go to that thread and convince him otherwise. Good luck with that.

Looking at the ratio of players for Baptist on "financial assistance" compared to other sports, it's fair to assume certain things. Maybe no hard evidence though.

It happens so much more in basketball -- especially smaller classifications. Those 1A schools assemble teams all the time! Players go to a new team every year it seems like.

eagle1

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 20, 2018, 06:34:28 pm
Looking at the ratio of players for Baptist on "financial assistance" compared to other sports, it's fair to assume certain things. Maybe no hard evidence though.

It happens so much more in basketball -- especially smaller classifications. Those 1A schools assemble teams all the time! Players go to a new team every year it seems like.

Curious as to where you are getting your facts on the ratio of Baptist Prep basketball players on financial assistance.............

RamblinRazorWreck

February 21, 2018, 09:02:53 am #108 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:09:43 am by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: eagle1 on February 21, 2018, 07:59:24 am
Curious as to where you are getting your facts on the ratio of Baptist Prep basketball players on financial assistance.............

I can think of at least 3 likely options:

1.  Making stuff up to try to disparage High School kids and Private Schools or Faith-based Organizations.

2.  Basing a guess on the appearances of who "might" or "might not" be able to afford Private School tuition.  There are a lot of terms for that kind of thing, none of which I will use here. 

3.  Having personal information to which unauthorized access and/or divulging here may be a breach of confidence, attorney-client privilege, or some other fiduciary responsibility.  I would say this is a long shot and not very probable.  So #1 and/or #2 are the most likely picks.  #3 is also an extreme long shot because if that information does not exist, it would be impossible to attain.

I am thinking the "ratio" thing most likely has to do with recognizing the fact that BP's Football team is not seeing similar success, so the appearance of "recruiting" is limited to a small number of candidates in the eye of those with no evidence.

Livewire

Quote from: Livewire on February 19, 2018, 01:13:59 pm
The Warrior Dome may not be as large as Lonoke, but it isn't small. Gym size will not be an issue. Westside by 15

Westside 71-ESTEM 55
Looks like I missed it by a point.

J12

Avery Felts had a great game. Westside's 6'6 Gage Scheffield rolled his ankle in practice earlier this week and they weren't sure if he would play. Great effort by him and everyone on the team.

EStem was very athletic and had good shooters as well.

Livewire

Quote from: ajhop on February 16, 2018, 02:45:06 am
I haven't bought in to the teams such as Stuggart, Cental(HWH), Westside, Southside. Just cuz they dont really play anyone. But after seeing score of Esteem vs. Southside game, Southside may be for real. Esteem along with Robinson are teams I think that are really good.

You may have been correct on your assessment of Stuttgart  and Helena, but Estem won't be traveling to Brookland courtesy of Westside . I was surprised that Helena lost in district. I agreed with you on Stuttgart. No surprise there.

Bbal789

Quote from: ajhop on February 16, 2018, 02:45:06 am
I haven't bought in to the teams such as Stuggart, Cental(HWH), Westside, Southside. Just cuz they dont really play anyone. But after seeing score of Esteem vs. Southside game, Southside may be for real. Esteem along with Robinson are teams I think that are really good.

According to Maxpreps, Jonesboro Westside had the strongest strength of schedule for most of the year.

Bbal789

I try not to base any assumptions off of Maxpreps rankings or even the newspapers rankings though.

J12

Only real way to base judge "strength of schedule" is HS is go check out these blended conferences and see how many make the state tournaments.

We'll know more after tonight on how tough Westside's schedule was this year.

MDXPHD

February 23, 2018, 11:39:37 pm #115 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:44:52 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on February 21, 2018, 09:02:53 am
I can think of at least 3 likely options:

1.  Making stuff up to try to disparage High School kids and Private Schools or Faith-based Organizations.

2.  Basing a guess on the appearances of who "might" or "might not" be able to afford Private School tuition.  There are a lot of terms for that kind of thing, none of which I will use here. 

3.  Having personal information to which unauthorized access and/or divulging here may be a breach of confidence, attorney-client privilege, or some other fiduciary responsibility.  I would say this is a long shot and not very probable.  So #1 and/or #2 are the most likely picks.  #3 is also an extreme long shot because if that information does not exist, it would be impossible to attain.

I am thinking the "ratio" thing most likely has to do with recognizing the fact that BP's Football team is not seeing similar success, so the appearance of "recruiting" is limited to a small number of candidates in the eye of those with no evidence.

They have to report the numbers to AAA. A simple FOIA request gives me the numbers. Don't make uneducated guesses. I posted the numbers on a long private vs public thread in the 5A football forum a year ago. You're not near as smart as you seem to think you are. It's kind of pitiful.

RamblinRazorWreck

February 24, 2018, 04:46:45 pm #116 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:45:29 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: MDXPHD on February 23, 2018, 11:39:37 pm
They have to report the numbers to AAA. A simple FOIA request gives me the numbers. Don't make uneducated guesses. I posted the numbers on a long private vs public thread in the 5A football forum a year ago. You're not near as smart as you seem to think you are. It's kind of pitiful.

:)  I wasted a whole lot of time looking for that particular post buried in the massive graveyard of PA & LRCA hatred threads on the 5A Football Board.  LOL.  I would like to read it, but don't have time to dig thru thousands of your posts to find the one to which you are referring.

Congrats on your PHD  Dr. X.   ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on February 24, 2018, 04:46:45 pm
:)  I wasted a whole lot of time looking for that particular post buried in the massive graveyard of PA & LRCA hatred threads on the 5A Football Board.  LOL.  I would like to read it, but don't have time to dig thru thousands of your posts to find the one to which you are referring.

Congrats on your PHD  Dr. X.   ;D

I didn't mean look through there. You should know what information is available under FOIA before you start running your mouth. It's not difficult. If you do want to see the discrepancy, then request the documents. If you don't care, then don't comment about it.

RamblinRazorWreck

February 25, 2018, 05:21:06 pm #118 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:32:03 am by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: MDXPHD on February 25, 2018, 07:21:26 am
I didn't mean look through there. You should know what information is available under FOIA before you start running your mouth. It's not difficult. If you do want to see the discrepancy, then request the documents. If you don't care, then don't comment about it.

Okay, thanks.  I'll not "run my mouth" anymore, IF you do the same.  You took a little time away from years of bashing private schools on the 5a boards to appear on the 4a basketball board to slip in a vague jab alleging impropriety by The Baptist Preparatory School and their basketball team.

So please, just post a LINK to the 5A thread where you gave the financial aid numbers and settle this once and for all!

When you do, I might then have a legitimate reason to file an FOI to see whether or not you are "making stuff up".

bballfan1

February 26, 2018, 08:46:05 am #119 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:03:05 am by bballfan1
Quote from: rebelfan on February 21, 2018, 04:56:32 pm
To the ones who think recruiting is not going on, it may not be in you area, but it is alive and well in North central Arkansas. I know schools, coaches, players, etc. who are doing it. Were anyone admits it or not bringing in a foreign exchange student to win a ring, is recruiting. I could name lots of names, which I will not do. If anyone wants to disagree, that is up to you, but don't say it is not  happening when I know it is. Any smart remarks by anyone will be placed on the ignore list.
Lady, I have read all the crap from you that I am going to read.  And guess what?? After I post, your butt is going on my IGNORE LIST...... ::)
First of all, you have no idea what you are talking about with exchange students, and WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE REFERRING TO.  You don't have a clue about that situation and are talking out of your CRAZY mind.  Please keep humoring us with your ignorance.  I am shocked that the moderator of this site hasn't banned you completely.  REALLY?!!! You want to compare kids playing basketball to going to he**?!  YOU ARE PSYCHO.... I wish I knew who you were, I'd like to have a conversation with you in person to explain to you a few things.  Now, go ahead and put me on your ignore list. I'm crushed.

bballfan1

February 26, 2018, 10:46:21 am #120 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:47:56 am by bballfan1
To the ones who think recruiting is not going on, it may not be in you area, but it is alive and well in North central Arkansas. I know schools, coaches, players, etc. who are doing it. Were anyone admits it or not bringing in a foreign exchange student to win a ring, is recruiting. I could name lots of names, which I will not do. If anyone wants to disagree, that is up to you, but don't say it is not  happening when I know it is. Any smart remarks by anyone will be placed on the ignore list.
REPLY #2:
I'm gonna go on and send you this link so you can repent for all the crap you have put on here about what you have heard or about the rumors you have spread about others- including KIDS. 
Here ya go bible lady.......you freakin' psycho!
http://biblereasons.com/rumors/

dukewins

I am Mary-Katherine (Brogdon) Hardin.  Clearly a Duke fan...and clearly not hiding behind my user name. I'm guessing you know me...since you report on so much of what you know about my family.  Given that you know us so well, you are well aware that my dad, Ronnie Brogdon, did indeed coach for a number of years at Highland.  Being the quintessential daddy's girl, I spent every spare moment with him.  As I grew up, it became discouraging to listen to the few crazy Rebel Faithful scream and yell at Dad. Rest assured, it was a small group...but nonetheless still hurtful to this girl. My mother always told me to keep my mouth shut and take the high road.  She never wanted me to say anything.  But, I am not my mother...and I don't generally keep my mouth shut.  There have been a number of times throughout the years I most certainly let those people know what I was thinking.  So get ready because I'm going to let you know exactly what I would say to you in person.   First, let me just say for the record, I am a Christian.   So spare me your preaching.  I am thankful and beyond blessed to serve a God that offers me unconditional love and unending grace...a grace that I will never comprehend here on earth.  I am so very thankful for His grace...because I'm going to need it after I finish posting to you what I would love to have the opportunity to tell you in person; however, you are a coward and hide behind your user name...so I likely won't get that opportunity.  Rebelfan, I have read your posts and frankly, you are an idiot.  You speak of things you do not know, yet you justify it by saying it "is what you heard" from what you consider to be "reliable sources".  If you had merely talked about the adults in my family, I likely would have kept quiet.  But you named TWO of my nephews...and frankly, KIDS ARE OFFLIMITS!  You know NOTHING of what you "report" or "know" and then you want to get upset when others on this site call you out.  I'm not going to take the time to correct everything you have said wrong about my family and especially my nephews.  I'm sorry you are such a bitter and disgruntled person.  I'm thankful for you that you are a Christian so that one day you will know what it is like to be filled with peace and joy and love for others.  I'm sorry for you that you do not know my nephews or anything about them.  They are both amazing young men.  And I'm sorry that you believe we have opened our homes and hearts for the very simple reason of trying to win a state title.  Shame on your simple mind.  I guess you have forgotten about the boy that lived with us for six years in the 80's after his family moved away and he wanted to remain.  Or perhaps you are unaware of all the young people that my parents "raised" alongside the three of us...wonderful young people that needed a little extra support for various reasons.  You see, our parents taught us about loving others.  I'm sorry you missed that chance.  My brothers and I have continued to build upon what my parents taught us.  So, I guess you have no idea about all the young people that my brother has helped.  Perhaps you haven't heard of those because they weren't 6'11" and from Serbia.  Or perhaps because most of what he does others never know about...because what he does is out of love and kindness...it is not for attention.   I'm not going to sit here and watch you talk about my brother another second.  He is the most giving person I have ever met.  He opens his heart and home to a number of young people and he remains in close contact with those people forever....always helping them.  This is about life, not basketball.  I assume that is something you will never understand either.  Make no mistake, we Brogdon's are competitors.  We want to win.  We would love for our Southside boys (the entire team) to win a state title.  But it is incomprehensible to me that you would dang my family to heck over what you perceive to be recruiting and cheating.  I would love to meet you in person...to introduce you to my family...to let you share in the love we have for one another and for others.  Perhaps if you spent some time with us instead of talking about and judging us, you would actually learn the truth and you may even like us.  Heck...I may even like you.  But until that time, you go ahead and stick me on your "ignore" list, talk about how crazy I am, preach to me, declare me to be mentally unstable, and try and justify all the asinine garbage you have posted all over this site.    If you continue talking about my nephews, I will continue to respond...and those people that "stick up for you" can let you know what I say.  Lady, I will pray for you...right after I ask God to forgive me for the thoughts I have had about you.  God bless you, Mary-Katherine Hardin   ;)

Sigmund Sauer

All of you go sit in the corner until you can play nice!   ;D

dukewins

LRRandy

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LRRandy on February 27, 2018, 06:10:42 pm
Duke lost last night

And it was great to see that punk Grayson Allen nearly in tears as he walked off the court.  :D

J12

March 05, 2018, 09:40:32 pm #126 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:42:23 pm by J12
Quote from: dukewins on February 27, 2018, 04:38:00 pm
I am Mary-Katherine (Brogdon) Hardin.  Clearly a Duke fan...and clearly not hiding behind my user name. I'm guessing you know me...since you report on so much of what you know about my family.  Given that you know us so well, you are well aware that my dad, Ronnie Brogdon, did indeed coach for a number of years at Highland.  Being the quintessential daddy's girl, I spent every spare moment with him.  As I grew up, it became discouraging to listen to the few crazy Rebel Faithful scream and yell at Dad. Rest assured, it was a small group...but nonetheless still hurtful to this girl. My mother always told me to keep my mouth shut and take the high road.  She never wanted me to say anything.  But, I am not my mother...and I don't generally keep my mouth shut.  There have been a number of times throughout the years I most certainly let those people know what I was thinking.  So get ready because I'm going to let you know exactly what I would say to you in person.   First, let me just say for the record, I am a Christian.   So spare me your preaching.  I am thankful and beyond blessed to serve a God that offers me unconditional love and unending grace...a grace that I will never comprehend here on earth.  I am so very thankful for His grace...because I'm going to need it after I finish posting to you what I would love to have the opportunity to tell you in person; however, you are a coward and hide behind your user name...so I likely won't get that opportunity.  Rebelfan, I have read your posts and frankly, you are an idiot.  You speak of things you do not know, yet you justify it by saying it "is what you heard" from what you consider to be "reliable sources".  If you had merely talked about the adults in my family, I likely would have kept quiet.  But you named TWO of my nephews...and frankly, KIDS ARE OFFLIMITS!  You know NOTHING of what you "report" or "know" and then you want to get upset when others on this site call you out.  I'm not going to take the time to correct everything you have said wrong about my family and especially my nephews.  I'm sorry you are such a bitter and disgruntled person.  I'm thankful for you that you are a Christian so that one day you will know what it is like to be filled with peace and joy and love for others.  I'm sorry for you that you do not know my nephews or anything about them.  They are both amazing young men.  And I'm sorry that you believe we have opened our homes and hearts for the very simple reason of trying to win a state title.  Shame on your simple mind.  I guess you have forgotten about the boy that lived with us for six years in the 80's after his family moved away and he wanted to remain.  Or perhaps you are unaware of all the young people that my parents "raised" alongside the three of us...wonderful young people that needed a little extra support for various reasons.  You see, our parents taught us about loving others.  I'm sorry you missed that chance.  My brothers and I have continued to build upon what my parents taught us.  So, I guess you have no idea about all the young people that my brother has helped.  Perhaps you haven't heard of those because they weren't 6'11" and from Serbia.  Or perhaps because most of what he does others never know about...because what he does is out of love and kindness...it is not for attention.   I'm not going to sit here and watch you talk about my brother another second.  He is the most giving person I have ever met.  He opens his heart and home to a number of young people and he remains in close contact with those people forever....always helping them.  This is about life, not basketball.  I assume that is something you will never understand either.  Make no mistake, we Brogdon's are competitors.  We want to win.  We would love for our Southside boys (the entire team) to win a state title.  But it is incomprehensible to me that you would dang my family to heck over what you perceive to be recruiting and cheating.  I would love to meet you in person...to introduce you to my family...to let you share in the love we have for one another and for others.  Perhaps if you spent some time with us instead of talking about and judging us, you would actually learn the truth and you may even like us.  Heck...I may even like you.  But until that time, you go ahead and stick me on your "ignore" list, talk about how crazy I am, preach to me, declare me to be mentally unstable, and try and justify all the asinine garbage you have posted all over this site.    If you continue talking about my nephews, I will continue to respond...and those people that "stick up for you" can let you know what I say.  Lady, I will pray for you...right after I ask God to forgive me for the thoughts I have had about you.  God bless you, Mary-Katherine Hardin   ;)

🤔

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: J12 on March 05, 2018, 09:40:32 pm
🤔

I mean I guess since they didn't win... No harm, no foul everybody is happy right?

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 16, 2018, 09:34:01 pm
If prep wins it all I'll buy you a dictionary.
just gonna leave this right here. I can pm the address to send it to.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas