• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Back Judge

Started by aei02, May 08, 2015, 06:28:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aei02

What books or videos do you guys recommend? 

arreferee

Quote from: aei02 on May 08, 2015, 06:28:48 pm

I would suggest going to http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php and checking out the "Tests, Quizzes, Camps, Clinics and Training Videos" section.  All of the Aloha videos are great.  There's also a training video you can by for 5-man crews.  I think the thread for it is stickied at the top.

Nomad1324

And not trying to be too nosy, but are you new to the Back Judge position or new to officiating and want to be a Back Judge?

aei02

Quote from: Nomad1324 on May 11, 2015, 10:15:34 am
And not trying to be too nosy, but are you new to the Back Judge position or new to officiating and want to be a Back Judge?
I will be moving positions this season, I have worked umpire mainly in jr high and sr "B" games where there are only 4 man crews.  I am getting help from a few guys but I wanted to buy some study material and I figured this would be a good place to find out what is worth the money.  Thanks.

aei02

Quote from: arreferee on May 11, 2015, 09:57:05 am
Quote from: aei02 on May 08, 2015, 06:28:48 pm

I would suggest going to http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php and checking out the "Tests, Quizzes, Camps, Clinics and Training Videos" section.  All of the Aloha videos are great.  There's also a training video you can by for 5-man crews.  I think the thread for it is stickied at the top.
Thank You!!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Become an expert on the kicking game. Yes the deep passing game is a big part of your responsibilities, however the kicking game is what will get you in trouble if you don't know the rules.

aei02

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on May 18, 2015, 11:30:19 pm
Become an expert on the kicking game. Yes the deep passing game is a big part of your responsibilities, however the kicking game is what will get you in trouble if you don't know the rules.

Thank you for the advice.
Last week I had a white hat send me a text message that simply said "don't screw up the punts".  Message Received  :)

Rulesman

If it weren't for the kicking game, ANYBODY could officiate football.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas