• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

conferences that get to send 5 teams to the playoffs???

Started by Rocker, August 23, 2012, 12:57:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocker

I have a question if anyone can answer what conferences get to send 5 teams to the playoffs and who decides what conference/conferences that get to do this.

hawgfan15

Im not sure which conferences get to have 5 teams this year but they rotate that privilege just like they do with Bye weeks. Nashville barely made it last year as a 5 seed and they ended up winning two games in the playoffs.

Rocker

Cave City was able to do that a couple of years back in 07, when we were in 3a, of course we traveled all the way to mountainburg and lost pretty bad.

whippersnapper

August 23, 2012, 06:52:11 am #3 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:04:52 am by whippersnapper
All conferences now send 5 teams, they did this to cut down on all the 1 seeds having a bye round. Now only 2 teams a year have a bye round. If my memory serves me correctly the 1-4 & 4-4a have the bye round this year.

x14113

That is correct.

And to balance that out, these two will have home field to the finals.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: x14113 on August 23, 2012, 07:56:47 am
That is correct.

And to balance that out, these two will have home field to the finals.

Although I don't see any team from those conferences being anywhere near the finals.

Nip/Tusk

Having 5 teams from each conference make the playoffs is just another example of the aaa watering down and cheapening championships for the sake of $$$

Rocker

hawgfan15

Didn't 4-4a and Pottsville get the Bye last year? I cant remember

x14113

hawgfan15

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas