• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the gas price in your town?

Started by Lions84, October 03, 2005, 10:20:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

PrivateLesson

και λοιπόν....maybe you need a new app?

cuckoobird

So, a broke clock being right twice a day is double the amount of times you're right a day?

Valleysports

Diesel should be cheaper than gasoline - a lot cheaper.  It's a lot easier to refine.  However, your Democrat Leaders in all their wisdom - etc, etc, etc.  Remember 10 yrs ago when diesel was .50 cents less than gasoline - one night it jumped to .50 cents more than gasoline?  The Ultra Low Sulfur Law changed how Diesel is handled, processed, and transported.  Europe, like more and more countries, are going to diesel (most new cars are diesel) which means higher demand.  12th man is probably looking at diesel prices, imported directly from the good ole USA.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on May 28, 2015, 10:28:37 am
Diesel should be cheaper than gasoline - a lot cheaper.  It's a lot easier to refine.  However, your Democrat Leaders in all their wisdom - etc, etc, etc.  Remember 10 yrs ago when diesel was .50 cents less than gasoline - one night it jumped to .50 cents more than gasoline?  The Ultra Low Sulfur Law changed how Diesel is handled, processed, and transported.  Europe, like more and more countries, are going to diesel (most new cars are diesel) which means higher demand.  12th man is probably looking at diesel prices, imported directly from the good ole USA.

diesel is cheaper than unleaded in st louis...or was last weekend...by about twenty cents

Lions84

Gas is creeping down

$2:36 at Wal mart today.

Valleysports

$2.39 gas / $2.89 diesel - Flying J Russellville

beach bum

May 29, 2015, 08:09:38 pm #5007 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:12:14 pm by beach bum
$2.42 in Salina, Kansas ... this state is miserable to drive through.

beach bum

I left with a full tank in Colorado Springs and only spent a whopping 34 bucks to get to Prairie Grove. I still have about 1/3 of a tank. Gas was anywhere between $2.32 and $2.59 along the way from what I noticed.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on May 29, 2015, 08:09:38 pm
$2.42 in Salina, Kansas ... this state is miserable to drive through.

I remember driving a few times across Kansas going skiing. It didn't matter if you drove during the day or night, it was the same, ugly.

ricepig

$1.71 at Kroger in Jonesboro. We like those 2X points for shopping Fri-Sun.

sevenof400

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2015, 04:18:21 pm

Exactly.  Headed there myself now. 

As an aside, you're a whole lot nicer than that Ricepig fellow on HV.   ;D

beach bum

Is that a real price today? Geez....

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on May 31, 2015, 06:24:28 pm

.70/gal discount for fuel points.

Lions84

No change down here .  I originally started this thread to be able to find the cheapest gas when I drove from Fort Worth to Monroe County. Now days the WWW is advanced so much I just come here and post to have fun and see how the prices are across Arkansas.

PrivateLesson

$2.38 in Greenwood, AR at Flashmart.

HorseFeathers

Valleysports

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on June 01, 2015, 10:01:02 pm
$2.49 Dover  ;D

Ethanol Free?

Hector shows 2.51 on the pumps, but they were out the other day, so I figured that price will change soon.

Jacketman65

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2015, 06:46:36 pm
Quote from: beach bum on May 31, 2015, 06:24:28 pm

.70/gal discount for fuel points.
Hard to beat that RP, good for you!  Can I come to J-town and buy some gas on your card????

HorseFeathers

beach bum

$2.54 in Childersburg, Alabama..... (about 40 miles east of Birmingham)

Walter

beach bum

$2.70 in Ocala, Florida...... the beach bum is nearing his element  8)

beach bum

Filled up in the land of the Florida State Criminoles... its $2.59 in Tallahassee

HorseFeathers

DerekOxford

beach bum

June 10, 2015, 04:05:33 pm #5027 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:07:37 pm by beach bum
$2.41 in Tallulah, Louisiana off I-20.... about to trek up Hwy 65 through the delta. I love this drive coming up.

sevenof400

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2015, 04:05:33 pm
$2.41 in Tallulah, Louisiana off I-20.... about to trek up Hwy 65 through the delta. I love this drive coming up.

The prison trail? 

beach bum

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 10, 2015, 05:36:59 pm

The prison trail?

Haha, that is great..... yes it is. I loved growing up in the Ozarks but its so different in the delta that I enjoy that drive so much through the endless farm land on each side of 65.....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2015, 06:22:47 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on June 10, 2015, 05:36:59 pm

The prison trail?

Haha, that is great..... yes it is. I loved growing up in the Ozarks but its so different in the delta that I enjoy that drive so much through the endless farm land on each side of 65.....

you mean you love being able to take a nap behind the wheel and not miss anything including curves?

sevenof400

Although I will have to say the portion of 65 in Arkansas starting at Pine Bluff and continuing to the LA state line has been significantly improved in recent years.

PrivateLesson

EZ-Mart in Greenwood yesterday was $2.42

sevenof400

And gas jumps a dime today in Vilonia at Valero...now $2.55

PrivateLesson

$2.49 at Flash Market in Greenwood

Infamous

fastdrop

HorseFeathers

Proud Buckaroo

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 19, 2015, 06:19:35 pm
$2.55 in el dorado.

Gas should be 55 cents a gallon in the land of Murphy USA.....

Proud Buckaroo

Even with Lion Oil here. You know that Lion oil doesn't even distribute to anywhere here?

fastdrop

Quote from: HF on June 19, 2015, 03:55:23 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on June 19, 2015, 03:42:42 pm
$1.45 a liter in Munich.  >:(

5 bucks a gallon?
I am driving a diesel Ford vehicle that is a cross between of a excursion and a Explorer. Diesel is much cheaper over here than gas. Gas would be around $7.00 a gallon.

I would buy this diesel car that I am driving in a heart beat if it was in the USA. Almost all the cars over here seem to be diesel ...... I have only seen one truck ..... LOL. Can you imagine how much a pick up truck would cost in fuel over here.

Last thought..... Why is diesel so high in the USA?

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on June 20, 2015, 01:51:52 am
Quote from: HF on June 19, 2015, 03:55:23 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on June 19, 2015, 03:42:42 pm
$1.45 a liter in Munich.  >:(

5 bucks a gallon?
I am driving a diesel Ford vehicle that is a cross between of a excursion and a Explorer. Diesel is much cheaper over here than gas. Gas would be around $7.00 a gallon.

I would buy this diesel car that I am driving in a heart beat if it was in the USA. Almost all the cars over here seem to be diesel ...... I have only seen one truck ..... LOL. Can you imagine how much a pick up truck would cost in fuel over here.

Last thought..... Why is diesel so high in the USA?

A couple of reasons, first the tax is about $.08/gal higher on diesel after Reagan signed it into law, and second, when you refine a barrel of oil, you get about 18-22 gallons of gasoline and 11 gallons of diesel. So, we would have to change the way we refine oil to produce more gas, I doubt the average consumer would like that.

Valleysports

And Californian Democrats pushed the Sulfur Law on us about 10 yrs ago.  Big Refineries in California - they control most of US production, all of Alaskan Oil.  The highest fuel  prices are in California, because they tax the heck out of everything.  Nancy Pelosi has pushed for more taxes on fuel and been mad that other states haven't followed.  Democrats have been pushing to raise federal taxes on fuel, but those stubborn Republicans keep defeating it.

Proud Buckaroo

$2.48 at Murphy USA in El Dorado.

It was 2.52 in Arkadelphia Saturday.

HorseFeathers

Still 2.49 most places in pope county

WPWells

PrivateLesson

$2.50 Eastside Con....Greenwood, AR.

ricepig

$2.39 in Jonesboro, numerous stations.

sevenof400

$2.40 at Kroger / Conway - $2.00 with discount  ;D