• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transfer to Greenwood?

Started by MDXPHD, January 16, 2015, 08:41:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Pr8hd on February 20, 2015, 10:19:11 am
Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2015, 09:35:02 am
Quote from: Pr8hd on February 20, 2015, 08:21:06 am
Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on February 19, 2015, 07:36:21 pm
Does it really matter for anything other than next year? I mean, Greenwood is back down to 5A in 2017 now, anyway.

I have not seen any classification numbers for that cycle to indicate they would be back down for sure. Personally, I would rather they stay 6A even if it means less titles. GW should be playing NS/SS non-conference and a tougher slate if they have 120 out for football and have had the success they have had....it's a lot easier to say this now, of course, while Jones is still there too.

When Bentonville splits, it's going to push WM down to 6A, it will be either GW or Alma dropping down. Both may drop down if Jax and NP consolidate in their new school district, although I'm not sure that's either a 100% deal, or it happens in time for the next cycle.

Alma would be the first drop at this point, I believe at least based on what I hear enrollment wise. really the next enrollment figures I care significantly about in regards to athletics classification start in the 2023-2025 cycles.

I will be driving a rascal by then, eating Grapenuts, paying homage to the Greek God of Regularity, Metamucilius, and popping Centrum Silver.

Correct, just use this site to come up with the current enrollment numbers.
https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=25&search=alma&pagesize=10

Baitshop

Does it really matter for anything other than next year? I mean, Greenwood is back down to 5A in 2017 now, anyway.

I have not seen any classification numbers for that cycle to indicate they would be back down for sure. Personally, I would rather they stay 6A even if it means less titles. GW should be playing NS/SS non-conference and a tougher slate if they have 120 out for football and have had the success they have had....it's a lot easier to say this now, of course, while Jones is still there too.

When Bentonville splits, it's going to push WM down to 6A, it will be either GW or Alma dropping down. Both may drop down if Jax and NP consolidate in their new school district, although I'm not sure that's either a 100% deal, or it happens in time for the next cycle.

I will be driving a rascal by then, eating Grapenuts, paying homage to the Greek God of Regularity, Metamucilius, and popping Centrum Silver.

That stuff ain't bad....and Obamacare pays for it all..!!

;)

Pr8hd

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2015, 10:24:30 am

Alma would be the first drop at this point, I believe at least based on what I hear enrollment wise. really the next enrollment figures I care significantly about in regards to athletics classification start in the 2023-2025 cycles.

Correct, just use this site to come up with the current enrollment numbers.
https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=25&search=alma&pagesize=10

Thanks for the link...interesting stuff, looks like Maumelle has more right now than Alma as well even.

dogbreath

A few "objective stats" comparing each QB under Jones.  These are for senior years and regular seasons only.

YR    QB        %     COMP/ATT  YDS   TD/INT  YPC
2005 Stegall  61%   170/280      2546  26/11    15
2007 Wilson   62%   294/473      3939  42/14    13.4
2009 Shook   68%   200/296      2761   26/8     13.8
2011 Smith    76%   192/254      2770   35/2     14.4
2013 Burgess  69%  152/221      2110   21/8     13.9
2014 Wheeler  70%  174/247      2321   22/5     13.3

With the exception of Wilson's Attempts/Tds/YDS and Smith's TD/Int ratios, most are very similar.  As Pr8hd said, the supporting casts differed greatly. 

Pr8hd

February 20, 2015, 10:52:45 am #204 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:13:45 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: dogbreath on February 20, 2015, 10:35:29 am
A few "objective stats" comparing each QB under Jones.  These are for senior years and regular seasons only.

YR    QB        %     COMP/ATT  YDS   TD/INT  YPC
2005 Stegall  61%   170/280      2546  26/11    15
2007 Wilson   62%   294/473      3939  42/14    13.4
2009 Shook   68%   200/296      2761   26/8     13.8
2011 Smith    76%   192/254      2770   35/2     14.4
2013 Burgess  69%  152/221      2110   21/8     13.9
2014 Wheeler  70%  174/247      2321   22/5     13.3

With the exception of Wilson's Attempts/Tds/YDS and Smith's TD/Int ratios, most are very similar.  As Pr8hd said, the supporting casts differed greatly. 
+1

Great overview analysis, Wheeler was statistically better in almost every category than Burgess the year prior but YPC. Burgess did miss two games in regular season , but in fairness he did get stats against Hall, and Parkview. 

So, can we please get off the kid's back and say it was because we did not play the best or place blame/emphasis on the down year only due to the QB position by not playing the perceived "premier" QB? Clearly, enough blame to spread pretty evenly and I thought we were pretty conservative in play calling as well.

Not only were the supporting casts different, scheduling has to be considered as well.  Playing the Lift for Life Academy, Hall, Parkview, Fair <> playing SS/NS and multiple other 7A schools.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on February 20, 2015, 10:33:38 am

That stuff ain't bad....and Obamacare pays for it all..!!
;)

Yeah, but it's not going to look as intimidating wearing eye black , my tear away mesh half shirt jersey, while riding a rascal during Warrior "Walk".

A-Good-One

The North Pulaski/Jacksonville consolidation did happen. That's why I wrote what I wrote. Can't remember where I saw it. Maybe Walter Woodie tweeted. I'm driving and can't check right now.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on February 20, 2015, 01:35:40 pm
The North Pulaski/Jacksonville consolidation did happen. That's why I wrote what I wrote. Can't remember where I saw it. Maybe Walter Woodie tweeted. I'm driving and can't check right now.

They voted to have a Jacksonville school district which has two high schools, Jacksonville and North Pulaski. They haven't consolidated the high schools, they haven't even elected a school board to my knowledge.

A-Good-One

I just went back to check. And, yep, Mr. Woodie must be misinformed, then. That's def where I saw it.

dogbreath

Forgot Hogan in previous analysis:

2010 Hogan   68%   230/340   2888   22/9   12.6

Pr8hd

February 20, 2015, 03:33:31 pm #210 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:12:14 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: dogbreath on February 20, 2015, 03:05:13 pm

The funny thing is in looking at these guys is Stegall at the bottom. I have always thought he was one of the best if not THE best to play QB at GW in the Jones era because he was as dangerous on the ground as in the air . The stat line does not show what dimension he brought with his feet for sure. 

dogbreath

Although his passing numbers are great, same can be said of Hayden Smith with his feet.  Very elusive.

Pr8hd

Quote from: dogbreath on February 20, 2015, 03:59:51 pm
Although his passing numbers are great, same can be said of Hayden Smith with his feet.  Very elusive.

True, and Hayden was a very good athlete just not as big. It did help he had a pretty good back in Sunde and a pretty good junior playmaker for a target, in Drew Morgan. 

Maclin on your girl

Did shook& smith play college ball anywhere?

The Future

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on February 20, 2015, 04:50:58 pm

Did shook& smith play college ball anywhere?

Smith had offers from a few colleges around the area.
From what I heard, he had no interest in playing college ball.

Shook didnt play anywhere either. Don't know if he had any offers.

AT

In regards to the ADHE numbers and enrollment figures, one school you have to look at too is Parkview. They are dropping enrollment quickly.

Valleysports

ricepig, is Jonesboro the largest 6A?  I went to see what Russellville needed to move to the 7A and found I could put that thought to rest.  LOL  Russellville's population is on a steady growth - they're building a Chilies now.....

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on February 20, 2015, 08:01:32 pm
ricepig, is Jonesboro the largest 6A?  I went to see what Russellville needed to move to the 7A and found I could put that thought to rest.  LOL  Russellville's population is on a steady growth - they're building a Chilies now.....

I'm not sure, we are close. It wouldn't surprise me to see Jonesboro pass WM in enrollment at some point. We have been increasing, which is hard to believe because we are land locked and there aren't any areas that are left for new subdivisions. All the new developments in town our in VV and Brookland school districts that are notinside the city limits. Most of the growth at JHS has been through school choice due to the academy's in the high school  and our AP program.

dogbreath

In looking at the numbers of Greenwood QBs under Jones, I took the stats and computed the passer rating of each of them.  Looks like Pr8hd is correct that this past year's team either didn't have the talent of past teams or simply lacked the chemistry.  Also, the four losses were to three 7A teams and a defending state champion 6A team.  Cannot put the blame here on any one player, especially the QB.

Stegall 105.1
Wilson  105.8
Shook  115.2
Hogan  104.3
Smith   114.1
Burgess 115.7
Wheeler 121.1

Interesting..................

Baitshop

Quote from: dogbreath on March 23, 2015, 11:48:23 am
In looking at the numbers of Greenwood QBs under Jones, I took the stats and computed the passer rating of each of them.  Looks like Pr8hd is correct that this past year's team either didn't have the talent of past teams or simply lacked the chemistry.  Also, the four losses were to three 7A teams and a defending state champion 6A team.  Cannot put the blame here on any one player, especially the QB.

Stegall 105.1
Wilson  105.8
Shook  115.2
Hogan  104.3
Smith   114.1
Burgess 115.7
Wheeler 121.1

Interesting..................

System..??..??

catfish1

Jeep71

The population in Greenwood just keeps growing

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2015, 01:40:54 pm

They voted to have a Jacksonville school district which has two high schools, Jacksonville and North Pulaski. They haven't consolidated the high schools, they haven't even elected a school board to my knowledge.

North Pulaski is no longer fielding a football team, their players will play for Jacksonville.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on May 09, 2015, 11:20:58 am
Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2015, 01:40:54 pm

North Pulaski is no longer fielding a football team, their players will play for Jacksonville.

And that news is about as old and stale as you....

WinTheDay

Heard GW is losing a couple of key pieces to go along with the new additions. One started both sides of the ball and the other started last year as a Soph.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: WinTheDay on May 19, 2015, 03:27:18 pm
Heard GW is losing a couple of key pieces to go along with the new additions. One started both sides of the ball and the other started last year as a Soph.
Do you really think it will matter? 

WinTheDay

May 19, 2015, 03:57:42 pm #226 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:37:56 pm by WinTheDay
Quote from: PrivateLesson on May 19, 2015, 03:36:33 pm
Quote from: WinTheDay on May 19, 2015, 03:27:18 pm
Do you really think it will matter?

Yes likely so... they will be losing a starting LB which is a position they are not very deep at as well as a CB/WR that would have been a 3 year starter. It's hard to do addition by subtraction.

PrivateLesson

Any word to where the players are transferring too?

WinTheDay

Quote from: PrivateLesson on May 19, 2015, 04:12:58 pm
Any word to where the players are transferring too?

Moving near Tulsa/Okmulgee area due to their dad's job.

Valleysports

Ahhhhhhh ha ha ha!   ;D 

AirWarren

This board used to be flooded with greenwood people. I mean flooded. What happened?

Jeep71

Quote from: AirWarren on May 19, 2015, 06:36:48 pm
This board used to be flooded with greenwood people. I mean flooded. What happened?
Bored with the board

Pr8hd

Quote from: AirWarren on May 19, 2015, 06:36:48 pm

Some are still here lurking in the shadows, but personally since I had a senior not as much direct interest. Think many may fall in this mold no matter the team. Also, the shenanigans grow a little tiresome and it can be a time sink.  We will have one as a varsity trainer the next few years, but its not quite the same as having one coming up or on the field. So, I will post less, read upon occasion, and watch trolls fulfill their roles.

The Future

Greenwood fans everywhere. People complain.
Greenwood fans nowhere. People complain.

Just no pleasing people  ;D

I pop on every day hoping for new news or something interesting to read. Every so often ill post. Then I crawl back under my rock and wait til September lol.

bulldogger15

Has anyone else watched Greenwood's spring football practices? I'm sorry to hear the Collin's boys are leaving; however, I think the Bulldogs will make adjustments to offset their transfer. 110+ kids out on the field from my headcount. We'll see how many make it past August!

Baitshop

Greenwood will be fine....as bd15 just said, if you are a 6A school and you have 110 kids out, a couple of player losses are easily absorbed...

RD™

So I guess I have to change my tone now....my boy will be a Pittbull.

Baitshop

Quote from: RDarthVader on May 22, 2015, 07:52:26 am
So I guess I have to change my tone now....my boy will be a Pittbull.

Once a Darksider, always a Darksider....sigh

Baitshop

I heard from several folks that the move-in QB has looked like a stud in Spring practice...

SMH....the rich just keep getting richer.... >:(

PrivateLesson

I seen a few pics on Facebook and I gotta say.....they got a pretty good size line too.

I thought maybe Pr8D or RD or The Future or someone might have the scoop if they went??

RD™

Quote from: PrivateLesson on May 29, 2015, 05:49:56 pm
I seen a few pics on Facebook and I gotta say.....they got a pretty good size line too.

I thought maybe Pr8D or RD or The Future or someone might have the scoop if they went??
I'm banned from Smith Robinson Stadium

PrivateLesson

Quote from: RDarthVader on May 29, 2015, 08:41:39 pm
Quote from: PrivateLesson on May 29, 2015, 05:49:56 pm

I'm banned from Smith Robinson Stadium
You say Banned....I say where there's a will there's a way...?!?    You have a pitbull don't you?  :)

Just don't sport the same costume you and Baitshop wore Halloween last year.:)

Grizzlyfan

Anybody go out to the Greenwood - Northside scrimmage yesterday?

Okieback

Yes
Broken arrow and Pulaski academy was there too

Jeep71

Northside  looked like the best team there for sure

Okieback

Beg to differ
Pulaski looked the best, then ba

rona

And I thought it was Broken Arrow. Amazing how different eyes see different results. None of us have a clue. I for one am going to watch a bunch of film to see if it will support my eyeball analysis..

Pr8hd

The take I got from some was that:

PA looked the most polished and should be a shoe in to win the 5A
BA was big and looked good
GW was inconsistent in execution
NS was looking for a QB in a big way

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Pr8hd on June 03, 2015, 08:25:09 am

Irritating that Northside had a string of very good to serviceable QB's for several years.  Now we have a decent defense and a coach that emphasizes defense and can't find a QB. Frustrating.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 03, 2015, 09:39:51 am
Quote from: Pr8hd on June 03, 2015, 08:25:09 am

Irritating that Northside had a string of very good to serviceable QB's for several years.  Now we have a decent defense and a coach that emphasizes defense and can't find a QB. Frustrating.

All accounts I heard , was that most left very impressed by Coach Kelley's PA group. GW has secondary work to do (again) and receiving group as a whole dropped a lot of balls. Not sure how the QB battle will line out in GW. The two they have could be D1 guys, but got to have time and catch the ball. GW goes to Springdale Friday for another team camp, not sure which teams will be at that one though.

NS ought to have things going enough again to find a good QB. Hood was small, but really ran the offense well. He'll be a tough one to replace initially.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas