• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

District brackets/locations

Started by HorseFeathers, April 20, 2018, 04:38:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Rick Swines

I am just projecting here about the 5a east.

1. Vv
8. Fc

4. Wynne
5. Batesville

2. Gct
7. Blytheville

3. Nettleton
6. Paragould

Gct and nettleton play next week for 2/3 seed. Vv has 1 wrapped up. Wynne is set in the 4/5 seed.

Tournament is at nettleton. Vv is the clear favorite.

YSpanther

Regionals are up, when the districts get done.  But the district teams aren't even doing a good job of updating on MaxPreps, let alone know who is playing whom in the brackets.  My best guess is to try and find out who the supposed host is and see if you can find anything on their school website.

T-Bone

April 25, 2018, 04:11:17 pm #3 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 04:41:57 pm by T-Bone
Quote from: Rick Swines on April 20, 2018, 04:44:46 pm
I am just projecting here about the 5a east.

1. Vv
8. Fc

4. Wynne
5. Batesville

2. Gct
7. Blytheville

3. Nettleton
6. Paragould

Gct and nettleton play next week for 2/3 seed. Vv has 1 wrapped up. Wynne is set in the 4/5 seed.

Tournament is at nettleton. Vv is the clear favorite.

Valley View has done really well this year.  I know many on the team and they have stepped up.  Somewhat surprising the VV coaches don't utilize possibly one of their top two hitters on the team by placing him around 7th in the lineup.  Not taking anything away from the team since they have really done well.  Betting in the end this player will be utilized like his past has proven. 

And no he is not my son.  I don't have a dang thing to do with that team.  Just find some decisions hard to understand.  Very glad I am not a coach. 

dirtbagbaseball

Quote from: T-Bone on April 25, 2018, 04:11:17 pm

Valley View has done really well this year.  I know many on the team and they have stepped up.  Somewhat surprising the VV coaches don't utilize possibly one of their top two hitters on the team by placing him around 7th in the lineup.  Not taking anything away from the team since they have really done well.  Betting in the end this player will be utilized like his past has proven. 

And no he is not my son.  I don't have a dang thing to do with that team.  Just find some decisions hard to understand.  Very glad I am not a coach.

But interesting that you would interject your coaching opinions concerning a team you've seen put 15 runs on yours...from what I just looked up on MaxPreps they are averaging over 11 runs a game and you wanna stir the pot for them?

ricepig

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on April 26, 2018, 10:54:12 am
But interesting that you would interject your coaching opinions concerning a team you've seen put 15 runs on yours...from what I just looked up on MaxPreps they are averaging over 11 runs a game and you wanna stir the pot for them?

It's an opinion, he's entitled to it, who knows, maybe they average 12/game with him higher in the order???  ;D

OB11

Hitting one of your better guys in the 7 spot is not that crazy of a move. Gives you some pop in the bottom half of the order and could keep you from rolling 3 or 4 outs up to the plate in a row.

dirtbagbaseball

Quote from: OB11 on April 26, 2018, 12:43:45 pm
Hitting one of your better guys in the 7 spot is not that crazy of a move. Gives you some pop in the bottom half of the order and could keep you from rolling 3 or 4 outs up to the plate in a row.

The times I've seen them, it's hard to tell who the "better guys" are...

YSpanther

Quote from: OB11 on April 26, 2018, 12:43:45 pm
9th is usually the spot to do that, to front load the next trip through the top, but the mental aspect or pressure affects kids in different ways. I'm sure they probably have a reason.

ricepig

Quote from: YSpanther on April 26, 2018, 01:39:50 pm
9th is usually the spot to do that, to front load the next trip through the top, but the mental aspect or pressure affects kids in different ways. I'm sure they probably have a reason.

No doubt, mine hit about .200 batting second, over .400 batting 3rd, 4th, or 5th, it was all mental, lol.

T-Bone

April 26, 2018, 05:19:20 pm #10 Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 05:29:21 pm by T-Bone
Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on April 26, 2018, 10:54:12 am

Did I not say how well they are playing?  Just have seen many of these kids for years.  All good kids that I know anyway.  Are you one of the parents that may have one with a lower OBP or OBPS but getting to play in front of some other proven players?  Pretty funny you call me out.  So your saying never try to improve?  Chances are we know one another.  Give me a call!

dirtbagbaseball

Quote from: T-Bone on April 26, 2018, 05:19:20 pm
Did I not say how well they are playing?  Just have seen many of these kids for years.  All good kids that I know anyway.  Are you one of the parents that may have one with a lower OBP or OBPS but getting to play in front of some other proven players?  Pretty funny you call me out.  So your saying never try to improve?  Chances are we know one another.  Give me a call!

Ha!  Not a parent, just countering your opinion with my own.  I understand you may have personal connections with a couple of the players or their parents at VV (which you've stated before), but unless you've seen them every day, how can you say that this kid or that kid should be where in their lineup?

Just seems odd that you'd post things like that about their team when they've played pretty well to this point...

T-Bone

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on April 27, 2018, 09:45:20 am
Ha!  Not a parent, just countering your opinion with my own.  I understand you may have personal connections with a couple of the players or their parents at VV (which you've stated before), but unless you've seen them every day, how can you say that this kid or that kid should be where in their lineup?

Just seems odd that you'd post things like that about their team when they've played pretty well to this point...

I have said nothing bad about this team.  I have said it is a surprise that an athlete like one of the ones I know is not utilized more.  Any team, including ours, needs to always be trying to utilize the best athletes.  One of them I know has proven he is one of the better athletes.  They are a good team.  We are a good team.  They beat us the first, but only game, this year.  They also beat us last year and we won both the second and third game.  I enjoy watching all the area kids grow and mature into the game.  Enough of this on a forum.  You know me so give me a call if you need more clarification.

bleudog

bleudog

April 28, 2018, 06:13:25 pm #14 Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 06:42:28 pm by bleudog
Bucks - 1
Dragons - 4

FINAL

JC takes Regular Season and Tournament titles. 

Junction -  #1
Smackover - #2
Fordyce - #3
McGhee - #4

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas