• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Ole Days!

Started by Valleysports, December 28, 2013, 06:10:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Valleysports

DogsWin7

Lol! 

Did you even notice the difference between the two?     

Women have changed thru the years.   Times have changed. 

Is it for the better or for the worst?         

DogsWin7

So what Dance moves do you have for tonight Valley?  Cotton-eyed Joe?  Square dancing?  Moon walk?  Break dancing? Lol!!!     ;D

You could have made a thread titled "Most Memorable Moments in 2013" or

"New Year's Resolutions/ Plans".       "Most Memorable New Years Eve??"

Lions84

Valleysports

I do too!  And I'm amazed how my kids know and listen to 80's music on the radio, they don't even realize it's from the 80's.

BillyJack™

Several years back my nephew came to live with me for awhile and listened to basically what I would describe as noise. To me it sounded like noise, but being the open minded uncle I am, I listened (put up with it) until one day I heard a few signature licks that sounded vaguely familiar. After going through his play list, I realized it was remixes of some music I grew up with. I climbed up in attic and pulled down my old box of 8mm tapes and some vinyl. Set up the old reel to reel, a Panasonic turn table and my CS-905s then let him listen to the same tunes the way they were meant to be heard. Once we got his personal issues straighten out, the turkey moved back home and talked me out of my entire sound system.

Lesson learned: Be careful what you share with the younger generation, they might just like it!!!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on January 07, 2014, 11:25:00 am
I do too!  And I'm amazed how my kids know and listen to 80's music on the radio, they don't even realize it's from the 80's.
You miss your Mullet. LOL!!

I think it is extremely important to broaden the minds of the younger generation....and like BillyJack stated they might just like it.   :)   Music is far reaching and it can have a positive influence on kids if used in the right way.  Some would be amazed at how they will open up and start talking about things they enjoy just by asking them what songs they like.

Valleysports

Haven't had my hair cut lately - thinking about going back with the mullet...

Lions84

My 15 year old daughter loves the 1980s last night she listend to a set of records from Casey Kasums (SP) Top 40 from 1981.   Back then a HS classmate worked Friday through Sun at a local low powered FM/AM station KCBI and they would throw the Top 40 records away once they got done with the show. For some reason he caught me and asked me if I wanted them and I took a weekend from 1981.  She had a fit.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on January 08, 2014, 06:28:08 pm

You would.  That will go great with the Duck Dynasty attire and your new Honda SxS! Lol!!!

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 10, 2014, 09:28:49 am

You would.  That will go great with the Duck Dynasty attire and your new Honda SxS! Lol!!!
the mullet went out of style?  ???

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 10, 2014, 10:24:08 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 10, 2014, 09:28:49 am

the mullet went out of style?  ???
not if you are our age.....I guess ;)

Lions84

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 28, 2013, 08:29:55 pm
.....and now

The Sisters wore more cloths.  Yet folks had a fit when Shaina Twain showed off her belly in the 90's!

Valleysports

January 16, 2014, 04:00:15 pm #16 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:28:09 pm by Valleysports
Wrong Thread  :-[

Lions84

I miss the longer summers, 165 day school years and lazy days on the White River.

Lions84

Old times Bump.

1983 Gas 65 cents a gallon!

Valleysports

Girls were healthy and not tramp stamped!

cuckoobird

Kazimierz

Keeping your dirty laundry and family drama in the family --- and not having your aunt, mom, etc. airing it out on Facebook. 

Heck, how bout not having social media and people actually talking to each other.... (Kaz realizes irony, puts down tablet and goes to speak with fellow commuter about how Waino shut out the Reds).

Breitontime

I miss the good ole days of being able to drop anything and go party.

I still could I suppose, just wouldn't mesh well with running a business.

Valleysports

LOL - the good ole days were long before your origination.  Thought for sure you'd have a reply to that stamp tramp comment.   :D

Breitontime

Ha, we call them something else. A bullseye of sorts.

Breitontime

Even though, I can't partake in the activities of the good ole days, the boss man (myself) let's me crack one of these whenever.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Breitontime on April 01, 2014, 11:03:29 am
Even though, I can't partake in the activities of the good ole days, the boss man (myself) let's me crack one of these whenever.

sissy drink. even the company's description sounds like they are trying to target women
http://www.victorybeer.com/beers/golden-monkey/

cuckoobird

I miss the good ole days when men where men not metrosexuals

Breitontime

9.5% is all I needed to see.

It came in my pack this month for the Beer for a Year club.

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 01, 2014, 11:08:07 am
sissy drink. even the company's description sounds like they are trying to target women
[/quote]But you need Aleve remember??  :)

What's Metrosexual??   

Breitontime

April 01, 2014, 11:37:04 am #30 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 11:53:07 am by Breitontime
Manscaping and such.

Or, for my generation, it's called common courtesy. Good luck getting some if it's a jungle down there.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 01, 2014, 11:11:42 am
I miss the good ole days when men where men not metrosexuals

Or men are men or women are women in GENERAL.

cuckoobird

Kazimierz

Nothing about the good ole days has anything to do with the dark age of American brewing 1920-1990. If any of you poor fellas are still drinking that generic swill produced by SABMiller (South Africa owned) or Anheuser-Busch INBEV (Belgian owned) or Molson Coors (Canadian owned) quit today... Become a customer of real American beverages. Support your local businesses (hard to do in Arkansas with all of its archaic blue laws on the books).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alcohol_control_in_the_United_States.svg

cuckoobird

Quote from: Kazimierz on April 01, 2014, 12:30:42 pm

Nothing about the good ole days has anything to do with the dark age of American brewing 1920-1990. If any of you poor fellas are still drinking that generic swill produced by SABMiller (South Africa owned) or Anheuser-Busch INBEV (Belgian owned) or Molson Coors (Canadian owned) quit today... Become a customer of real American beverages. Support your local businesses (hard to do in Arkansas with all of its archaic blue laws on the books).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alcohol_control_in_the_United_States.svg
support your local Arkansas rice farmers with  Anheuser-Busch. Support your local hillbilly and farmer with white lightning

Breitontime

I drink microbrews almos exclusively, outside of Newcastle. I can't stand much of anything Anheuder puts out, same with Miller, Coors, etc.

We do have some mash just about ready to roll, though.

Kazimierz

My Arkansas county family cling to AB beers because "it's made with arkansas rice."  However I prefer a beverage which is made with real barley, not cheap corn or rice. If given the choice I will always follow a craft beverage or something which at the very least adheres to Rheinheitsgebot.

I wish I could support Arkansas County farmers, but I'm not willing to subject myself to an inferior product.

Breitontime

Well said, Kaz.

I don't drink beer to get drunk. When I have a beer, I want flavor. Next to nothing fits that bill from the major domestic labels.

cuckoobird

April 01, 2014, 02:56:36 pm #39 Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:36:00 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Kazimierz on April 01, 2014, 01:50:17 pm
My Arkansas county family cling to AB beers because "it's made with arkansas rice."  However I prefer a beverage which is made with real barley, not cheap corn or rice. If given the choice I will always follow a craft beverage or something which at the very least adheres to Rheinheitsgebot.

I wish I could support Arkansas County farmers, but I'm not willing to subject myself to an inferior product.
Hey, youre the one who brought up supporting local businesses. Like it or not, the agriculture business makes this state go round. Support Arkansas agriculture.

Uncle Ivan

That is, until the groundwater goes dry and the economy collapses.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 01, 2014, 03:09:18 pm
long as the Arkansas, White, and Mississippi rivers aren't dry we will keep on keepin on

Breitontime

Your products are turned into crappy products. I'll buy what's best, no matter the origin.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Breitontime on April 01, 2014, 03:41:06 pm
Your products are turned into crappy products. I'll buy what's best, no matter the origin.
Well opinions vary but those products are two of the top ten best selling world wide. Is your preferred one in there?

Breitontime

Availability and price has a lot to do with that.

I can buy a rack for $20, or I can buy a six pack of something good for $10-$15. Lot of poor people like beer.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 01, 2014, 03:36:49 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 01, 2014, 03:09:18 pm
long as the Arkansas, White, and Mississippi rivers aren't dry we will keep on keepin on

Isn't dropping a foot a year for no reason.

Valleysports

Breitontime

RC has long been my favorite carbonated beverage.

cuckoobird

April 01, 2014, 08:18:17 pm #48 Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:31:09 am by cuckoobird
The arkansas river has been at a steady 26.8 to 27.2 on the gauge at pendleton ever since the lock and darn systems went in. The missisippi and white arent controlled so some years (this one in particular) its higher than normal. Some years lower. Has nothing to do with irrigation but rain and snowfall up north

AirWarren

Dos equis. Amber or lager. Bre is right. All about flavor.

When I feel like being a cheap, redneck...bud light.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas