• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dollarway's head coach

Started by zebrafan, April 09, 2008, 01:42:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrafan

Cortez Lee was named the Dollarway head coach yesterday. Its a good hire for Dollarway.

ea cat

Congrats Cortez. What Offense will they run?

atownpantherfan05™

zebrafan

Quote from: ea owl on April 09, 2008, 02:26:19 pm
Congrats Cortez. What Offense will they run?
I have no idea...sorry.

whoozit

The name looks familiar but I can't place him. How about some a quick history lesson.

dc24

Former Head Coach at Altheimer.

Redcoat

Good luck cards..............

Jimbo Morphis

April 10, 2008, 12:32:28 am #7 Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:34:54 am by Oldman
tons of returning talent plus a great defensive coordinator and a mean little safety will be trouble for 8-4a. morning line odds dollarway 2-1  warren 4-1 field 10-1. all odds are in vegas don't call me.

Romeo

Lee was a former all-state quarterback at dollarway during the early 90's. He's already proven he can coach. At Altheimer, he did a lot with little resources. This is a good hire for Dollarway. The question is will he maintain the ball control offense that was successful under shelton?

zebradynasty

I am pretty sure that Dollarway will run a more diverse offense. Their QB isn't a passer so I doubt your see the spread offense but you will see the spread formations. However with Willingham and others in the backfield I don't expect Dollarway to stray far from it's bread and butter.

nomorewhining

Quote from: Romeo on April 10, 2008, 07:20:24 am
Lee was a former all-state quarterback at dollarway during the early 90's. He's already proven he can coach. At Altheimer, he did a lot with little resources. This is a good hire for Dollarway. The question is will he maintain the ball control offense that was successful under shelton?

He was not all-state.

zebrafan

According to the Pine Bluff Commercial Lee said "Lee plans on running multiple offensive sets at Dollarway , including the Spread. Defensively, Lee wants to run a 4-3 base, but said that it can be modified depending on the different offenses that the Cardinals will face."

whoozit

Ya' think numbers will increase with the new coach. sideline looked kinda slim for a 4A school. If so they shouldn't any problems in 8-4A may have trouble with finding playing time for the rest of them.

zebrafan

Quote from: whoozit on April 10, 2008, 05:44:19 pm
Ya' think numbers will increase with the new coach. sideline looked kinda slim for a 4A school. If so they shouldn't any problems in 8-4A may have trouble with finding playing time for the rest of them.
Offseason workout program had 45-52 kids turn out.

whoozit

lostowl

Until it's summer and 98 degress on the first day of practice.  Doesn't matter how many they have out, Dollarway will be good. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas