• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview @ White Hall

Started by Youngsta71701, September 30, 2014, 07:35:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

September 30, 2014, 07:35:59 am Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:39:28 am by Youngsta71701
Another 5A South conference showdown between these two teams. Who will come out on top this time?

RamFan06

Youngsta71701

wing

34-27 CF. I think this may be CF's toughest remaining game based on what's happened so far this season. Things could change however. A lot of talent on this WH team. Glad we are getting a couple of our starters back and Franklin should be back 100%.

Lionheart88

It'll be the toughest regular season game left for either team.  Camden Fairview's always good, and we haven't beaten them in recent memory, but I think this game can be closer than people think.  If the team stays focused and doesn't get distracted by the Homecoming festivities, I think they've got a chance (though I'm clearly biased).  Camden's defense gave up a lot of points to Lakeside last week, and or D has only given up 1 lucky score in the last two.  Now, Camden's no Sheridan or Magnolia, they'll put some points on the board, but if those general trends continue, we get the right folks healthy, and we get a few lucky bounces, I think it's possible the Dogs could pull the upset at home.  And besides, they're my team and I don't want to pick against them.  :P  White Hall 31, Camden 28 on a game winning field goal as the clock expires.

Youngsta71701

We were missing five starters in last weeks game against Lakeside. I think all of them will be back this week except for one. Hopefully that helps our defense get back to dominating like we're used too.

wing

Didn't know we had 5 starters out. Glad most of them will be back. How long will Strickland be out?

RamFan06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 30, 2014, 10:26:33 am
We were missing five starters in last weeks game against Lakeside. I think all of them will be back this week except for one. Hopefully that helps our defense get back to dominating like we're used too.

Who else were you missing? I know Page was out but who else?

wildboy44

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 30, 2014, 11:44:22 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 30, 2014, 10:26:33 am

Who else were you missing? I know Page was out but who else?
3 year starter Justin McCoy d-end...our best o-line guy Klontz, 2 year starter...Cornileus Page was out 3 year starter. Strickland was out from second qtr. Our running back DJ Franklin played 2 minutes.

RamFan06

Was Franklin the guy taken off in the ambulance? Have you heard how he is?

wildboy44

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 30, 2014, 12:33:31 pm
# 4 was Strickland...Franklin was #8

Hoggy

Honestly Im suprised you won as bad as you did with all those players out.  Camden is down a little this year and those players are studs

RamFan06

Quote from: Hoggy on September 30, 2014, 01:31:05 pm
Honestly Im suprised you won as bad as you did with all those players out.  Camden is down a little this year and those players are studs

I keep hearing Fairview is down this year, I thought the same thing. Unless you have seen them in person you cant appreciate the speed they have. They don't play with as much physicality as they did last year, but if you cant catch them, they don't need to be physical.

Hoggy

No they are down.  Got beat by a real average El Dorado team.  Struggled against Hamburg and Dollarway, normally both blowouts

browning_gold_12

Heard it was a fractured ankle.

RamFan06

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on September 30, 2014, 01:56:52 pm

Heard it was a fractured ankle.

Not sure it was fractured, i was told he is out for 4 weeks.

CF

Youngsta71701

September 30, 2014, 03:23:37 pm #17 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:46:35 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Hoggy on September 30, 2014, 01:37:42 pm
No they are down.  Got beat by a real average El Dorado team.  Struggled against Hamburg and Dollarway, normally both blowouts

Have you seen us in person? We've gotten beat by Eldorado before and still made it to the Rock.

Hoghead

CF 41
WH 28

Cards still a force in the 5A South

NoRetreat

They would have never blew Dollarway out.We had 5 starters out that game..CAMDEN WAS LUCKY TO GET THT WIN

wing

Quote from: NoRetreat on October 01, 2014, 02:37:39 am
They would have never blew Dollarway out.We had 5 starters out that game..CAMDEN WAS LUCKY TO GET THT WIN

We had 5 out last week. That's part of the game. And as for "normally both blowouts" I think he was referring to the last two seasons. Dollarway would have gotten smoked against CF. Ask Warren. Althought it doesn't compare to Warren's schedule, Eldo, Hamburg and DW is not the easiest non-conference schedule. I'll take 2-1. We will take a win this year any way we can get them.

Youngsta71701

October 01, 2014, 07:04:41 am #21 Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:07:13 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: wing on October 01, 2014, 05:44:21 am

We had 5 out last week. That's part of the game. And as for "normally both blowouts" I think he was referring to the last two seasons. Dollarway would have gotten smoked against CF. Ask Warren. Althought it doesn't compare to Warren's schedule, Eldo, Hamburg and DW is not the easiest non-conference schedule. I'll take 2-1. We will take a win this year any way we can get them.

I agree, the last two years all three of those games would have been blowouts but this year until the players get used to the new coaches and most importantly until the coaches get used to what the players do best and what positions they're best at we'll take a win however we can get it. Blowout or no blowout. I think once the DC figures out what scheme works best with this personel and what players should be on the field the defense will be fine.

GuvHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 01, 2014, 07:04:41 am
Quote from: wing on October 01, 2014, 05:44:21 am

I agree, the last two years all three of those games would have been blowouts but this year until the players get used to the new coaches and most importantly until the coaches get used to what the players do best and what positions they're best at we'll take a win however we can get it. Blowout or no blowout. I think once the DC figures out what scheme works best with this personel and what players should be on the field the defense will be fine.

This years Dollarway Cardinal team is loaded so CF's win over them is more impressive than some are saying. This years Dollarway team would give last years CF team everything they wanted.

Intelligentsia

Previous Post:
This years Dollarway Cardinal team is loaded so CF's win over them is more impressive than some are saying. This years Dollarway team would give last years CF team everything they wanted.

Well the slippery slope of comparing scores makes me wonder then; since Dollarway just got by Forrest City, is Forrest City that good?  The CF vs WH game is certainly one of the two or three most interesting this week. 

wildboy44

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 01, 2014, 06:57:40 pm
Previous Post:

Well the slippery slope of comparing scores makes me wonder then; since Dollarway just got by Forrest City, is Forrest City that good?  The CF vs WH game is certainly one of the two or three most interesting this week.
Against Dollarway, Camden Fairview had 6 turnovers..the games we turned the ball over we put up around 28 points per game. The one game we kept the ball, we put up 59. Not taking anything from Dollarway...they will donkystomp a whole lot of 5A teams. Comparing scores and stats don't do much justice. Watching a team actually play you will get a good gage. Good luck to White Hall Friday night.

wing

that1guy2110

Quote from: wildboy44 on October 01, 2014, 10:08:56 pm
Previous Post:

Against Dollarway, Camden Fairview had 6 turnovers..the games we turned the ball over we put up around 28 points per game. The one game we kept the ball, we put up 59. Not taking anything from Dollarway...they will donkystomp a whole lot of 5A teams. Comparing scores and stats don't do much justice. Watching a team actually play you will get a good gage. Good luck to White Hall Friday night.

I agree! CF's D was on the field almost the entire first half and PBD only score twice. The other was when the kid took the ball from CF's QB and ran it in. I say this very easily could have been a blowout. Credit to Dollarway hanging around but honestly CF shot themselves in the foot to keep that game close

wildboy44

Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 02, 2014, 02:01:23 pm
Quote from: wildboy44 on October 01, 2014, 10:08:56 pm
Previous Post:

I agree! CF's D was on the field almost the entire first half and PBD only score twice. The other was when the kid took the ball from CF's QB and ran it in. I say this very easily could have been a blowout. Credit to Dollarway hanging around but honestly CF shot themselves in the foot to keep that game close
I agree...if we don't turn it over we can be really good. We have guys that can make plays all over the field.

that1guy2110

I think last week really showed how many guys CF has that can make plays. With Corn out, PJ and Billy were able to show what they can do and CF was down to there number 3 TB or 4th if you still count Crockett leaving and were still able to hang 59 on the scoreboard.

wildboy44

Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 02, 2014, 04:38:43 pm
I think last week really showed how many guys CF has that can make plays. With Corn out, PJ and Billy were able to show what they can do and CF was down to there number 3 TB or 4th if you still count Crockett leaving and were still able to hang 59 on the scoreboard.
I dont think we are counting Crockett. The players have moved on. Most of us still root for him on Friday nights, but the Cards have proved we can run the ball well with Franklin, Burks and Hall...Page could also tote the rock very well.

cfradioguy

My thoughts on Camden Fairview so far this year...Not doing the play by play for the first time in
35 years so I'm not as close to this years team and have not seen every game...I may be a little off
base...
I've seen more injuries this year than But in the last 5 years put together...seems like 5 or 6 guys are out every game...everything evens out I guess...
But, some young guys are stepping up...Tonight's game with White Hall is no exception...They get
McCoy back but lose 2 starting offensive linemen...D.J. the starting tailback is questionable...
This game is VERY important as far as conference standings...

I do believe this...If Camden Fairview can get all their guys healthy, by the end of the year they could be salty...
Maybe not Wynne or Pulaski Academy good, but could make a good run in the playoffs...Until then every game is
gonna be a tense affair....Oh, kickin' is still an adventure...

that1guy2110

Quote from: wildboy44 on October 02, 2014, 06:18:53 pm
Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 02, 2014, 04:38:43 pm
I dont think we are counting Crockett. The players have moved on. Most of us still root for him on Friday nights, but the Cards have proved we can run the ball well with Franklin, Burks and Hall...Page could also tote the rock very well.

I know they aren't counting Crockett. I will say this tho. If Crockett was that much better than what I've seen so far from Franklin then I'm def believing the hype he has been getting. I think Franklin will get some hype after this season if he keeps it up

FD4

Since that game in 12 when CF came up to Wynne and beat us, I always keep an eye out for em, you tend to pull for the guy that whipped your guy.  They earned that championship that year after having knocked on the door so many times.  This year, is sort of like the feeling of White Hall being the underdog, you also tend to pull for the dog too, should be a great game, winner takes district.

Lionheart88

After giving up a first down CF forces three negative plays, after the punt they score in 2 plays.  7-0 with 9:06 remaining in the first.

Lionheart88

Been ugly over here.  Low snaps, high snaps, fumbles, punter putting his knee on the ground, etc.  Nobody looking that good, score remains 7-0 CF nearing the end of the quarter.

Lionheart88

Camden scores on the second play of the second quarter.  13-0 CF after the kick is missed.  11:12 left in the half.

Lionheart88

Kirk Baugh scores on a keeper around the end, 6 yards into the end zone.  Missed the PAT apparently (everyone around me thought it was good, but whatever).  13-6 Camden leads with 5:30 left.

Lionheart88

Any of yall CF folks here watching, or is it just me?

Lionheart88

After a failed onside kick by the Bulldogs, CF marches down the field (slowed by a holding call) and eventually scores.  PAT good, 20-6 Camden with 2:48 left in the half.

Lionheart88

As lopsided as the score looks, White Hall is just a couple of bad breaks from a lead in this game.  One fumble on the 3 yard line, another inside the red zone.  Fix that coming out of the half and this is very much anybody's game.

wildboy44

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 03, 2014, 08:36:50 pm
As lopsided as the score looks, White Hall is just a couple of bad breaks from a lead in this game.  One fumble on the 3 yard line, another inside the red zone.  Fix that coming out of the half and this is very much anybody's game.
if we stop shooting ourselves....we ciuld be up by more

Lionheart88

Bulldogs drive to the 6 and turn it over on downs.

....but then force the fumble on 1st down and recover it ar the 1.

Lionheart88

Baugh up the gut on 2nd & 1 for the TD.  20-13 Camden leads with 3:30 left in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

Bulldogs onside kick and recover.  Here we go.

Lionheart88

Kirk Baugh in for another one!  With the PAT, it's a tie ballgame with 1:40 in the third!

Lionheart88

Camden comes right back and scores in 2 plays, 27-20 with 1:02 left.

Lionheart88

Lady Luck givers and she take the away, CF covers the lose ball on the ensuing kick, setting up on the Bulldog 20.

....and two plays later the Bulldogs strip-sack the QB and return the fumble to their own 36.

Lionheart88

Long, long run gives the Cardinals 7 more.  34-20 Cardinal lead, 6:16 left in the game.

Lionheart88

Bulldogs drive down and Baugh scores another TD on a short run.  34-27 Cardinals hanging on by a score, 4:35 left in the game.

Lionheart88

The Bulldogs get the score, but go for 2 and don't get it.  34-33 Cardinals lead with 0:57 left in the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas